Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

American Idol Season 9

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by shegirl, Jan 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

I thought last night was awesome. I've had a crush on Harry Connick for a long time so to see him on the show was all kinds of tingly for me. I liked how he interacted with everyone. I thought him bringing some of his band and his playing along with the contestants was great.

As for who was the best and worst, last night was a hard call. Crystals performance was just odd to me. Aaron did fairly well. Mike again, odd for me. Casey was off key almost the entire time. Basically I have no idea who will get the boot tonight.

2. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Casey should be gone, no question. That performance was abysmal. Bottom three should be Casey, Aaron, Big Mike. I loved Crystal's performance, didn't see anything wrong with it. What I do wish is that she would shut her trap when the judges give her criticism. And Lee has pulled within a nose of Crystal, making this an actual race for the first time all season.

3. E. Tuffmen

E. Tuffmen
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My money is on Casey. I cracked up when Kara said he sounded like a lamb. I've been saying that all along. I hate that stupid trill he has.

4. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I can't believe it wasn't Casey. I was worried for Crystal when she was in the same group as Casey, that's how sure I was he was going home. I'm alright with Aaron going home though.

5. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Mike's going home. If I haven't gotten one single prediction right this whole season, this one will be. Mike is gone.

Lee and Crystal have been the top dogs the whole time, and Casey has a way larger fanbase than Mike. It's not even about performance at this point, until Lee and Crystal duke it out. And really, who's the bigger winner? The person with the huge fanbase, or the person with the slightly huger fanbase that isn't contractually required to put out craptastic Idol producer music for their first album?

6. E. Tuffmen

E. Tuffmen
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You're probably right, but I hate to see Casey stay. Mike is the better performer, and I just can't stand Casey's retarded baaaaaaaaad vibrato. At this point, as lame as it sounds, they really are all winners. They will all probably get nice careers out of this and a ton more money than they would have ever gotten otherwise.

7. E. Tuffmen

E. Tuffmen
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Since no one else has said it I will. Holy fucking shit. Lee was awesome. It's definitely going to be Crystal and Lee in the final, and I don't care if either of them win it. I love them both, but Lee won the night for sure.

8. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Absolutely. Casey was outclassed and outmatched last night. Lee killed it at the perfect time. I still like Crystal best, but I think I'd be more likely to buy a Lee album. Which is why I think Crystal should win. Whoever wins is stuck doing Idol producers tunes for their first album, anyway, aren't they? For second place, you get paid $250k for your first album rather than $300k, but you actually get to write your own songs if you want to.

Then again, maybe Crystal needs to take second, then. Either way.

9. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

I agree and thought Lee stole the show last night. Simons pick for him was the best of course, and he rocked it. I'm going to hate tonight because the show will drone on and on only to find out what we already know, Casey is finally going to be gone. Maybe he'll comb his hair, or even cut it now.

10. Kerbunked

Kerbunked
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I hope Crystal gets 2nd so she gets to write her own songs. She's got one called "Holy Toledo" that's getting airplay back here in Ohio. There's 3 she's written that I really enjoy. I'll post the link to them if you want to hear them. She's got some very good songwriting talent.

Farmer's Daughter

Holy Toledo

Speak Now

11. KIMaster

KIMaster
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Those three links just convinced me that while her voice is excellent, she will definitely need someone else to write her songs if she plans on any success post-Idol. Not only are they very slow-paced, simplistic, and boring, but they even lack the big hook of a mainstream pop song.

Again, the vocals sound awesome on all three of those tracks, it's just that everything else about them sucks.

12. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Well, that surprised no one, not even Casey.

What was with Perez Doucheface introducing the guy from a CW highschool drama whom everyone's parents think is "not the kind of kid I want you hanging out with"? And why was said kid dressed like he was in a 90s boy-band?

I've heard rumors of results shows being cut down to a half hour next year. Maybe they can cut this kind of retarded shit out.

13. E. Tuffmen

E. Tuffmen
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I just DVR it and fast forward through all the crap acts and commercials, so for me the results shows are usually only 25 or so minutes long.

14. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I watch it at work, since the only channel that this TV gets is Fox.

How many songs are they going to be singing apiece next week? 2? 3?

15. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think Crystal locked it up tonight. Well, her performances say she deserves to win, in any case. Lee may get the little girl text votes to get over the top.

I'm ok with either of them winning, but I'd prefer Crystal.

Why did Lee sing a U2 song as "his" single? And what was that song Crystal sang? I thought the producers usually wrote new songs for them...

16. Kerbunked

Kerbunked
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Yeah, I was wondering that myself about Lee and the U2 song, that was weird. I have a feeling Crystal wrote her song, but that hasn't been confirmed or anything. It's just in the style of her other work, just a little more over the top.

17. megan

megan
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

I was really confused about that, too. They didn't even explain it. I thought in all the past seasons, the single was a song written by the AI producers to be the winner's first single. And it was the same for both contestants in all past seasons, I believe. I really don't think that U2 song will do well for Lee.. I'm already sick of hearing U2 sing it. Crystal's sounded pretty good, though. Does anyone know what song it was? I wasn't listening during Ryan's intro.

Crystal definitely performed better tonight, but I think Lee will win because of the teenage girl vote. I am torn - I liked Crystal at the beginning but Lee has been my favorite the past month or two. So I voted for Lee because I am a sucker for cute boys with guitars.

18. comet

comet
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

the song crystal sang was by patty griffin, a wonderful musician. check out her song "rain." apparently the first single the winner releases this year is a cover. votefortheworst.com has a pretty entertaining recap of tonight's show and talks about that.

how did this show get so terrible? lee is not even cute. he looks like a hobbit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.