Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

ST PATRICKS YYYYEEEEEHHAAAAAAAA WDT 3/16/11!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by cynismus, Mar 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moose

Moose
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Re: ST PATRICKS YYYYEEEEEHHAAAAAAAA

Oh, and it ain't Irish, but I gotta give a shout out to my hometown brewery. Spending the night with this delicious (read: mediocre but we love it anyway) brew. Brewed locally and only $15 a case? I'll take it!

Attached Files:

• UC.jpg
      UC.jpg
      File size:
      7.2 KB
      Views:
  2. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm leaving for Vegas tomorrow. I'm going to be playing in a mens league hockey tournament, and it happens to be an awesome coincidence that it starts tomorrow. I've never experienced St. Pats in Vegas but I'm hoping its a shit show and I'm hoping my whole team gets in the spirit of the holiday. We have a game tomorrow night at 11:00pm and I'm thinking there are going to be some who are so hammered they can't skate.

3. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Happy St. Pat's.

Unfortunetly I'm saving my drinking skills for the weekend. Seriously, can they just make this fucking day a holiday already? Everybody wants that. Goddamit it's a frustrating tease having to work on this day, but even more so that tomorrow is ANOTHER week day. Maybe they should make it like Easter so it's always on the weekend. If the "celebration" of Jesus' painful torture and horrible death can be dubious, why can't St. Paddy's?

[​IMG]

4. Queen-Bee

Queen-Bee
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm a redhead Irish (enough) girl with green (ish) eyes. I will NOT be wearing green. The first motherfucker that pinches me for that will get a punch in their solar plexis for being a fuckwad. Spread the word. Only the wanna-bees have to proclaim their pretend Irish by the colour of their clothing. I will probably accumulate green accessories throughout the day/evening, which is perfectably acceptable, however green beer is grounds for losing my Irish card.

But by all means, enjoy everyone!

5. Noland

Noland
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm pretty sure I am the only American with not one drop of filthy Irish blood. Call me when Bastille Day becomes an occasion for drinking or whatever holiday Germans celebrate with beer.

6. Blue Dog

Blue Dog
    Expand Collapse
    Absentee Mod

Edited to cover the entire weekend. So... Yay!

Am I the only one that when they try to think of something in a Irish accent, it keeps coming out as Pirate-ish?

"Arrrrrrrrrrrr Get me another pint arrrr!"

I'm an idiot, I guess.

Funny thing is, I'm going to be one of the few sober people tonight, as I have an all-day head doctor appointment tomorrow that I don't think would be good to show up hungover for. Then I promised to watch my nephews tomorrow evening for my brother who is coming into town so that his wife can go to my baby shower this Sunday.

At least I have permission to get absolutely wasted while those shenanigans go on... I think. I'm gonna do it, but its always good to have permission, you know?

7. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

I completely forgot it was St Pattys today. I guess I need to shape up and celebrate accordingly, my mom always emails me her family crest with a limerick on this day as shes 100% Irish.

Oh and go UConn tonight.

8. Frank

Frank
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm 99% sure that bow tie is covering up a baseball sized Adam's apple.

9. DrFrylock

DrFrylock
    Expand Collapse
    The White

Million dollar idea:

Somebody should make a TV show called "Reward." It's a police procedural sort of show like CSI or NCIS, with an ensemble cast. The twist is that the team isn't police or anything, they're sort of a firm of detectives who makes a living traveling around and collecting the rewards on various open cases - finding missing persons, discovering who murdered someone, etc.

10. Frank

Frank
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

As far as bastardized Irish drinking songs go, I don't think that it gets any better than The Night That Paddy Murphy Died.

#30 Frank, Mar 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  11. AbsentMindedProf

AbsentMindedProf
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I love St. Paddy's Day, it's the perfect excuse to annoy my friends by insisting we listen to nothing but Irish folk music. Also, beer with breakfast.

#31 AbsentMindedProf, Mar 17, 2011
  12. DrFrylock

DrFrylock
    Expand Collapse
    The White

After getting like 10 hours sleep total this week I finally passed out last night only to have a vivid dream. I was staying in a house in a suburb somewhere and it was about 6 or 6:30 in the evening and I was feeling totally relaxed when this huge limo pulls up in front. I mean huge - like 40 feet long. All kinds of people gather around to see who it is, and the door pops open and Barack Obama pops out with Michelle. They go around saying hi to everybody, and finally walk across the street to sort of a large, very nice meeting hall. Kind of modern New England-style design, except with large glass windows along both sides. He gets up to give a speech about how he wants to exhaust negotiations with Libya before considering military action.

He's just about to announce his detailed plan when I wake up and realize I will never get to hear it.

13. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The Germans do have such an occasion to celebrate with beer. It is called "every day", and everyone is invited.

14. Frank

Frank
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Even the Jews?

15. Wadget

Wadget
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

OHHH NO HE DI'INT!!!!

16. JPrue

JPrue
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Instead of wading through the swarms of green fucktards at the local Irish Pub tonight, I'm heading up to icefishing camp to play poker and drink until nearly dawn, get an hour of sleep and then fish and drink beer all day. Rinse and repeat Saturday, and then return Sunday to a batch of freshly brewed IPA.

I'm looking for a handle of vodka to bring with me. I want to get something nice to share, but I don't have much experience with the upper echelon. What would you recommend? Ketel one? Russian Standard? Ciroc?

17. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

#37 Misanthropic, Mar 17, 2011
  18. CharlesJohnson

CharlesJohnson
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It's cliche, but I fucking love this tune. Plus it makes me want to drink whiskey.

For breakfast I'm having a Guinness. Still need to nail down plans for tonight. Worst case scenario I go to the old man bar, where I fit in better than I do with people my own age.

Ladies, Erin Go Braghless.

Here. All Week. Veal.

#38 CharlesJohnson, Mar 17, 2011
  19. Sherwood

Sherwood
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I work in New York City on Fifth Ave. There are thousand of drunks outside preparing for a parade. I'm 9 floors up working in my little cubicle.

Well, not really working, apparently I'm hanging out here, but whatever.

20. Backroom

Backroom
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Ginger!

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.