Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

True Blood: The Final Season

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Crown Royal, Jun 8, 2014.

1. gogators

gogators
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

wtf was that?

2. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

i believe in the industry it's known as "lazy writing".

3. lostalldoubt86

lostalldoubt86
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

that was a complete waste of time and i would be mad that i put so much effort into watching the show for so long if i didn't have such low expectations due to this season.

4. whathasbeenseen

whathasbeenseen
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

i entirely agree. i wanted to turn it off so many times. the only redeemable parts of the entire episode was seeing eric rock out after killing the yakuza, pam saying 'i am so fucking with you', her turn down sarah and knowing that sarah would be tortured for the rest of her natural life. where the fuck was lafayette? at least tara's mom didn't make a final appearance. i don't expect a lot from this show but jesus do they know how to capitalize on that.

still haven't seen jessica naked. we need to start some kickstarter shit for that. find out what the price is and get it done.

5. scootah

scootah
    Expand Collapse
    New mod

i don't... i mean i had low expectations, but that was fucking ordinary.

who lets the pregnant bitch serve drinks? make her sit the fuck down or at least help her you dicks. who was the asshole with the beard who barebacked sookie? where was lafayette all episode? why the fuck did eric and pam put up with the yakuza for so long if they were that fucking easy to take out? why didn't the other yakuza/trueblood guys fucking murder them afterward? why didn't bill just greet the sun, or get a wooden bullet and a gun to kill his own dumb ass if sookie couldn't pull the trigger? have you ever tried to break a shovel handle like that? is she jackie chan and they just missed that fact for the last 7 fucking years? are we really supposed to believe she put 36 cubic feet of dirt back into that grave by fucking hand? andy's daughter and her first boyfriend are still together after like 4 years? from a hichschool relationship? when she's a fucking faerie? newlin only has one imaginary friend in her cell? if she's that crazy, why not have the governor, her guru and jason there to imaginary fuck with her? c'mon. seriously, who punches out on 7 years with that lazy a fucking ending? the screenwriters for that should be required to watch the last episode of the sopranos on repeat until they understand just how badly they failed. if you're going to go out on a high while you still have ratings, the idea isn't to phone it fucking in for the ending

6. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

this whole season was unnecessary. no primeval enemy, no sex appeal, no ending. if they had made season 6 two episodes longer they could have padded all this shit and not have wasted time and money.

i am glad that it worked out for erik and pam, they belong at the top if the pyramid. if it wasnt for them and ginger i would have ignored this season entirely.

7. Roxanne

Roxanne
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Alan Ball, executive producer of the best series finale (Six Feet Under, for the uninitiated) and the worst series finale of all time (which was this fucking piece of lose).

8. lostalldoubt86

lostalldoubt86
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I know this thread is supposed to be about True Blood, but i want to reiterate that the finale of Six Feet Under was amazing. The end of that series torn me to pieces and the series in general caused me to not take Dexter seriously for the whole first season.

9. Roxanne

Roxanne
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Well fuck True Blood Final Season anyway. How about that Six Feet Under finale? A finale that wrapped up every ending in such a satisfying way that you didn't even have time through all the insane blubbering to question any of it. And a final season that was a true end, not a meandering continuation for the sake of keeping some actors on the payroll a little while longer.

Pretty damn awesome.

10. lostalldoubt86

lostalldoubt86
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Every season of Six Feet Under was necessary. Nothing was drawn out and every moment moved the plot forward or gave a character new depth.

11. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

They kept it short and sweet at five seasons. That show shattered my soul, in a good way. Never pandered to the audience for a minute.

An INCREDIBLE show.

12. Roxanne

Roxanne
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

What was crazy was how realistic it was, despite the absurdity. You really could just see Brenda and Billy being real even though they were so fucked up it was beyond belief.

And Nathan is, in my opinion, one of the most tragic characters in fiction. A man who only wants to be good and has no compass about how to be, and dies the second he's figured it out. God. I want to watch the show again so bad, but it's so painful to do it.

13. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Thank god I saw this thread letting me know how terrible this season was and watched most of it on airplanes. Because this was bad. It wasn't Dexter bad who fucking sunk the floor in the earth's core but it sucked. I agree with what Scootah said for the most part, there were a lot of illogical things when it comes to Eric/Pam vs Yakuza type shit. I mean, that character was great, but fuck, they sure wasted a lot of time on Hoyt. Not once in this (or last) season was I thinking "Man, I really wish they wrapped up the Hoyt story."