Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Rant & Rave Thread

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Joel Raymond, Oct 19, 2009.

1. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

rave: new screensaver on pc #2 (because #1 is a pic of my since passed german shepard wearing a packers jersey, and that shit isn't going anywhere):
    [​IMG]
    i like the one kneeling with tattoos.

2. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

rave: my new pellet gun is awesome.

rant: these buzzards sure do make a lot of damn noise.

rave: at least they're landing at my two 70 old lesbian cunt neighbors' house. i wonder what they could possible be searching for that might be hidden underneath that porch? better call animal control just to make sure. it's starting to smell around here and those birds are causing quite the disturbance.

3. Flat_Rate

Flat_Rate
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

rave: signed background check papers for the promotion i want, looking like i got it locked up.

4. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

rave my 13 year old dog chased a rabbit today, and apparently quite intently. this is a rave because he's been exceptionally lethargic lately. its also a rave because my parents adopted another senior dog about a month ago and it seems like its really working out well. a few months ago, the 13 year old couldn't be bothered to come downstairs for dinner, now he's running down the stairs when my dad gets home. quite the change.

5. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

rave: stopped off at home depot on the way home from work today, and it turns out they were having some sort of manager's special. i ended up leaving with a 12" double-bevel mitre saw with stand, 10" portable table saw and stand, compressor with multiple nail guns, a power hand planer, and a bunch of other shit for under half price. was planning on building up a new shop next week anyway, so this was like christmas come early. with the cash i saved i have now firmly justified the purchase of a festool domino and a nice jointer to go with everything. this weekend i get down to building furniture for my place. yeeehaw!

6. katokoch

katokoch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

rant: something under my back porch smells dead, and neither me nor my dog have killed anything here (to my knowledge). i have no idea what it is and its getting worse. what the hell.

7. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

rant: the office eater.

does every office have one of these people? you know the one that hits the kitchen before her ass even touches her desk chair.

normal day:

10am arrive
    10:00:01 beeline for kitchen
    10:01 stands in the doorway of my office sucking down whatever she has found, all the while talking, mouth open and sometimes i get the added bonus of her actually spitting food since she can't stop shoveling it in long enough to hold a conversation.
    10:30-45ish it's muffin time! snorks down an entire costco muffin. do you know how big those things are??!!!
    11:30 lunchtiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiime!!!
    11:50 this is after lunch forage time. she is normally "looking for something sweet after lunch. ya know?"
    2pm this is where we get to hear about what's for dinner. let me tell ya, some of the shit she talks about sounds so disgusting. example, smothering a head of cauliflower in mayo and roasting it in the oven, smoosh it all up with cream, butter and viola! you just took a veggie and tainted it all up to your liking. so gross.
    3pm work day over

8. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

rant: my grandmother died just a little while ago, but a little rave: because it was time. she was really old and her quality of life was not good.

definitely rant: i am of course sad, and will miss her. but, the shitstorm of estate bickering and greediness that is about to happen among my cousins, aunts and uncles is going to be awful.

9. JoeCanada

JoeCanada
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

rave: turns out everyone's cool. actor was apparently super high from a weed cookie and send out odd messages to a few people, now claiming he has no idea what he was talking about. still strange; i know exactly what it's like to be high on weed cookies, and it doesn't make you imagine that someone said something offensive to you a day earlier.

actors are weird.

10. Chellie

Chellie
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

rant: i am getting very fucking tired of kongos yelling 'whoa come with me now' at me. come to think of it, i'm getting sick of this whole new trend that mumford and fucknuts or whoever it was started.

11. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

rant: people who refer to their pets as "fur babies."

12. numeric

numeric
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

rave: the minnesota state fair.

rant: kiwanis: soft-serve in a cup is not a goddamn chocolate malt.

13. silway

silway
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

rave: landed in new orleans

14. Flat_Rate

Flat_Rate
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

rant/rave: it's a boy, bail money fund is accepting donations.

15. fleafly

fleafly
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

rant: fuck you cancer.....

rave: i'm glad i got to know you carol

16. bebop007

bebop007
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

rave you know what's a fun way to spend a weekend? being the sexual plaything of a super cute mega nerdy brunette gal.

and what transpired after a fun night/morning/partial afternoon of sexual escapades? she made a kickass breakfast (breakfast ish, it having been early afternoon and all) and we watched hayao miyazaki movies.

this one could be a keeper, folks.

17. Bundy Bear

Bundy Bear
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

rave: just got home from darwin and thank fuck for that. what an abortion of an exercise that was, a root in a brothel could not have been organised with a fist full of fifties.

rave: only have one day at work before i'm on leave for two with a wedding in brisbane and another one in new zealand.

18. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    my aunt passed peacefully in her sleep thursday morning at about 3:30

19. gamecocks

gamecocks
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

rave:the glorious feeling when everything clicks at a new job.

20. sisterkathlouise

sisterkathlouise
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

rave: parents gave me a new laptop for my birthday! all of the websites are going to work again!!! i can open .docx files!! so much functionality!

weird: i've gotten to a place in my life where i feel weird about accepting extravagant gifts from my parents. also, after 7 1/2 glorious years together, it will be a little sad to say goodbye to my old laptop. did not realize i had maintained such a sentimental attachment to a barely functional piece of obsolete technology.