Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Anarchy in the Tib!!! - The "down with authority" WDT

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nettdata, Aug 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Were you, hypothetically, more alarmed at the absence of the SO and concerned for her well-being?

or pissed off at her acting irresponsibly?

If it has never happened before, I would be more concerned for her safety and make sure she's ok...and then talk about how stupid it was when she sobers up.

On the other hand, the excuse is obviously bullshit because no one is forced to do anything. The fact that the phone calls were ignored would piss me off tremendously and an explanation must be given. If said explanation is not good enough or reeks of bullshit, you need to wonder why there is dishonesty going on.

I wouldn't immediately jump to any conclusions about infidelity or anything.

2. Gravitas

Gravitas
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

A frank and open discussion....with a handgun and a catalog turned to the woodchipper section on the coffee table.

3. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Now my personal reaction would be to head out to Home Depot first thing the next morning and buy Lime and a sturdy shovel. Hypothetically.

What does he have to do with this?

4. Gravitas

Gravitas
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I like your optimism. I just have this stuff on hand at all times.

5. Beefy Phil

Beefy Phil
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

1) This isn't me we're talking about. Although, I think it's nice that you people think I'm normal enough to last three years in a relationship. I'm merely an observer.

2) The consensus seems to be that anger is justified. At the very least, it's a discourteous act, is it not? Is it further safe to say that the appropriate reaction to your SO's anger is not to try to deflect said anger by bringing up an entirely unrelated problem from several days ago in an attempt to even the Argument Score?

6. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I've been in more or less the exact situation as our dear Mr. Phil.

The girlfriend and I were long distance at the time. I was home for the weekend; she was at her friend's apartment just around the corner at a get together (the friend was annoying as shit, so I wasn't there). She was supposed to come back to my place that evening. I remember I phoned her at a given time to ask when she was coming over. I phoned her again; she was coming over in 10 minutes. Two hours later I woke up as she was phoning me from outside. It was well past 3AM by the time she finally came over. She "lost track of time".

I was pissed off. Not because I was worried about her, not because I was worried about her cheating. But because it showed a lack of consideration for me. Here I was, having not made any plans, home for the weekend from living in a shit town in the middle of nowhere 5 hours away in which much of my time was spent horny and missing her, and here I was miserable and alone because she was too busy having fun with other people. It sends the message that she doesn't miss you and that she doesn't care that you miss her.

7. Elset

Elset
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I assume he was the drunk one

edit: I missed a page.

8. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Merril Hoge and his stupid wide knot tie make me want to punch him in the face, but otherwise his commentary seems reasonable. WHY IS YOUR TIE SO HUGE?! It looks even more silly next to his regular tie coanchors. I wonder if he's compensating for something.

9. Nom Chompsky

Nom Chompsky
    Expand Collapse
    Honorary TiBette

My feelings on Jon Stewart:

[​IMG]

Although a lot of times, he isn't actually as well-informed as his guests, he's just much quicker-witted. I remember an interview with Jonah Goldberg (who is kinda a douche) where it was clear that Jonah knew the subject matter much better, but Jon engaged him on a level more sarcastic than he was accustomed to. It was a really awkward interview.

10. Gravitas

Gravitas
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So a LARP group is on this the show Truck Stop, Missouri.

Nerds and Rednecks. Awesome.

The master assassin striving to be king doesn't have any front teeth.

11. audreymonroe

audreymonroe
    Expand Collapse
    The most powerful cervix... in the world...

I'm chatting with one of my future roommates, the one that's already living there. We were talking about general first world problems involving moving when he said:

"Our apartment is so big that sometimes the wifi doesn't reach everywhere."

I CAN'T WAIT TO MOVE. Although I don't want to actually move. I dumped all my stuff out from everywhere it belongs, panicked, and haven't done anything productive since. I just want my things to apparate to the new place and assemble themselves.

12. Nom Chompsky

Nom Chompsky
    Expand Collapse
    Honorary TiBette

Alright, this is random, but I'm about to make some beef stew in a crock pot. Any tips/ideas before I throw this thing together? I know (from experience) that I shouldn't use too much water, but in general I don't use crock pots much.

13. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Get out a frying pan and brown the beef first. Then deglaze with something (wine, stock, etc.) and pour that into the crockpot.

Everything else is secondary.

With reference to Jon Stewart, I rather like him. I mean he's funny enough, but what's most impressive about him is how he invites people on the show with whom he disagrees, and he talks with him. He doesn't shout them down, he doesn't tell them to shut up or call them idiots, he has conversations with them and discusses their ideas and attempts to understand their point of view, or at least, allow them to properly explain their point of view in more than a two-second sound bite. And then the conversation runs long and he throws it up on the web. And despite the disagreements he's polite and cracks jokes and gets along well enough with the guests.

Something the rest of the cable news industry can really learn from, if you ask me.

14. CharlesJohnson

CharlesJohnson
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Brown the meat chunks in batches in a pan on medium heat. Throw them in the crock pot when they're done. Brown onion and garlic in the pan. Add 2 tablespoons of flour to make a roux. Brown it. Deglaze with 1 cup wine, scrape it all off the pan, incorporate it. Throw it in the crock pot. Add another cup of beef stock if you have it, or water. throw in vegetables, seasoning. Put it on low heat and it should be fine in 6-8 hours.

On the stove it takes 90-120 minutes.

I am a stew whore lately.

15. SMUGolfer

SMUGolfer
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Maggie Gylenhall is narrating a special on Discovery right now. The topic? Orgasms.

What's sad is that I do pregnancy research and find all this intellectually stimulating

Edit: She is holding an instrument called the orgasmotron. Yay Science!

16. Primer

Primer
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If I've made plans of any sort, big or small, I always let whoever it is that I'm meeting know what's going on. If something comes up, I'll call/text them and let them know. Unless it's something incredibly important, that cannot wait, will I cancel. Doing anything other than that, I find incredibly discourteous - you're essentially telling them that you're not my main priority and that anything else will supersede you.

How hard is it to call/text someone, telling them that you're going to be late? It takes less than a minute.

17. Sammerton

Sammerton
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

So, a little late to the game here....but what the fuck?

If you were invited to her friend's place, and you decided to stay home and have a pity party, that's some passive aggressive bullshit right there. If you wanted to spend time with her, you'd have done it.

When my girlfriend lived halfway across the country last summer for an internship, I missed the shit out of her. Jerked off like four times a day. When I went and visited her for a week, I hated her friends but I sucked it up because I wanted to spend time with her. If I told her that I didn't want to hang out with her friends, I want to sit on the couch all night and cuddlefuck her, sit in silence watching TV, whatever....and she still went out, I'd be upset BUT....BUT.... doesn't mean that she doesn't miss me, or that she doesn't care that I miss her. It means we want to do two different things, for a couple hours, one night in our lives.

In all likelihood, it probably means I'm an insecure moog who needs to have his ego stroked and be the center of attention, everyone else's plans be damned.

I didn't have to figure that out though, because I went and spent time with my girlfriend because I missed her. Then I got my dick sucked when we got home. Winner winner, chicken dinner.

18. audreymonroe

audreymonroe
    Expand Collapse
    The most powerful cervix... in the world...

She's in a movie coming out soon about the invention of vibrators, when they were used to "treat hysteria." I'm totally seeing it:

#958 audreymonroe, Aug 22, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  19. Nom Chompsky

Nom Chompsky
    Expand Collapse
    Honorary TiBette

We can't all have your exciting lifestyle.

20. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Okay, I hate to bring up a post that is more than two pages old, but then by you mention reporters who don't hold any punches.
    What about Howard Cosell? Not the most likeable guy, but he wasn't full of shit either.

Here's a taste of him on Letterman's show in 1985 (part one of two)

#960 dixiebandit69, Aug 22, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.