Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

TiB Tips and Tricks

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Angel_1756, Jan 8, 2012.

1. LessTalk MoreStab

LessTalk MoreStab
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

When fighting with women sometimes pretending to get angry even though you aren’t can save you heaps of time and angst. Allows her to vent with a bit of yelling and door slamming. Couple of hours later all is generally peachy, with rough makeup sex a real possibility. I used to stay cool and not get emotive, the passive aggressive bullshit sometimes lasted for days until I snapped, faking angry expedited this progression.

When house painting use oil based paints on doors, architraves and skirting boards, it’s a pain in the ass but the results are 3x better than even the best water based paints can provide.

When following this excellent advice: Keep your oil based paint brushes in water. The water seals the brush not allowing the paint to evaporate/dry off. I recently pulled a brush out that had been in a water bath for 6 months+, still fine.

2. Angel_1756

Angel_1756
    Expand Collapse
    The Big Four-Oh

[​IMG]
    This is going to revolutionize my jam-making process when strawberry season rolls around.

3. Primer

Primer
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

- Put a spoon, or spatula over a pot of boiling pasta and it won't boil over.

- Be vain; take a picture of your excellent hair cut, right after it's been done and use that as a guide for the next cut.

- Leftover wine from a party? Freeze it, in an ice tray, for cooking later on.

- Vinegar and water makes a good cleaning solution, just wipe off after with a clean, damp cloth.

- Easy work bench extension; take mason jars (or any jar really) and glue the lids the bottom sides of surface (underside of table, stairs, ect). Twist the jar into the glued lid and store stuff in them. Now you can use both sides to store stuff.

- If you're going to smoke pot in a hotel be prepared. Bring some dryer sheets with you on your trip. Remove the toilet paper from the roll and then stuff the end of the cardboard roll with the dryer sheets. When you take a rip, blow the smoke into the other end of the toilet paper roll and through the sheets - it'll kill any pot smell in the room.

4. Renholder

Renholder
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

To clean a coffee pot without chemicals, put a handful of ice with a couple table spoons of salt in the dry pot. Swirl it around for a little while and the ice will start to turn black. Rinse with water. The salt sticks to the ice and acts as an abrasive scrubber.

5. caseykasem

caseykasem
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Tried this today and worked like a fucking charm. My battery would only last about 1.5 hrs while cruising around the internet but now it's about 3 hrs just like it would when I first bought it. Most useful thing on this thread.

6. AlmostGaunt

AlmostGaunt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm not a particularly domesticated guy, but if you need to store drugs, an air tight tupperware container in your freezer is your best bet 90% of the time.

7. Angel_1756

Angel_1756
    Expand Collapse
    The Big Four-Oh

I'm assuming you're not talking about pharmaceutical-type drugs, because those usually have safe-storage temperatures that are far above freezing.

8. scootah

scootah
    Expand Collapse
    New mod

Storing speed and coke in the freezer is a time honored tradition. Partly because it decreases the smell (so if it's still cold when you take it to your buyer you're less likely to have a passing sniffer dog out you) and partly because a lot of cut recipes and home brew combinations go bad in heat but tolerate cold pretty well. Has always been fine for LSD and ecstasy in my experience also.

9. suapyg

suapyg
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Um, he means in the experiences he's heard about. As it happens, I've heard similar things.

10. Disgustipated

Disgustipated
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

And from what I've been given to understand, the little plastic containers that camera film came in (the opaque, not the clear) is ideal to store it in.

11. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I can confirm that Bart Simpson has no problems living in such conditions for 15+ years.

12. Aribidi

Aribidi
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

- If you want to get some fruit to ripe really fast, put them inside a palstic bag with a banana. The banana secretes something that speeds up the process.
    - Is your dish too spicy? Give it some sugar. Or throw a sliced potato in there. It isn't a magic cure, but it helps.
    - Bought a chunk of Parmesan Cheese, but are you like me and only use half of it? You can put it in the freezer. (But only if you plan on using it one warm dishes.)

13. RCGT

RCGT
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

<a class="postlink" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_hammer" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_hammer</a>

You can also open bottles of spaghetti sauce, etc this way. Tilt the bottle so it's pointing 45 degrees towards the ground, and wail on the bottom of the bottle with the heel of your hand until you hear the seal pop.

Another way of opening wine bottles: hammer, screw, screwdriver. Screw the screw into the cork, pull it out with the back end of the hammer.

This. Never fucking buy textbooks unless you really like hard copies. Googling the name + "site:mediafire.com" should do it. Also try other sites (Megaupload, Rapidshare, Filesonic, etc).

14. lust4life

lust4life
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I know apples have this property, first time I've heard about a banana.

15. fishy

fishy
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I always have those 4 packs of Sutter Home or Gallo mini bottles of white & red wine on hand. You can keep them around forever and work great for cooking. You don't waste the good stuff and they're just the right size for most dishes.

True, but parm will last several months in the fridge. Just wrap it in wax paper, then loosely in plastic wrap. DON'T store it in a sealed ziploc. If little spots of mold do appear, just scrape them off the surface, they don't penetrate that deep anyway.

16. Angel_1756

Angel_1756
    Expand Collapse
    The Big Four-Oh

Holy shit, this totally just worked. Easiest hiccup cure I've ever used. Thank you!