Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Elephants and Jackasses...

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Nettdata, Oct 14, 2016.

1. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

D31FE023-0107-45A9-AE84-3377E129D0ED.jpeg

#12321 Crown Royal, Mar 16, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2020
  2. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Holy shit. I had to look that up and it’s real. I didn’t realize he was back on Twitter.

3. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

Damn this dude had some serious issues. I feel bad for anyone going through that, regardless of party.

4. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...038a16-6874-11ea-9923-57073adce27c_story.html

Can confirm this utter bullshit is causing issues with the response, among many other competing issues.

This administration is...breathtaking.

I'm looking at scenarios of 5.5 million corpses in 7 weeks, and this fuckboi is causing issues on this scale and with these stakes? Seriously?

I cannot see how anyone votes Republican again, especially after the economic toll becomes apparent.

5. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Some people are going to vote for Trump again regardless. It's a cult in some regards, blind party loyalty and just plain stupidity in others.

If Trump gets back in for another term, all y'all are fucked. Proper fucked.

6. AFHokie

AFHokie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Its not the party, its the idiot in the leadership position.

Both Ohio and Maryland's Republican governors have been highlighted as being extremely proactive and effectively leading their state's response.

7. kindalas

kindalas
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It is the party.

They could have tossed him out and chose not to.

8. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Are they speaking out against this idiot, or keeping their mouths shut about whatever he says/does, like they always do?

9. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This president is a friggin joke.

Reporter: "What do you say to Americans watching you right now who are scared?"

Trump: "I'd say you're a terrible reporter, that's what I'd say."

Then he proceeds to go on about "bad reporting" and "sensationalism".

For someone who is a self-declared "wartime" president, this was his "The only thing we have to fear..." moment and he blew it, instead, choosing to go on another tirade against the media.

10. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The only thing we have to fear... is being held responsible.

11. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

“Comcast, or as I like to call it concast”

I mean he wasn’t wrong?

12. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Any time he speaks anymore it’s like listening to a fucking headache. Not only are you guys stuck with him, you’re now TRAPPED with him.

13. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

yeah but his response to this is torpedoing his hopes for 2020. Only people who support him at this point are basically the extremists. Everyone else thinks he’s a fucking joke, if not downright terrifying. Including his “supporters”

14. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That’s because you can lie and spin your way out of a lot of things if you gave a loyal group of brainwashed rubes. An indiscriminate virus that knows no color or political party is a different animal. And his core group are the ones most likely to eat shit from it. And it’s his GOP senators that cashed in on stock knowing how bad this will become while telling the public everything is just fine.

15. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I will believe that when I see it.

He handles just about anything, especially this, with all the smoothness and precision of a state prison riot. People may not support him as much out loud but like most drug addicts they do it in secret, keeping it even from the ones they love. He’s not done until he is DONE and gone. And that’s when you get to raise the cup. In the meantime he is a fusion generator that produces shit sandwiches.

16. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Per an informal conversation with a friend at the CDC (who is FUCKING WORRIED), the reason the response is so ineffective and slow is "this administration is very sensitive to the economic impacts of sheltering in place and is letting states make their own decision". Red states are too chicken shit to erase the Trump bump, so they are literally letting Coronavirus spread.

I have no words. They are literally letting people die because the impending recession will ruin their election chances.

17. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

The flippant part of me says, "you reap what you sow", but it's just too fucked up for that.

THIS is why you have to vote for the right people who will do the right thing. I think it's going to be a very costly lesson that some, but not all, will learn... probably at the expense of someone you know.

18. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

No, it's not.

Forgive my confusion, but I'm kind of at a loss as to what exactly you guys are taking issue with. Is it the relief packages rolled out over the last week, and the third that will likely be signed in the next week that you take issue with? Are you not aware that these things happened? I really can't tell from your posts.

19. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I swear if this thing burns off without the astronomical numbers coming to pass he is going to have a real easy time painting the media as the hysterical panic drivers that they are. They have sensationalism down to a science to keep eyeballs attached to their tvs (there was a great scene in The Newsroom where they broke down a Nancy Grace segment). They had to call a voluntary moratorium of the 9/11 footage because it was wall to wall, even in the background as ghost images, for god sakes. Listen he certainly doesn't inspire much with his speeches and I wont try to defend his actions or that it's the right time to call out the media....But, today's news organizations are demented freaks of nature and he ain't wrong about them.

20. kindalas

kindalas
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

"An NPR/PBS NewsHour/Marist survey published Tuesday showed that more Americans disapprove of the way Trump is handling the coronavirus than those who approve, 49 percent to 44 percent, and few trust in the information they hear from the president about COVID-19.

The ABC News/Ipsos poll was conducted March 18-19, surveying 512 adults. Its margin of sampling error is plus or minus 5 percentage points."

It's now 55 to 43 but the poll from the day before said otherwise.

Basically nothing has changed the margins of error for both polls overlap.