Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Rant & Rave Thread

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Joel Raymond, Oct 19, 2009.

1. caseykasem

caseykasem
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave Back on the board after a long absence.

Rant: Too the bar exam yesterday and I never want to do that again.

Rave: Moving to Chicago in a few weeks. I can't wait.

2. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: My very close friend's brother was killed yesterday by mortar fire from Gaza.

3. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

I saw something on facebook today that I have got to rant about.

Chick who worked with el husband in Hawaii as a contractor (claimed to love Hawaii and view it as home, yatta yatta) was a single mom with a 9 year old kid and a doberman that she bought as a puppy and had for less than a year before she moved to fucking Dubai (?) to work. She gave away her kid and dog. Her kid lives in Boston now, a place she's never even visited, with the chick's parents and I have no idea where the dog is. Fast forward to today, she is posting a ton of pictures of her new life in Dubai. Spending time making cookies with her new boyfriend's young daughter. Adopting a grown German Shepherd from a shelter and bragging about how cheap it was. I am sure that when she moves away in the next couple years, the dog will be rehomed. Again. I don't know why I am so enraged over something that has so little to do with my life.

4. mekka

mekka
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rave: I just got my first ever promotion in my career job, and it was a big one. I've been promoted in other jobs, but this is the first one I've received with the company I work for now and plan to work for for a very long time. 40% raise minimum (the offer hasn't officially come through but I've been told what to expect), and it's to a position that will fast-track me to better jobs in short order. Fuck yeah.

?: I am being transferred across the country. I'm an adventurous, social person and I have friends in the city I'll be moving to, but I can't help but be nervous anyway.

5. BakedBean

BakedBean
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rave: Got a nice little chunk of change back from Capital One for making a payment on my Malibu just before trading it in about 6 weeks ago - and right when I could really use the money.

Also, beer. Always a rave when it's beer.

6. iamduffy

iamduffy
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

RANT: It really fucking sucks when friends die. R.I.P. Tell

7. Vorticon

Vorticon
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rave (hopefully) Finally getting laser eye surgery tomorrow. Hopefully this doesn't end up being a rant.

8. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant- The last project director hold over from my company's old ownership put her two weeks in yesterday. She's the first one of probably half a dozen that didn't just walk out, she actually stuck it out until she got a new job. Im bummed. She was one of the only reasons the job was as tolerable as the place could be.

Im also super stressed as Ill be asking for her position. On the one hand it'd be a promotion to a non-dead end position and I could learn the ins and outs of project management which could be applicable on endless job prospects compared to my current title. On the other hand it means I'd have to work in close concert with the owners more than ever, which is why so many people have left in the first place. It's not a prospect that gives me much motivation. Plus Im positive the owner is against promoting from within almost entirely for this position. She's hired 3 fresh faced college grad temps and took on a non paid college intern for the spots this summer to make the company 'young, hip, and up and coming' while getting to pay them basically minimum wage (or less since they have to cover their own taxes and contributions). It's been nice to have a string of early 20's hotties from this but doesn't bode well for my prospects. I also think she hires these outside temps so she can mold them to her will as she is always deriding how the "old company" functioned and we have to move on from that.

Ill make my pitch though and give it a go. If they refuses Im thinking of just putting in my two weeks. We'll see how it goes. I really have to start making some moves in my life as far as a career and the life I want for myself.

9. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Rant: I want to know how I am getting debt collectors calling my personal cell number for the dude who lived at this residence before me.

Rant #2: Comcast customer service fucking sucks. Had some erroneous charges taken off our bill last month after a lengthy 45 minute phone call and guess what? They carried over onto this month's bill!

10. Kojak

Kojak
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Rant: In a foreign country and sick. Lost 16lbs in one day. Can barely walk. Emergency doesn't speak English well. But they did feed me great painkillers intravenously. Doesn't look like they'll be letting me leave the country until they figure out what's up. Already done lots of tests. Don't know what's next. Three days since I've been able to walk. Can't eat, can't drink, and worst of all, can't sleep. Been 3 days since I've slept. First time I can jump on my phone in 3 days. Just want this to be over.

11. katokoch

katokoch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Fuck Comcast. Here ya go...
    [​IMG]
    Rant/Rave: My roommates wanted cable TV and Comcast just missed not one, but two appointments we set in the past month to have our cable and internet set up at my apartment. When we called, they acted as if the appointments never existed to begin with. This means we're skipping cable now (fine by me) and going with a local internet provider, which will save a shitton of money too.

Rave: My left hand is nearly completely healed after breaking it in June. Feels great. Now I can get to work on building a new workspace into my basement with a bench, pegboard and shelves on the walls, etc.

Rant: Stupid software at work screwing shit up. Marketing Princess hasn't been much help, as it seems her main job for today is blathering on to her intern about all this pregnancy weight she's gained rather than lift a finger to help me. I spent the past two months organizing my sales stuff to work with this system and so far it was all for nothing.

Rave: My sister is doing well now after her miscarriage, and my other sister is getting married this weekend.

12. Omegaham

Omegaham
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: After a meeting with my boss where she told me how well I was doing, I fucked up the next two samples I was assigned. Awesome work, jackass. She's going to be fucking pissed after she sees my handiwork.

13. Angel_1756

Angel_1756
    Expand Collapse
    The Big Four-Oh

Rave: The flood that hit our office is expected to have me working from home for the next two weeks. This is fucking brilliant. Pants off dance off, fuckers.

14. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Walking on sunshine

Rave: Finally. First run since injury. I'm back, baby! Just three miles, but I felt good. Old, but not dead yet.

Rave: Opened a new bag of Gummy bears - first two handfulls, no clears! #winning

15. jordan_paul

jordan_paul
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

RAVE: She said yes.

16. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave Had a great week in San Diego visiting my family and really enjoying the local craft beer scene. Despite what anyone says, SD has the best beer scene in the country, it shouldn't even be a conversation really.

Rant Going back to Denver, going back to all the problems I effectively drank away.

17. JoeCanada

JoeCanada
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: I just started working on a film that's shooting for the next few weeks. Everyone on set kept calling this one guy "Obi-Wan," and I just figured it was a nickname, but then I saw the call sheet had him listed as Obi Wan Baggins...

It turns out that about ten years ago he legally changed his name to Obi-Wan Lucifer Starfleet Baggins. I've cracked up into full on belly laughs about a dozen times today since I learned that.

He's about 40, really nice guy, seems very sincere when you talk to him. He has kind of a zen aura about him. If he started a cult I would join it.

18. Cult

Cult
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: So as far as I know the doctors have basically given up on whatever they thought was wrong with me and I'm even more confused than when this whole process stayed 6 months ago. They have avoided my calls and e-mails for a month without any explanation. I've even tried showing up in person trying to get any answers but I just get told I can't be seen for weeks. Fuck it.

Rant: Haven't been to the gym in months. I just have no motivation anymore. For that matter I haven't done anything but work and drink in months. Zero energy from nonstop 12 hour days.

Rant: Somehow my dad caught wind of my medical shit (I have no clue how, I haven't talked to anyone back "home" pretty much since this started) and has been using it to try and manipulate me into talking to him. Fuck that guy. Dude thinks some fake sympathy is gonna get him into heaven now that he got all religious.

Rant: I have no idea what I'm gonna do with my life when I get out of the military. I get zero satisfaction from this job whereas I used to love it. I hate the military life style but I have no other skills and so far I've bombed every college class I've tried to take in the last year. I can't even bring myself to sign up for another it's so bad. I'm fucking sick of Germany. If I didn't know better I'd say I was homesick but there's nothing for me back in the states. Guess I got two years to figure this shit out.

Rant: Life sucks right now

19. Now Slappy

Now Slappy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RAVE: Headed to Boston next week. I haven't been up there since the World Series last year. I promised my oldest daughter when she hit 10 I'd take her to a game at Fenway Park. (Too bad they suck this year...and they just had a fire sale and I can only recognize like two people left on their roster…but I digress.) Well, the trip went from a three day jaunt for just me and daughter #1 to a full blown week long family outing. Should be fun and I'd like to take a trip down to my old stomping grounds on the Cape but I don't know if I want to fight that traffic this time of year.

RAVE #2: A good friend of ours has an uncle who was a Boston cop for 37 years and his duty was working Fenway. When he retired from the force the Red Sox hired him as a club house guy and he happens to be working the game we're attending. Our friend called him and we're getting hooked up with a "you'd never see this shit if you were a random idiot" tour of the park and meet some of the players. They are both hardcore Pedroia fans so it would bee great for them to meet him. So cool. However, I had to explain to my daughters that they are really lucky little shits, because it's taken daddy 42 years to get hook ups like this.

TL;DR: Going on vacation and we should be having so much fucking fun we'll be whistling zippity do da out our fucking assholes.

20. Vorticon

Vorticon
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Fucking Rave.

After most of a day and a half pacing around in darkened rooms listening to podcasts while my eyes dripped painfully, I can now look at screens for more than half a second at a time and am functioning properly other than some blurriness that is slowly clearing up. I can already tell this will be awesome. Thanks for the reps from people telling me they got it done and it turned out fine, it all helped. Noland - I didn't see yours until today, but I'm intrigued in the story now that it's all turned out ok.