Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

New Radio Show Starring Philalawyer, Donika and Dr. Rob

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dr. Rob, Mar 6, 2010.

1. RedzPenguin

RedzPenguin
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

I really like all the guests you guys have had on so far and Donika is doing a great job with orchestrating the whole setup and getting good guests. Congrats to Dr. Rob on the book deal, hope it comes out soon and does well. I'm also happy that there seems to be more equity(?) in the amount of contributing from everyone, nice to hear more from Donika and Rob. Great job again guys

2. Donika

Donika
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Did I say that? Take it to mean that I envy your youth and optimism. Mostly.

3. Donika

Donika
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

For those who have already downloaded, I apologize about the weirdo, death-march drums at the beginning. That has been fixed.

4. Donika

Donika
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

5. T W

T W
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

I thought the show was only once a week?

That "psychic" reading of Rob was pretty uncomfortable to listen to, "I'm sensing a strong male figure in your life, possibly a strong European bloodline", yada yada. Then she moves away with that and into strong female influence in his life as well." Talk about going out on a limb there, Johanna Edwards! It also aggravates me that when she was lightly prodded as to why she doesn't use this to predict the stock market (as she said she does for others) she insists that she wouldn't use her gift to help herself as it goes against the spirit of it all. My BS meter was tacking out at that point and I just had to laugh so I didn't scream obscenities at my computer like some weirdo [although I definitely agreed that you can't just blatantly call the lady out, effectively ending the guest in 3 minutes].

Really liking what you guys have done so far though. Not perfect of course, but I like the randomness of the subject matter, the insight, and it's fun to see you guys get slightly more comfortable and improve week to week.

6. Donika

Donika
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

We record them, edit them, and release them a week later.

I cut that interview down a lot. It got tedious after a while. There are some weird and funny parts with her and PJ that I might release as a short or for promotions.

We have such a long way to go, but improvements are on the horizon. Thanks so much for your encouragement.

7. Dr. Rob

Dr. Rob
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Thanks so much. We need to continue to improve but I'm glad you're feeling the potential.

8. BL1Y

BL1Y
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I hope you find someone better than that drunk asshole you had a couple weeks ago.

9. Donika

Donika
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

No, unfortunately he was feeling especially yappy this week, too.

New shizz here. Enjoy!

10. shauncorleone

shauncorleone
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Might I suggest including the iTunes podcast RSS link when you guys update Dr. Rob & PhilaLawyer's sites? It didn't take me but a minute to find it, but I know how much I appreciate the automatic updates via iTunes.

11. BL1Y

BL1Y
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The new show is really good.

Like PJ I couldn't stand doing time sheets, or basically anything I consider a chore. Time sheets, paying bills, washing dishes, pumping gas. Basically, if it's a chore I wait until it absolutely has to be done. The only chore I do with any bit of enthusiasm is the laundry.

And wow, right as I finished typing that, PJ said I would probably echo what he said. Kinda creepy. Get out of my head!

12. Donika

Donika
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Our guest this week had a very unusual career change. He claims he simply became a writer; we think there's more to it than that.

PS-- I'm working on the iTunes thing.

13. Bread Mustache

Bread Mustache
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Yo, are you guys doing any more of these? I look forward to them every week and then cry myself to sleep when a new one doesn't come out.

14. BL1Y

BL1Y
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Ditto. In the meantime, make sure you're all caught up on AC Radio with Dr. Rob and Ben Corman <a class="postlink" href="http://attentioncrash.net/category/radio/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://attentioncrash.net/category/radio/</a>

15. Corman

Corman
    Expand Collapse
    Lurker

Just wanted to say thanks to BL1Y for pimping the show. For those of you who don't know, Dr. Rob and I are also doing a podcast and, while I'm certainly biased, I think it's going pretty well. You guys might be interested in Episode 3, where Chater was nice enough to talk to us about what it takes to run this place, and in Episode 7 where Tyler Knight talked to Dr. Rob and I for an hour. I'm an idiot because I wanted people to submit questions for Tyler that we would then ask and I went through all this bullshit to run an adwords campaign and totally spaced coming by this place and getting your questions. Chater pointed that out like two days after the interview. Tyler is a great interview though and we're going to have him on the show again in a couple of months. This time (with Chater's blessing) I'll run a thread the week prior so you guys can submit questions.

Anyway, I hope you'll all forgive me derailing this thread slightly.

16. Donika

Donika
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Ew. (Kidding.)

Yes, there are more coming out. I have a few in the can, but July has been crazy for everyone. Look for new episodes weekly starting tonight. Our last guest was a lot of fun.

PS-- Any luck with iTunes? I can't directly control it, but our service has assured me it should be working.

17. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Is this dead? There hasn't been an update since June 26th. Is Rob holding everything for being busy with his book? What's the deal. Is the fact it isn't a sticky killing this?

I better not be screwed over for bringing up and old topic, since this really doesn't count as a topic.