Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

It's my DREAM house!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rob4Broncos, Nov 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rob4Broncos

Rob4Broncos
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

A group I was linked to on Facebook: If 1m people join, girlfriend will let me turn our house into a pirate ship

"I've always wanted to be a pirate, and the onlyway I can truely do this is to live aboard a pirate ship, as I am tied into a house and a mortgage with this house, and I dont live anywhere near the sea, the only thing I can do is to turn my house into a massive pirate ship.

I already have enough money to buy some wooden slats from B&Q, I just need to get my girlfriend to agree to remortgage the house so that I can afford decking, and masts, and eventually sails.

If 1 million people joined this group it would help her understand that this isnt such a bad idea, and lots of people would do it as well, and it would help my dream come true."

Focus: if you could remodel your house into anything, what would it be, and why? A spaceship? A giant treehouse? Your backyard turned into Wrigley Field, built to scale? Assume your resources are virtually limitless.

2. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I always wanted a castle, with trap doors and hidden passageways.

And a moat.

3. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

4. breakylegg

breakylegg
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I would enjoy living in a Brady Bunch house replica. Or, if I were hemorrhaging cash I would have an architect build me a replica of the house filmed in The Party, a Peter Sellars movie about an East Indian actor mistakenly invited to an upscale Hollywood shindig. And just like in the movie, the whole house would fill up with suds at midnight.

5. effinshenanigans

effinshenanigans
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

There's a sweet looking house near Niagra on the Canadian side that has a large enough moat that the guy can land his sea plane in it.

-My dream house would have secret passages. One would lead from the back of my bedroom closet to my office. Another would lead from behind a bookcase (only moveable after a fingerprint scan) to an underground room attached to the foundation. That is where I'd store all of my guns and ammo. From there, you could walk down a tunnel and exit through the backyard tool shed.

-Every room would have surround sound and a flat screen, even the bathrooms.

-My kitchen would have a huge subzero refridgerator and freezer. It would also have a 6-top gas range, two wall-mounted ovens, and two dishwashers.

-My office door wouldn't be a door at all, it would be a controlled vapor vortex that you'd have to walk through. Once inside the office, you'd notice that the floor is a series of raised slabs of kentucky blue stone, separated roughly 3 inches from one another, with water running in between all of them. In the corner, a waterfall would be trickling down rocks and flowing into the floor.

-My chair in the family room would be connected to a system that, at the push of a button, sends a cold beer from a hidden fridgerator through a series of tubes and Rube Goldberg-esque contraptions right up underneath the armrest. This would play (starting at 1:26) as the beer was sent on its journey.

6. uzisuicide

uzisuicide
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

This. I want gun turrets and a working drawbridge, too.

For now, I'd be happy with appliances,* some new carpet in the spare bedroom, and a working garage door.**

*Ordered, but not in yet.

**Working on it, but don't have it fixed yet.

7. amyjrn23

amyjrn23
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

I want that secret passage way that Webster had behind the grandfather clock!

8. 6PPC

6PPC
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

I would love to have a very large single story house with the following features:

* 4 bedrooms with the master bedroom being massive (like 40' x 40') with a sitting area, jacuzzi, etc.
    * large office for me (30' x 30')
    * large den
    * large media room with killer video & sound system
    * great big kitchen with a Viking stove (I love to cook), large center island, breakfast nook, panty, wine cellar.
    * attached 40' x 40' metalworking shop with 3 phase power
    * attached 40 x 40 woodworking shop with 3 phase power
    * black bottom pool & spa in a lush, garden like setting

I've had all of these from one time or another, but not all of them in one single property. I've never had a 40 x 40 master though.

9. jordan_paul

jordan_paul
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Easily a farm of my own with atleast a 50x60 foot shop, 15 000 square feet of barn space, atleast 600 acres, 20kg worth of quota and minimum 10 mexicans to work the fields and milk my cows. The house wouldnt matter much to me with all of this.

10. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That old missile silo turned into a bachelor pad would be pretty fucking sweet. Not insanely out of the range of possibility either. Then fill the secret basement with as many guns as I could fill it with.

11. lust4life

lust4life
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

When we visited NYC this summer, we went to the Guggenheim and saw the Frank Lloyd Wright exhibit which showed a lot of the drawings and models for projects of his that never reached fruition. I'd take any one of those houses. An FLW original? Fuck yeah.

12. kuhjäger

kuhjäger
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My dream is a simple dream.

It is a two story house, perhaps in the suburbs. A white picket fence, a brick walkway. Painted shutters.

However there would be no stairs. There would be secret switches hidden throughout the house, which when pressed or pulled drop a ladder out of a hidden door in the ceiling, which will take me to the room above. There will be a ladder in each room below the rooms, however there will be no way to climb down the ladders.

Instead, hidden in a closet in the middle of the house there will be a fire pole to slide down as the only way out.

In addition there will be a panic room. Not for me though, but for crooks. They will fall though a trap door into a completely dark room, filled with infrared cameras, and speakers that will play horrible disturbing sounds.

The reason it will be a panic room is because I will watch them slowly go crazy and panic on the infrared cameras.

So a simple house really.

Oh, and dragons. Fuck yeah.

13. Pinkcup

Pinkcup
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Ditto for secret passages! All of them would go someplace cool (wine cellar, dungeon) and all of them would ideally creepy as hell. Cold, damp, spooky--perfect.

I'd also like one of those kick-ass showers where water comes from 9,000 directions. It would release scents, play music, have a TV involved somehow, and heated tile floors. I would overlook a LOT in a home if it had one of those showers. Like this one, but cooler:

[​IMG]

I wouldn't say no to a gun cellar like Charlton Heston's gun vault either:

[​IMG]

Oh yeah, and if all of that could be in a massive multi-tree tree house, that would fucking ROCK!

14. Rising Sun

Rising Sun
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Much in the same vein as this, the house itself wouldn't matter to me so much, as long as its ultra modern, has large rooms, and has a recording studio.

No, my main pride would be the property, specifically all 10 square miles of it. I probably wouldn't have farms or anything...I don't know the first thing about raising farm animals...but I would definitely have a regulation sized football field, a basketball court, a go-cart track, a huge ass pool, and a bitchin' paintball area. Just alot of land.

So basically I want to live like toytoy88.

15. LessTalk MoreStab

LessTalk MoreStab
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My home cinema room is 95% complete, just needs a little more decorating and getting dvd/blurays out of boxes. It's a dream realised.

(The beer fridge in the top right is now fully assembled & fully awesome)

Attached Files:

16. LessTalk MoreStab

LessTalk MoreStab
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Kitchen is also 95% complete. Just neet to build some shelving in the pantry for the microwave and toaster to get them out of the way.

Attached Files:

17. Sicnevol

Sicnevol
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

[​IMG]

This is the B-53 design from Tumbleweed. They design Micro and Mini homes. I want this with a full solar and water collection set up. Depending on where I settle I'd be ok with some of those urban turbines too. I pretty much want a tiny hippie home, minus the hippies.....

[​IMG]

18. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Graceland is marvelous. I want it.

It's so mesmerizingly tacky. The vain mirrors. The carpet on the ceiling. The jungle room. The T.V's Elvis used to shoot when he got sick of the channel. The gold/platinum/diamond record hallway. The amazing back lawn.

This is where plastic pink flamingos migrate to for the winter. How could you NOT love it?

19. konatown

konatown
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That would be a feature in any of my dream homes.
    And a huge garage. My dream home is about 2,000sqft of living space and a million of garage space.

#19 konatown, Nov 11, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  20. thatone

thatone
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

My dream house is a small, 2-3br weatherboard shitbox on a reasonably sized block of land

However, in the backyard, there needs to a shipping container. The container will have my tools, lawn mower etc - but it should also have a trap door on the floor, which leads downstairs to my own private underground konoba (Croatian term for restaurant/tavern) which has a grill, beer/wine/spirits, a place to sit and a television.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.