Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

The drug thread

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by redbullgreygoose, Oct 20, 2009.

1. Rob4Broncos

Rob4Broncos
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

In case you weren't already aware: the US has some stupid fucking laws.

Granted, the couple was busted before 10 years ago, but 5 years? For WHAT? What will all that time lost in their lives and government money spent actually accomplish? As it's been said on this board before: our country's cost-benefit analysis is seriously fucked-up.

#541 Rob4Broncos, Apr 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  2. RoosterCogburn

RoosterCogburn
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Attention NC residents (and pot smokers), house bill 577, the NC medical cannabis act, is currently under review, and passed its first reading on the 4th of this month. This is the second bill that's been put up in NC, and this one is a lot stronger than the last. It's got a republican sponsor and from what I can tell the provisions look pretty solid. So if you live in NC and care about medical cannabis (which even non-smokers should), drop your reps a line and show some support. The NC general assembly website lists reps for all the different counties, so just look there if you don't know. You can follow the status of the bill through the link I posted below.

http://www.ncga.state.nc.us/gascripts/BillLookUp/BillLookUp.pl?Session=2011&BillID=H577

3. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I wouldn't go hunting for them EVER outside western Canada because that's in provincial parks and wild forests. Especially when you're a stranger in a strange land, walk on the wrong property and next thing you know you're having things done to your genitals that you couldn't think up in your worst nightmares. If you can find a trustworthy hotel guy, fine. Weed should be easier to find, but find out the local laws on it too. In Cuba, ANY narcotics and you do the big time in crotch biter prison.

Besides, if you haven't done many mushrooms you want a more controlled environment that a foreign land, especially if you do too many and lose it. The local police may not find it amusing on the gringo who thinks he's being engulfed in scorpions.

4. Seeker

Seeker
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Anyone ever get blurry vision after doing coke? I killed about a gram over Fri-Sun and my vision has been affected. Yesterday I was having trouble reading/sending texts and such, couldn't read a magazine at all. Today I can read, but only for short periods of time before I have to look away and refocus my eyes. Small print or up-close stuff is still unclear; I can't read the label on a 5-hour Energy bottle, for example, but last week that wasn't an issue. I thought I remembered reading somewhere that coke dries up all mucus membranes, so that may be what's going on here, but I'm freaking out a little cause it's my eyes. I'm not much of a coke user either- I'll take a line or two if it's around but usually don't do it more than every month or two.

Disclaimer: I'm on a medication that dries up all bodily secretions and may also cause blurry vision, but I've been on it for 3 months now with no effect on my eyes. I took a Concerta two weeks ago to help me power through a paper and had trouble focusing on small type for the next day or two, but this is a whole new level. I'm hoping it's just a combination of uppers and my medication and not something more serious.

5. hoju

hoju
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I'm no expert but did you actually read your post? Here's my non-medically approved advice:
    If you are taking a medication that, for some reason, dries up your "bodily secretions" and "may also cause blurry vision", dont do cocaine.
    I've done enough blow to know that it dries up your nasal passages. If you're taking a med for that same reason, then guess what? It's gonna fuck with you.

Now, if you're really worried, and not posturing, then why the hell are you asking people on a message board?

6. Seeker

Seeker
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Blurred vision is something that should have happened immediately with this medication if it was going to happen, based on everything I've read. The fact that it took 3 months to show up is what has me concerned and uncertain. I'm trying to figure out from responses here and elsewhere if the vision thing is from coke alone, a combo of coke and my meds, or from the medication alone, which would be the most serious. Since my vision has improved markedly since Monday I'm leaning towards option 2, but I want to hear from people with more coke experience than me before I relax. Also, as a broke college student, I want to try and figure out if this is something I can wait out or something that demands immediate medical attention, because money is tight and I can't afford to shell out for treatment or medicine I don't ultimately need. That's all.

7. E. Tuffmen

E. Tuffmen
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I get regular e-mails from the Marijuana Policy Project and today I got one that said North Carolina is considering a medical marijuana bill. If any of you live in NC and would like to add your voice to helping get the bill at least looked at for consideration there is a letter titled NC: Ask your legislators to support H 577, medical marijuana legislation. It will automatically go to Senators and Representatives of NC.

8. katokoch

katokoch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Are take-home drug tests as accurate as advertised? I'm hoping to get a job offer soon and there will be a drug test following it, so I stopped smoking weed once I heard that and today pissed negative after only a few days of no toking (woohoo!). As long as I don't touch the stuff, should I be concerned about passing a (real) drug test in the next week or two?

9. thisisajs

thisisajs
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

10. zzr

zzr
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This is one of the major reasons why I support drug legalization, even though I've never used any type of illegal drug. The FDA would control the manufacture of recreational drugs and users could be assured of what they're taking. There's that tax thing too....

11. lust4life

lust4life
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Home urine tests are pretty accurate. However, if your potential employer uses a more sophisticated testing methodology (e.g., hair sample), you're probably screwed. Of course, you could play it safe and shave your head.

12. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If you shave your head, Im pretty sure they will take it from somewhere else. One of my friends has a shaved head, and at his last drug test they took it from his arm pit.

13. rei

rei
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Was the piss yellow?
    If you're water-loading and piss diluted liquid, you'll probably be asked to retest with non-diluted urine.

Otherwise, you should be fine if it's a urine sample.

14. katokoch

katokoch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It's a small company and is an entry-level sales position, so I doubt they'll require a hair sample. I've been drinking a fair deal of water recently but that's because it is hotter than hell out. It wasn't bright piss-yellow, but definitely tinted. I've looked up info on the "dilution method" and it makes sense, so I think my best bet is to keep up my normal water intake and test myself one more time before the real test just in case.

Are hair samples becoming more common?

15. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yes.

16. lust4life

lust4life
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Hair test is more accurate and more expensive, but employers are realizing it's worth it if it saves them the cost of an addict employee down the road (not that all users are addicts). Sensitive government or government-contracted jobs usually require a hair test (e.g., Lockheed-Martin conducts random hair tests on employees working on any government project).

Urinalysis has 2 common methods. The first, and cheapest, is a simple immunoassay test (what you did at home--check the sensitivity level. It's probably 50ng/ml). If that yields a positive result, the sample is then retested using a mass spectrometry test which tests at a higher degree of sensitivity (15ng/ml), but it's also more expensive.

The big factor though is how much you used and for how long. Urinalyses primarily detect use within the past week, but if you're use has been heavy and prolonged, odds go up for testing positive. Since you cleared the home test, you should be fine if you abstain until after the test, assuming it's an immunoassay.

17. stoklos

stoklos
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

I smoked pot once (a shared joint between 3 of us) in the last 10 years a few months ago and piss tested positive 30 days later. Seriously. I was quite surprised as the test itself said it was meant to detect between 3 and 10 days and I had completely forgotten about it by testing time. After some research, depending on how much and how often, it can stay in your system for as long as 60 days. Apparently dilution doesn't work as THC stores itself in fat cells. The doctor did mention it was a very sensitive test and that it would most likely not show up on the test done at the lab.

I know nothing about this shit so don't take what I say, but apparently it is possible as I proved. I am also the unluckiest person on the face of the earth so there's that...

18. Natty

Natty
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Another huge factor is your BMI. If you're a fatty, you'll retain the THC longer.

19. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Since all anyone asks about in this thread is about passing drug tests, I came across a textbook that has a bit more in-depth information on the kind of tests that are used to detect illicit drug use.

<a class="postlink" href="http://books.google.ca/books?id=AUSIRcV_as0C&printsec=frontcover&dq=basic+skills+in+interpreting+laboratory+data&hl=en&ei=gPI5TuaYHM620AG5-8m-Aw&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CCkQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q&f=false" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://books.google.ca/books?id=AUSIRcV ... &q&f=false</a>

There's a chapter available on illicit drug tests. Apparently advil and aleve will trigger false positives for marijuana use. Who'd have thought?

20. Jay-Bird

Jay-Bird
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

For all of those worried about your piss test, go to your local smoke/head shop and ask to purchase synthetic urine. $20-$35 I've done it 2x and a room mate has done it 1x. As far as I know, most drug testing facilities doing re-employment drug screening do not watch your wiener when you pee. I just taped the little bottle to my boxers under my nuts.

If you have a hair follicle test, the only thing I have heard of working would be what people call the "Macujo method". Some people have said a few of the steps are nonsensical, and have modified the process. Google it. (Chances of success: It's better than doing nothing). It apparently does not work for anything other than THC.