Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Dear Management: Someone's nude on the 14th hole

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Angel_1756, Jun 11, 2012.

1. guernica

guernica
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Speaking of streakers...

#21 guernica, Jun 13, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  2. KIMaster

KIMaster
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My own countrymen are among the worst offenders at this.

So far in the Euro Cup, they have had more newsworthy fights and riots than actual games.

The fans have beaten up some Polish police officers, some Ukrainians, and before the most recent 1-1 tie against Poland, some Polish fans. (I guess as a kind of good-luck charm?!)

I'm eagerly anticipating what will happen in the future rounds!

3. Bundy Bear

Bundy Bear
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

South Africans really like their Rugby. This fella attacked the Ref when they were losing.

#23 Bundy Bear, Jun 14, 2012
  4. toddus

toddus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Stealing a Vespa and throwing it from the second tier DURING A GAME, is pretty hard to beat.

#24 toddus, Jun 17, 2012
  5. jets22

jets22
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Another escape artist. This one's pretty athletic too

#25 jets22, Jun 18, 2012
  6. Gravy

Gravy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I spent a few months working maintenance at a golf course. Golfers by and large are huge assholes. I didn't see a whole lot of drunken behavior (not to that degree anyway). But we did have some pretty horrid patrons.

There was a regular foursome of old, white, wealthy individuals that I took to calling the KKK. They were assholes to an insane degree. Every fucking Saturday they would hit on top of you without warning as you were doing your work. I didn't go to where they worked and try to enforce the Voting Rights Act, so I didn't think it was cool to be raking a bunker and have a ball thud a foot from me. The odds of getting hit by a golf-ball in a place that would seriously fuck you up are probably pretty low, but they have to hurt quite a bit regardless, so maybe a shout or waiting 3 minutes until I could have finished would have been cool. We were treated like scum by them.

One day near the end of the summer they finally talked to my roommate.

KKK: So how did you get this job?
    Roommate: I just applied for it?
    KKK: Oh, we thought it was court ordered.

Nope, just college kids trying to put ourselves through school with as little as debt as possible. Fucking dicks.

On the bright-side getting paid to race golf-carts is awesome.

EDIT* strangely related story.

One day at work at the golf course I ended running myself over with a golf cart. I was loading grass seed (50lb bags) into a cart. One fell and hit the gas pedal while I was bringing another bag. I tried to jump out of the way, but i caught my heel on the pallet the bags were stored on. The golf-cart ran over me. My boss told me to go home. Instead I went to tailgate. I then used the pain as an excuse to drink heavily for a few hours. Towards the end of tailgate a stranger told me that he needed my help. In a drunken haze I followed him. I suddenly found myself hoisting up a faux-cheerleader for the opposing team. I was a little miffed that I got suckered into that. So when she fell and we caught her I just threw her over my shoulder and started running around like a madman. How I didn't eat shit or get into a fight over doing that is a mystery to me.

Tailgates bring out the worst in me. The next year I got so drunk that I fell down around 15 rows of bleachers. Fortunately, our football team is so terrible that no one was in the stands. Otherwise there would be a youtube video of me as a wrecking ball taking out a considerable portion of the student section.

7. awwwSNAP

awwwSNAP
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I'm halfway surprised that there isn't anyone on here from Atlanta with some experience with these people, but I used to work at the country club in question. When the story broke the collective response from my old work friends was, literally, 'Isn't this the 4th of July party?'. It's a culture of people literally rich and powerful enough - judges, DAs, whatnot - to be used to doing whatever they want all the time and getting away with it. When I was an employee there were rumors of a super secret invite-only club that held what were essentially bacchanals in the clubhouse late at night. No idea if there was any truth to that, or the rumor that an employee had been arrested multiple times for selling drugs but always got out of it because his biggest clients were members, but we did find an enormous dildo once on top of an armoire in a sort of out-of-the-way room in the clubhouse. Whether that had anything to do with the secret club (which had a ridiculous name I'm kicking myself for not remembering) or was just a prank or a bored horny employee, I haven't the slightest. But it was a colorful place to work, to say the least.