Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

IHTSBIH on Broadway

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Juice, Apr 30, 2013.

1. Jay-Bird

Jay-Bird
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

So... do you guys have any more logs of golden posts from the old board?

2. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Re-reading this, it came out more harsh than I intended. I certainly am not blaming past board members for the direction of the RMMB. That was dictated by Tucker. And I don't mean to blame those folks, or disparage them. My sole purpose in naming certain folks was to point out that their style and content of posting symbolized the trend of the RMMB away from humor.

3. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

I dot remember a lot of it? Hell I don't even remember my handle on the old board.

Can someone recap the RedHighHeels thing? What was the deal?

4. happyfunball

happyfunball
    Expand Collapse
    overly defenCive stuffed cougar

I had stopped going to RMMB probably around the time the movie stuff started happening. Basically for this reason. It got too serious and people were getting mean. And I was a member back to 2003 or 2004? I saw a commercial for the movie late one night on TLC and thought I'd visit and see how it was doing. The site was shut down with a note from Tucker and I thought, "well, must not be doing as well as he thought it would." I like this board better. People don't seem to be putting on a front or acting like they have something to prove.

5. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Juice:

RedHighHeels was a mid-twenties plaything for a married man who proudly played the Other Woman for half a decade while boasting the guy would eventually leave his wife for her. Everyone knew she was living in a fact-free bubble. She also said she had developed a cancerous mole, was convinced it would kill her, and demanded validation for both of those things. She never shut up, never stopped carrying on about it while at the same time constantly reminding the board she didn't care about attention at all.

6. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

FTFY

Wait, how did I get brought into this?

7. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse
    Call me Caitlyn. Got any cake?

He just can't keep you out of his mind.

8. Bob Trousers

Bob Trousers
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I liked Tucker when he was being funny, but couldn't stand how he protected himself via his mods and banning. If he could've held his hands up at times and said "Ok my bad" and laughed at himself like he did in his stories the guy would have been someone to root for. As it stands, at the end he threw his toys out of the pram and just fucked off. A shame, because I really wanted all his promises regarding his film and how it would change the industry to be true. I'd be quite happy if some time in the future after laying low he came back with something that lived up to that.

One of the best threads was the 'Reaper' call out. That was so unexpected and the resultant thread was painful to read at times, but fuck me was it fascinating. Surprised that he didn't do the same for Soylent.

9. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Fuck can someone go see this play already?

10. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Sorry I'm waiting for it to come out on DVD.

11. McSmallstuff

McSmallstuff
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Ill just read Slingblades review it will probably be funnier.

12. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It's been sold out since basically the second Tucker emailed about it. I went back and forth on whether it was worth the ticket price and the next time I looked, they were gone.

13. ssycko

ssycko
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah the tickets were like 20 bucks, I was gonna grab one and same thing happened. Maybe stubhub will turn up with something when I'm bored one night.

14. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

All of this just makes me miss the TMMB. I remember finding it and reading all the stories before even entering the board. Then frightened, I lurked for weeks on end until I finally got the nerve to join. That was December of 2001 (holy shit I've been around forever). It took another while for me to get the balls to post and when I did they were brutal but ya know what? I learned how to interact, I laughed my ass off countless times and appreciated the hours and hours of free entertainment and things I learned via that place.

I was banned for a week or so for my avatar being a naked chick at one point. I was on the receiving end of Tuckers anger a time or two. We all had our moments of getting the beat down from a mod or two at some point. Some, who’s name(s) I won't mention, even went so far as to start a campaign to "get" a specific mod because they'd been going round and round with said mod. All of which is ridiculous considering, what MANY seem to forget, IT WAS AN INTERNET MESSAGEBOARD FOR FUCK SAKE. Get over it.

All in all I miss it and although we are still here, this place is an entirely different animal.

EDIT: A REAL naked chick not a winking red cartoon one.

15. DannyMac

DannyMac
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I had a lot of great memories on the RMMB board, but I think I will say that I can summarize what it means to me in this.

Mike Gill and my post that spurred Mike to create Mike's Beginner Program has irrevocably changed my life for the positive and despite whatever warts occurred with that site at the end, I will always have that with me.

. . . and KungFuMike headbutting Cloud Starchaser.

16. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

This gets credit to Rob4Broncos, but it is a gift, I assure you. So click the link, see those retro colours pop up and squeal with delight:

http://web.archive.org/web/20071207032801/messageboard.tuckermax.com/showthread.php?t=18770

...this goes out to my "emotionally involved" homies. Today's new Idiot Board post: "I Eat Yellow Snow" by Kojack.

And check out this thread focus from Max:
    ...uh, feeling a little dark that day were we? Sheesh.

17. Noland

Noland
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

He wasn't feeling dark. He was feeling, "Look at me and see how dark I can be."

18. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

19. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

You can view the entire advice thread and some of the Idiot Board works. It's not perfect and it doesn't all work but it is a RMMB archive none the less and that's something.

20. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Man, all this WayBack Machine stuff, and nobody digs up the Boobie Thread? Weak.