Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Dexter Season 4

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by travis, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Kerbunked

Kerbunked
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I'm calling it right now, I think Deb kills Trinity.

That's all for now

2. Kerbunked

Kerbunked
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Wow, last night's episode was really good. Dexter getting more advice from Trinity, seeing yet another side of him (Trinity refuses to put down a deer that he hits with his van). The end was the biggest payoff though, sets up a lot of stuff for later in the season and the preview for next week's episode looks absolutely incredible.

I'm starting to like Quinn's "taking over for Doakes" role that they've given him. It's not the same as with Doakes, who always had the creeps from Dexter. This time around, it's because Dexter saw Quinn do something illegal and Quinn wants to dig up some dirt on Dexter so they are even. Dexter made a huge mistake this episode by bringing up the whole stolen money thing to try to muscle Quinn away because it only made Quinn want to know more. I'm interested in how this plays out.

3. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Dexter launching into a serial killer bio in the guise of a scary story was hilarious, even if I saw it coming a mile away.

4. Kerbunked

Kerbunked
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

....Born in a bathtub of blood, he raises his hammer over his intended victims and...Smashes his own hand! Everyone was fine!

Dexter was lucky that other dad was there to save the day or those kids would have been scarred for life.

5. Marjorine

Marjorine
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

I don't know if I want Dexter to kill Trinity anymore - the previews for next episode look great, do I hear a confession or two? They have such an interesting relationship now, deeper and creepier than Dexter and Miguel last season. And I loved the way this episode ended, though it was slightly predictable. There just was not enough evidence pointing to the photographer.

Quinn and Deb are going to hook up. For sure. After that foreshadowing during their talk about Angel and Maria ("two people work together long enough they're gonna fuck eventually"), I don't think there's a question, even if it might have been a subtle dig at her relationship with Lundy. Maybe that's how Christine will get her interview - a nice 3way with Quinn and Deb. Hah. Stranger things have happened.

Also, the writers need to just leave the Angel and Maria plotline alone. It is distracting and pointless. Those two are so much more interesting when they are in work mode. And it takes away potential Masuka screentime, and we all can agree Masuka is awesome.

6. Mike Ness

Mike Ness
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Dexter seems to be getting reckless. Sneaking off in the middle of the night to kill the photo. guy didn't seem very well thought out. At any time Cody could have woken up; he just seems to be taking more risks than normal.

As good as he is at manipulating people I'm suprised the route he took with Quinn (I love when he shows what a hard-ass he is and doesn't act like a lab geek) but he would have done better buy just making nice with. Talk about strippers or sports let him know he's ok with Quinn, now he's gotten Quinns attention.

Whoever pointed out the LaGuerta/ Angel situation was dead on. I had mentioned it before but now it is just painfull and worse of all pointless. It really has nothing to do with the plot of the show anymore.

Someone pointed out to me the amount of work Rita has had done, I didn't notice it is it true? I do miss her nude scenes.

7. Hogie

Hogie
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Who did Trinity make the casket for? I think he made it for himself.

8. WWSwagger

WWSwagger
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Just saw the episode, another one knocked out of the park. I really think this season is well on its way to being the best one so far.

Quick thought, I find it interesting that in the same episode that Dexter learns his 'hero/idol/mentor' is fallible (maybe not fallible, vulnerable? ie: the scene with the deer) we see Dexter making what is essentially his first major mistake.

And seriously...no more LaGuerta Angel storyline. Honestly, it's ridiculous.

9. erk33

erk33
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Was I the only one that thought that was just Trinity staying in character?

10. mastert

mastert
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

The funniest part of that episode was Dexter thinking to himself when trying to come up with activities for the kids:

"Hmmm, what did I enjoy doing when I was 12?......OK, moving on"

11. Frank n Beans

Frank n Beans
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

That's what we were thinking too. I think in the next episode we'll see him planning on it for himself, but then he finds out Dexter has killed and finds someone who is like him and doesn't decide to go through with it.

12. Mike Ness

Mike Ness
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

He seemed to be expressing extreme sorrow while building it, he also has remorse when killing his victims so maybe.

13. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I knew at some point in this series Dex would off a seemingly innocent person. I have a nagging feeling they might tie him in somehow with his assistant. Photographer disappears then the assistant blames everything on him only to go free and become Dexters next kill. Good episode.

14. WWSwagger

WWSwagger
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

On the contrary I thought it was very clear that that was him breaking character. Remember when Dexter picked up the vase with his sister's ashes? He rounded the corner smiling and immediately snapped this look on his face that was..well decidedly not the look of a deacon/father/pillar of the community. I had the same thought when I saw his face with the deer. I absolutely think that was a 'real' moment.

The casket really has me thrown..to me at least I don't see it fitting with anything else. My first thought was, he's onto Dexter and it's for him. I really don't think that's it though. Another part of his ritual that we don't know about?

I do know that this was one of my favorite episodes so far. Whenever Dexter and Lithgow have scenes together I get crazy excited. Loving this season.

15. IHaveCandyGetInVan

IHaveCandyGetInVan
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

So Trinity's sister, mother, and father all died in "accidents" over a period of ten years or whatever it was? That seems like a really improbable coincidence.

16. Pap

Pap
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

You do realize this is a TV show, and while it is improbable it is still possible.

After the first two or so episodes this seasons I was not impressed. These past 3 though have been awesome. Masuka hasn't been in the past few episodes that much though. Which has been disappointing.

17. WWSwagger

WWSwagger
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

I really believe that there's more to it than this. His sister is murdered, his mom commits suicide, perhaps Lithgow blames his father and kills him? There is absolutely more to this story then what we've seen so far.

18. IHaveCandyGetInVan

IHaveCandyGetInVan
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

True, but the writing on this show is a notch above that of most McSitcom plots. Of course it's possible that in the "Dexter universe" they were all coincidences, and it's also possible that either Trinity or someone else was responsible in some way for all or some of his family member's deaths and that evidence just hasn't been revealed yet. I'm leaning toward the latter based on what we've seen this season, and in past seasons.

19. Arms Akimbo

Arms Akimbo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It's my assumption that the casket is meant for Trinity himself. He's gone all around the country re-creating his family's deaths only to finally come home and re-create it one last time. Now it's time to join his family.

Also, I thought they hinted that Trinity somehow feels responsible for his sister's death. It might have been in a preview for next week. Either way, I feel that the deaths in his family are related and weren't just occasions of random, bad luck.

I kind of enjoy seeing Dexter try to interact with Astor. It's neat to see him grapple with someone who he used to feel connected to, but as she develops more into her own individual identity, that bond between them gets weaker. He understands and gets along with children so well, but not with adults. It's a real test on his ability to act and think like the rest of us.

20. Carter

Carter
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

How many serial killers has Dexter killed so far? 10? And your worried about Trinity's family?

Seems very likely Trinity's dad was a drunk who beat him up calling him a faggot etc and Trinity eventually snapped, killed him and now wants to repeat the sequence to relive it.