Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

March Madness 2015

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by Juice, Mar 17, 2015.

1. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Anyone have any interest in doing a TiB bracket league?

2. Puffman

Puffman
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I have not followed D1 college basketball at all this year, but every contest needs someone to finish last. If you start a TIB bracket, I will participate.

3. Flat_Rate

Flat_Rate
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I am in.

4. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This is what I get for having Villanova in the finals. There goes my bracket.

5. zyron

zyron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I wouldn't trust any team in the "New" Big East. All the teams that had been a force in the Big East in the last 20 years are in other conferences.

6. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Georgetown? Nova went to a FF 5 years ago. Marquette had some coaching turnover and issues but had won the conference two years in a row (thanks Cuse!) and went to 3 straight sweet 16s. It was statistically the second strongest conference this year. It sucked to lose Cuse, Pitt, Louisville, and Uconn, but rumors of the conferences demise are greatly exaggerated.

Nova was a classic jumpshooting team. Those teams always are susceptible to an off night.

7. zyron

zyron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

And all three of those teams combined postseason doesn't match Syracuse in the last 20 years, before we get to Louisville or even have to bring up UConn (Pitt always chokes in postseason). Providence hasn't won an NCAA game in 17 years and I can't remember the last time St. Johns won one.

8. Flat_Rate

Flat_Rate
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Kansas can suck my nuts.

Duke wins.

There I said it.

Bring the hate you fuckers.

9. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Villanova looked great all year. The big east isn't the definitive best conference they were a few years ago, but even with all the teams they lost they sent over half to the tournament, and are probably one of the top 3 conferences. The East group is all over the place anyway. Who the fuck picked NC St to win that game and MSU over Virginia (arguably the strongest looking 2 seed going into the tourney)?

And who's a genius for picking Wichita St over Kansas' overseeded sorry ass? As someone who hates the jayhawks with a passion that game was so satisfying.

10. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

When Cuse was cheating the whole time? I get your point, but thats like saying you can't trust the ACC if Duke and Carolina left. The old Big East was the arguably the best basketball conference ever, nobody is arguing the current iteration is close to that.

Providence got screwed playing a road game against an 11 seed.