Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] FISH FRIDAY [NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, Mar 22, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Happy Fish Friday! I'm making fried tilapia and hush puppies right now. They are turning out okay. Do any of you feast on seafood this time of year? What's funny is that even though I grew up in a coastal city, the height of seafood in our house was fish sticks.

IMG_20240322_182018_(1200_x_800_pixel).jpg

It is also national drug and alcohol facts week. Fun fact: Marijuana use hit an all time high (heh) in 2020. Gee, I wonder why.
    What is your favorite drug/alcohol related fact?

No comment needed.
    upload_2024-3-22_18-22-36.png

Happy Friday, folks. I hope you have a safe and beautiful weekend.

2. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Back when Man vs Food was good (Adam Richman days) he did a hush puppy challenge at some place in Portland. They called them "fritters" but they were hush puppies. Thankfully they let you buy just one for fun and yeah, fuck those things. I dipped it in the accompanying sauce and it wrecked my meal. Nothing like the Paqui One Chip Challenge though. FUCK that challenge. I had one piece about the size of my thumbnail and immediately got the hiccups and almost got sick drinking so much milk. According to the gurus on Reddit, it puts Da Bomb to shame.

Wifey is having a girls night and was ready for a bachelor night to drink some beers and watch the new Road House but a buddy of mine who enjoys movies like that said it was so bad that he actually turned it off partway through. Going to watch 3 Body Problem instead.

3. sisterkathlouise

sisterkathlouise
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I watched that dude eat a mountain of nachos and it was honestly unsettling and kind of sad. My friend worked at a restaurant where the show was filming an episode and we thought it would be fun to go but I think that show really benefitted from the editing process. Probably should've put back a few more margaritas first to blur the edges on that particular bizarre experience.

4. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I made a killer fish chowder a few weeks ago that was probably my best soup creation ever. I just went through the freezer and grabbed all the old frozen fish that I bought but never ate, and cut it up into big chunks. I then took some prawn shells and boiled them down in some water to make a killer fish stock for most of the day... then added a bunch of potatoes, cream, butter, and cheese... along with some spices.

I made a ton of it for a small dinner party, with the expectation that I'd have lots left over to freeze, but the pot was scraped clean in no time. It was a huge hit.

5. kuhjäger

kuhjäger
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I used to be Irish Catholic, now I am an American. But nevertheless around lent I still do the fish on Friday thing, despite in general being against eating fish due to the ecological rape fisheries cause. Last night it was tuna salad.

But just a few minutes ago I made a cod soup for my in laws that is super easy and really really good.

Here is the recipe:
    1 large fennel bulb
    2 large carrots
    1 half leek
    2dl creme fraiche
    2 fish bullion cubes + 8dl water (or 8dl fish stock)
    400g cod or other white fish
    Fresh dill chooped (1dl)

Chop all the veggies and put them in a pot with melted butter and cook them on medium high heat until you see the first hints of browning. If using bullion cubes toss them in and saute them with the veggies a bit and then add water or just dump in fish bullion.

Let boil until veggies are just tender. Add creme fraiche and let boil. Toss in cubed fish and let simmer to cook 3-5 min.

Salt and pepper to taste

Stir in dill right before serving

6. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I eat a lot of seafood. If I ever wanted to end my life, I think I would pick she crab soup as the means to that end. Just eat it every meal, everyday, until it clogged my arteries and I had a cardiac event. It would be a slow, tasty death. It's so delicious, but so creamy and bad for you.

I worked in two different seafood restaurants in high school and I got pretty good at cooking fish and shellfish. I can't stand kernels of corn in my hush puppies. The little bits of onion are fine, though I hate onion in just about everything else.

7. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Interestingly enough I made a seafood casserole (Chinese buffet style) for sandwiches this week. From the left over shark I got a few years ago, shrimp, and fake crab meat. It was good. I was planning another fishing trip for May buy my Aunt and Uncle are taking a trip at the same time. Might try a weekend trip to Virginia or something with my leftover vacation days.

8. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

We eat seafood all year round. We have salmon, tilapia or flounder at least once a week (I’ve long given up trying to figure out what’s sustainable and what isn’t), and a wide variety of fish and shellfish regularly. I like pretty much everything. Growing up all we had were fish sticks, I was in my twenties before I realized what I was missing out on.

I go camping with friends at least once a year, and we have a huge meal the first night. Usually it’s steak and lobster, but one year my buddy brought a bushel of clams. We steamed them in a pot over the campfire in batches and spent hours eating clams and drinking beer.

9. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Yeah. We eat fish year round as well.

10. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

My mom gets red snapper heads from her fisherman's wife friend who goes out on the Gulf to fish. She loves how tender the cheek meat is. It's more work to obtain but it's free and I will eat the hell out of it any day

11. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

this is what happens when you party too hard

12. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That's pretty funny that he was so clearly nervous in that interview, because he did a pretty good job in the movie. He was like a happy, wacky nutjob in the film, strutting around like he was very comfortable.

13. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Wow. Connor is fucked up in that interview.

Hope he doesn’t have a piss test any time soon.

14. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I’m dying, I think.

So my ear infection is nearing the two week mark. Clogged ear, now to the point of actually affecting my sense of pitch on that side. No paid anymore, haven’t had a fever. Antibiotics and prednisone didn’t help. Can’t get to the ENT until Monday afternoon.
    Starting this past Wednesday, I’ve now added what I’ll call “dysentery without the blood.” My body doesn’t want to absorb water, or expel any solids. I’m just living life as if I’m prepping for a colonoscopy, but without any acid soreness. M kinda concerned. I’m hoping the ear issue is the root cause and it’s just fucking up my entire body. Hopefully Monday they can figure shit out.

until then, I guess I just…shit out.

15. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I’d be tempted to go to the ER dude.

16. SouthernIdiot

SouthernIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

In 'Merica you have to decide which is worse, death or debt. Because anything else makes you a commie or something.

17. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If I wasn’t regularly in touch with my doctor, I would. It’s not like I’ve just been riding it out without doing something about it.

18. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Glad to hear it.

19. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Doesn't that make it worse, that you're that bad with medical intervention?

We are on day too many of stomach bug over here. I think I caught it too. The only solid thing that came out today were the kernels of corn from that hush puppy.

20. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This is just my advise, but I'd take an Immodium AD or generic equivalent to let your body absorb the liquids, and see how you feel in a day or so.
    I've been in a similar situation before (Pissing Yoo-Hoo out of my ass for 24+ hours at a time), and that worked for me.
    Stay hydrated in the meantime.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.