Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Californication Season 3

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Supertramp, Oct 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It's a small detail, but I love how good Hank is at dodging things. Punches, vomit, it always seems like he spots them and lets them hit someone else. Which is kinda a metaphor for the way he lives his life in a way.

2. Supertramp

Supertramp
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think Karen's going to want to get back and then the teenage stripper interrupts and Karen flips out. Oh the shitty daughter from the Keanu Reeves school of acting becoms shittier. That's like five episodes right there.

3. Guy Fawkes

Guy Fawkes
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I use to look forward to Californication and now I just watch it because I'm bored.

Another shitty episode.

If they even attempt to make Hank juggle the affection/relationships with all four women I'm going to take a break from the show. They need to get rid of the TA immediately, get rid of the Dean's wife in an episode and get back to Karen vs Miss Awesome Tits.

I agree Becca sucks but her speech about not having any friends was pretty telling. Besides the boyfriend and Mia she hasn't had anyone her age to lean on. I hope they explore this a little more. Maybe Becca runs away or something.

4. toddus

toddus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Fuck me Rick Springfield looks good for 60. How can a rock musician age like that and yet Kathleen Turner ends up like the above.

5. insanityv2

insanityv2
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

What the fuck? Is the british chick to classy to show us her tits?
    I for one, am let down.

6. Insomniac

Insomniac
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

This episode really needs to be shown in fast forward w/ the theme from Benny Hill as its soundtrack. At least at that speed one might actually think the TA (Diane Farr) went topless instead of it so blatantly being a body double.

7. gnowee

gnowee
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Now it's just ridiculous. It's like the writers said: fuck it, no one believes this shit anymore anyways, let's just get everyone into the house at the same time, maximize the boob/minute rate and rewrite the script a fucking sitcom, and hell, while we're at it, let's start a fire for no apparent reason.

It's funny none the less, but it's nothing like season one.

8. Guy Fawkes

Guy Fawkes
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The saving grace was the heart to heart Hank has with Becca at the end. "I start out with the best of intentions. I just want them to see how special and beautiful they really are. Then it gets all complicated."

Hopefully the fall out from the clusterfuck "Apartment" episode is a little more believable. Also there's no point to Jackie being in any scenes unless she's naked. The other two girls prancing around was nice but Jackie with clothes on is just a distraction.

9. SaintBastard

SaintBastard
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I finally got around to watching the pilot of this show and fucking loved it. A multi-layered protagonist with an acerbic wit and a hatred for LA despite living there... and gratuitous tits? How the fuck did I miss this show?

10. Hogie

Hogie
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Enjoy it while it lasts. Avoid the third season perhaps.

11. Aribidi

Aribidi
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Where did the humor go? I mean, I know there's absolutely no story whatsoever and sometimes the jokes are swing and miss, but still, I enjoyed it. It didn't bother me because Hank is a funny character who always made me laugh a couple of times. But now?

The last two episodes were just boring as hell. Nothing happened (well, even less than usual). It seems like the writers didn't have enough jokes and funny situations to last past nine episodes, so now they're just making the last three episodes one big wrap-up party. I half-expected some flash-back scenes or an "it was all just a dream" to fill these half hours.

12. bean

bean
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

...and that's how the show should end. No more.

13. kindalas

kindalas
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

After this last season I was ready to leave Californication behind.

This last episode was good enough to get me to see the next one. Not good enough to forgive season 3, but good enough for season 4.

It's like the writers gave up on Season 3s story and decided to setup season 4 out of the blue.

I think it worked on me.

14. Supertramp

Supertramp
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm starting to hate the shitty dialogue. Is this the season finale?

15. Guy Fawkes

Guy Fawkes
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Before this season this was one of my favorite shows. Until the finale it fell into the "hmmm I'm bored. Oh yeah I didn't watch Californication yet" catagory.

The finale was great. I especially like how they just played Rocketman instead of trying to use dialog that would have fallen short of the emotional outpouring between Karen & Hank. Very well done.

I'm cautiously optimistic that Season 4 will redeem itself.

16. Sam N

Sam N
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yes. God, after the trainwreck that was season 3, I was really not ready for that ending. I was ready to give up on this show, but that god damn finale will have me all excited for season 4 now, god damn it.

17. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

It's pretty obvious with that last pool shot of him drowning he is going to (blissfully) sink back into manwhore oblivion. Karen is a pill and will once again break up with him but let him dangle...AGAIN. I think next season will be great.

Just please please PLEASE don't bring Mia back again. Write her out or hit her with a truck. Hot body aside, she's irritating and loathsome and her face looks like a Cabbage Patch Doll washed in hot.

18. BigChops

BigChops
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Mia is the most loathesome character I can remember from a TV show in a looong time. There are exactly ZERO redeeming qualities about her, and I want no more than to see her die a painful death.

19. Whothehell

Whothehell
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Not season 3 related, but the first 2 episodes of season 4 are available at the usual torrent spots.

20. Sam N

Sam N
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm assuming you've seen them, correct? How are they looking so far? Continuining the descent into utter absurdity or salvaging something like an intelligent plot line?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.