Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Swing batta batta batta KENNEDY KENNEDY KENNEDY SWING BATTA

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kubla Kahn, Aug 9, 2010.

1. Elset

Elset
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Back when I played baseball in high school we used a broom stick cut to length and wiffle golf balls. That helps quite a bit with coordination. May be getting too serious or too much of a hassle for a softball league though.

Just get someone to pitch to you before the game starts for a little bit. Assuming you are at least a little bit athletic you should figure it out pretty quick.

alt: I'm hoping to play in the men's wood bat baseball league in my city again this fall. I played in the fall of '08, but for some reason that was the only season I played. I miss it every day.

2. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Our strikeout rule: you wear pink 80's style panties over your shorts and a pink construction helmet that says "I AM A SWISH BITCH" on the front for the duration of the following inning, both pitching and hitting. You also have to coach third base you you aren't hiding on the bench. You have to ADVERTISE that you fucked up to the 15 other games playing at the massive complex.

In other words, if you strike out in softball you are worse than Hitler. DON'T DO IT.

3. Prefontaine

Prefontaine
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMfqbR8Ujlk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMfqbR8Ujlk</a>

4. Gator

Gator
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Embrace your inner lesbian.

Being a guy, I don't really know anything about softball, but from watching it on TV, it looks like being a hardcore rug muncher could only help your play.

5. bigtom0404

bigtom0404
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Quick note, if you end up in the outfield and you have as little experience as you say, your first step should almost always be backwards not forwards. The number 1 mistake rookies make playing the outfield is judging a fly ball thinking you need to run forward and then all of a sudden you realize its gonna go over your head and you cant recover in time to run back and catch it. The simple solution is take a step or take backwards while trying to judge it. It is much much much easier to run forward to make a catch then to turn and run backwards. This obviously is ignored when the ball is obviously going to land in front of you and but hind the infielders. The other thing, learn the rules, the league I play in, you start with a 1-1 count but also if you have two strikes and hit a foul ball you are out. Also, there is an "invisible" wall that marks out of play so not all foul balls can be caught for an out. Other then that learn that runners most likely can advance on a caught foul ball, and learn smart base running for the off chance you actually get on base.

6. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

[​IMG]

Really? I will say this much, if she is I'd consider switching sides for a night, or two.

I played 1st base and I sucked at the position but was a designated hitter. I found it boring and slow compared to volleyball and basketball so I quit.

I really quit because I sucked so bad. Whatever.