Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

iPad Disabled - Permanently - and iTunes Won't Restore, Find My iPhone Won't Erase

Discussion in 'Technical Board' started by Coquette, Nov 21, 2016.

1. Coquette

Coquette
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Headline says it all. My 5 year old somehow bypasses restrictions and upgrades to iOS10, and when asked for a new password, types in 6 fucking letters and/or numbers that have now permanently disabled the thing.

I've done every Mac trick that I know of (I've restarted it in "safe mode" and tried to restore from iTunes, I've tried to erase from Find My iPhone, but it's not online, so....). I've even powered up an old Toshiba just to see if it was an iOS10 thing, but no luck.

She has a Kindle, so she's not suffering nearly as much as I am; YouTube Kids was how I kept her quiet until the sedatives set in, and it ain't going on the Kindle. It's been backed up recently enough, so I'm fine with a clean restore. I've Googled the shit out of this, so if there's an easy fix, I haven't found it.

Fucking iOS10.

2. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

3. Coquette

Coquette
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

No, although I did contemplate it the first time I came across it. Opted out because after Recovery Mode, iCloud Reset, and hard reset + iTunes restore all failed, I was considering just giving up my Mini and bashing the damn thing in with a hammer. But I'll try it....

4. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Go to an Apple Store and have them reset it? Once they do you can just restore your backup.

5. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

You DO have a backup, don't you?

6. Coquette

Coquette
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

It's my daughter's, so it would be a blessing to start clean. As long as Netflix, YouTube Kids, Disney Movies, Amazon Video and the Barbie Makeup app find their way back, I'll get rid of 99% of the annoying shit she used to watch and play.

And the three thousand pictures of her eyeball? GONE.

(However, yes, I do have a backup.)

7. Coquette

Coquette
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Too lazy to Google - I'm guessing this isn't free. It's probably 2-3 years old,it's on it's third digitizer and 2nd LED board, and I didn't care much until her Kindle stopped holding a decent charge. (She knows the code on my Mini, so if things get desperate, there's always that...)