Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Christmas Good Will

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nettdata, Dec 22, 2009.

?

My charitable stuff

Poll closed Dec 29, 2009.
  1. I'm a God Damned Saint... I do tons of stuff for others.

30 vote(s)
    33.0%
  2. Fuck that, where's MY stuff at?

20 vote(s)
    22.0%
  3. Bah Humbug.... I'm too drunk to give a shit.

41 vote(s)
    45.1%
  1. shauncorleone

shauncorleone
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I didn't feel like making a donation to a large organization because you don't get the selfish gratification of knowing what good the help did. So, aside from doing our annual Secret Santa at work, in which the toys we buy remind us of the picked person & all the gifts go to a local charity, I assisted in providing for a single mom of 3 working 60 hours a week as a nurse. I don't know her story, and I don't really care if she's unlucky or a weekend whoriar. I didn't want her kids to have a shitty Christmas, so I bought about $80 worth of toys & games for the older children.

I'm in a bit of a transition right now preparing to move, but I definitely think I want to volunteer a little more of my time, if only for the aforementioned selfish good feelings and the way women react to a man who gives back. I'd really like to work with kids in a youth baseball league or something, but I'm not sure DUI conviction and Narcotics Possession charge look great on that particular application.

2. cargasm66

cargasm66
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I own a coffeeshop, and asked customers to donate a dollar or two (or more) and buy "Turkey Bucks" to benefit the local food bank around Thanksgiving. I told my baristas that if they raised $500, I'd take them out to dinner as a reward. They responded by raising $800 in a week, and unanimously voting to have me donate the money I'd spend on dinner back to the food bank. I was surprised, and touched at their selflessness, and donated another $250 of my own money to bring the total to over $1000. I felt pretty good knowing I had facilitated a LOT of happy thanksgivings in my area.

3. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I donate 40% of my paycheck to help those in need. Whether I like it or not. Rumor has it is about to go up. My donation will help the poor see a doctor! Yay!

4. Tim

Tim
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

This season I gave up my job so that the unfortunates with whom i USED to work could keep theirs.

And when the bile wasn't coming up in such a tide that it made my eyes water, part of the Xmas gifts I gave this year to family members were to charity: animal rescue/care.

In other news, the Salvation Army still hates fags.

5. SaintBastard

SaintBastard
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I like to read aloud to deaf kids, take blind children to art museums, and volunteer at the retarded animal shelter whenever I can.

Oh, I also do this. Kiva allows you to make loans to third-world entrepreneurs across the globe. It treats the less fortunate as businessmen rather than beggers and it's going to change the way we look at third world aid.