Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

General Fantasy Football Advice Thread

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by D26, Aug 25, 2013.

1. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I couldn't say it any better than this!

2. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I received no such sophisticated negotiation tactics.

3. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Where did this jewish thing come from? All of your reps to me work the jews in somehow, and I have no idea where it started...?

4. mya

mya
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My league is a week late getting started because nobody could get their asses together. So now we are doing an autodraft to start tomorrow. I'll be on a plane when it is going on so won't be able to tend to this myself. Not the ideal situation obviously but I want to make the most of it. What position order should I have it set to go? Or should I totally throw caution to the wind and let it simply pick the next best available player for me regardless of position?

HELP.

5. ssycko

ssycko
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If you have a few favorite players, put them at the very top of the list and pray. Other than that, pray.

What you can do that might help is tell the autodraft to wait to pick a kicker and defense for the last rounds. They tend to pick them way too early when there's still good stuff on the board. I've never had to autodraft, so I'm not technically sure this is possible, but if you can it's worth a shot. Maybe just select all the defense/kickers and set them to lowest priority?

6. mya

mya
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Alright, this is a 10 person league and I am second in snake draft. FYI - I suspect everybody will autodraft and few will put much thought in.

I have set it up by specific positions rather than names for selection because that seems like the best option so please tell me if I am crazy....the computer will picked the "ranked" next best in each position

Round 1 - RB (obviously - I do probably have the choice to have my RB of choice other than Adrian Peterson if any suggestions)
    Round 2 - WR (because this will be total pick #18 and people will likely still be picking up RBs so maybe I'll get lucky enough to get one of the top ones)
    Round 3- RB
    Round 4 - WR
    Round 5 - QB
    Round 6 - QB or RB
    Round 7 - TE
    Round 8 - QB or WR
    Round 9 - TE
    Round 10 - WR
    Round 11 - K
    Round 12 - Def
    Round 13 & 14 - best avail

Specified following number of players for the following position
    RB & WR - min 4, max 5
    QB - min and max 2
    TE - min 1, max 3
    K and D - min 1 max 2

Ideas? I've not autodrafted before.

7. T W

T W
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Most importantly -- yahoo, ESPN, etc default rankings will not remove/downgrade certain players who are out of commission for a half year or more, so what you need to do is check out an injury list (quick google search) and take OUT the marquee players who are injured from being available on your que. I'm thinking about guys like Percy Harvin, Shane Vareen, Andre Brown, etc. I can't even fathom having to autodraft a league, but at least in that scenario you won't get guys who are going to rot on your bench or sent right back to the waiver wire by you after you're done throwing obscenities at your monitor post draft.

And I'd personally go Lesean McCoy #2. Even if Vick goes down, that offense is built for running and he's about as good as there is in the game at it.

8. ScottVanPelt

ScottVanPelt
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

You could even go RB/RB in your first two rounds and wait on WR. It's fairly deep after you get past the top 3-5 which will maybe/probably be gone by the time you get to your second pick.

Move your backup QB way the fuck down. In a ten person league chances are you aren't going to be starting anyone other than your #1 other than a bye or barring injury. Same goes for TE. In fact, you don't even NEED a backup TE. Take that shit off there entirely.

Move your K and D/ST to the last two rounds. Especially in an auto draft, who knows who you could snag in the late rounds that might be able to help you out.

I'd also probably agree at this point... McCoy at 2 is pretty solid. I drafted 2 in 2 different leagues and if I had my pick back now I'd go Shady in both of them. (I went Lynch in one and D. Martin in the PPR league)

Now a poll for my team. Standard scoring, no PPR. Pick 2: Decker@NYG, M. Austin@KC, J. Bell@ARI.

I also hate posting from my phone so if I fucked anything up I blame apple.

9. mya

mya
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Thanks for the suggestions, I thought that I had time to update this morning but apparently the entire draft occured while I was sleeping (at some time prior to 5am) so here is how I ended up. Im too tired to know how bad it sucks

QB - Matt Ryan, Cutler
    RB - Foster, Chris Johnson, Monty Ball, Fred Jackson
    WR - Brandon Marshal, Marques Colston, Steve Johnson, Kenny Britt
    TE - Kyle Rudolph, Greg Olson
    K - Gotskowski
    D/S/T - Patriots

I'll sort it out later.

10. mya

mya
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Quick thought....I despise Cutler, should I pick up Alex Smith for back up QB? It would be one little show of support for my hometown team

11. $100T2

$100T2
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I would pick up Smith because he and Cutler are basically the same statwise, and you can pick whichever one is going against the weaker defense.

On my team, I traded Amendola, BenJarvis Green-Ellis and Chandler Jones for Eddie Lacy, Brian Hartline and Demarcus Ware, so at least I shored up by RBs.

I'm debating if I should try to dump McFadden before he gets hurt, or assume because it's a contract year he's going to get a straw, suck it up, and actually be good. What's the collective opinion on that?

12. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I like Alex Smith as a backup. Matt Ryan is a pretty reliable fantasy QB so you'll likely only be playing your backup on a bye week or if they have a particularly favorable matchup.

I've got a few players I won't own regardless of point potential. It's ridiculous but hey, it's my team.

One of the guys in my league just dumped David Wilson for Brandon Jacobs. I submitted a waver for Wilson just to fuck with him later in the season when he realizes Wilson just had an off week.

13. ssycko

ssycko
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Me too. They're called "the Patriots."

14. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

4 WRs, three slots:
    Eric Decker
    Andre Roberts
    Tavon Austin
    Alshon Jeffery

15. gamecocks

gamecocks
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Re: Re: General Fantasy Football Advice Thread

Alshon will be an asset if you're in a keeper league. Him, Marshall and Cutler have real potential.

16. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Get rid of McFadden if you can fill a need in your team in exchange. I wouldn't just dump him for the sake of getting out from under a possible injury risk.

In my flex spot this week, I can start Jordy Nelson, Lamar Miller, Joique Bell or Julius Thomas. Right now I have Nelson in there because he's probably the most reliable pick for a few points. Any thoughts?

17. Ton80

Ton80
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Was just offered Dwayne Bowe for Jason Witten. I have Jordan Cameron, so I'm not worried about TE necessarily, but I can play a TE in the flex spot, and I feel like Witten is safer. This is a non PPR league, and my other receivers are Brandon Marshall, Jordy Nelson, Sidney Rice, Mike Williams, and Doug Baldwin.

Take it or turn it down?

18. Ton80

Ton80
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Double post: Flex play in a non-PPR league, standard scoring - Witten or Deangelo?

19. Hoosiermess

Hoosiermess
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I have zero faith in Deangelo and even with Stewart hurt Newton steals yards and TD's from him so I would lean towards Witten pretty heavily. That said, who knows? Deangelo had a good year a while back. Witten feels safer though.

20. p00g0blin

p00g0blin
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Debating on Flex (non ppr, standard scoring):

Vincent Jackson @ home vs Saints
    MJD @ Oakland
    Boldin @ Seattle

Opinions? Leaning towards Jackson.