Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

9/5/14 WDT NSFW

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by shegirl, Sep 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Noland

Noland
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I did. Years ago. And even when I was smoking I wouldn't have smoked fucking Kools. I was doing a "favor" for some of the guys.

2. happyfunball

happyfunball
    Expand Collapse
    overly defenCive stuffed cougar

Sooooo, it WASN'T a favor? I mean they're Kools, not drugs. Which, by the way, I've got some real ones. Low ball me.*

I did that just for Rush.

Unless they're under 18. Which given the shenanigans at your work, wouldn't surprise me.

3. katokoch

katokoch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Not the greatest but for $5 to start with, I'll take it. Their Chicago-style double stuffed pizza is a monster.

Our company has some event going on in a couple of weeks and someone in marketing just sent an email inviting a bunch of clients to it with the opening line "Your invited..." I'm dying here.

4. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I showed up a party in college once and it was ringed by LAPD. I thought 'well fuck, party's already being broken up' but nope, they waved everyone in and told us to have a good time. Found out later that they were chasing a suspect and he ducked into the party to hide. Rather than go in after him, they just covered the exits and waited him out, while letting the party go on as if nothing was happening.

5. LatinGroove

LatinGroove
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This may sound silly, but you are preheating the crust by itself before you pour in the sauce and ingredients aren't you?

I'm starting a cooking channel on YouTube to show younger men and women how to cook basics as a compliment to the ebook I'm working on. Would you guys be opposed to me making a video on how to do various pizza crusts?

6. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Everyone should get a paella pan and learn how to make paella. It's not the easiest thing to do in a conventional kitchen (there are special pans made for use on a stovetop, and you can probably get away with trying this in a regular frying pan), but it's absolutely perfect for making on a barbecue.

My instructions for a 30 cm pan - feeds 3 or 4, depending.

1. Add healthy amount of good olive oil into pan, heat.
    2. Sear skin-on, bone-in chicken thighs (I use 4) and fresh chorizo for a few minutes. Sear only the skin side on the chicken, and don't flip. As an alternative to chicken, you can (and should) use rabbit, if you can get some. I prefer skin-on thighs but you're welcome to use boneless/skinless if you like.
    3. Shred half an onion and one roma tomato in the large holes on a cheese grater, and a few cloves of garlic on the small holes.
    4. Add onion/tomato/garlic mix into pan, sprinkle with healthy amount of smoked paprika. You can add some white wine here as well, but I would recommend removing some of the onion/tomato liquid if you're going that route. While it's cooking, add a bit of liquid (water, broth or wine) if it starts to burn. Cook until it thickens and turns a dark red colour. This is the sofrito, and forms the base of the paella.
    5. Take a small pinch of saffron threads, grind thoroughly in a mortar and pestle with a small amount of liquid. Add some hot broth / wine to bring out the colour. Keep grinding until you don't see any threads any more. Opinion here varies: you can either add the saffron to the sofrito while it cooks, or wait until the end when the rice is cooking. Adding it earlier reduces the saffron taste but imparts a stronger colour to the paella.
    6. While sofrito is cooking, take skin off of chorizo and cut into chunks.
    7. Once sofrito is done, add one cup of rice (ideally you'd use bomba rice, but arborio works pretty well and is much cheaper), mix thoroughly. Add 3 cups of chicken stock. Once this is done, don't stir.
    8. Arrange chicken, chorizo, and roasted red peppers (you started roasting those peppers earlier in the day, right?) in the broth, leaving them on top of the rice.
    9. Let cook until the liquid is absorbed and the rice just below the surface is soft and cooked through. Towards the end, if you can, turn up the heat to create a nice crust on the bottom layer of rice.

The variations you can do are infinite. Some people will insist that you need green peas / lima beans / seafood / whatever. Knock yourself out if you like. For a short time I was using a packaged spice mix imported from Spain that contained paprika, saffron powder and some food colouring and honestly it tasted pretty good, and I'd definitely use it if I didn't have any saffron around.

7. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

8. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

I hope this kid gets killed in prison. Telling his victims families that he uses "the hand that pulled the trigger to masturbate to the memory" of it is the most despicable thing I've ever heard.

9. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Help line

Me, trying to explain to my mom on the phone how to pull a window back up: Just click on it on the taskbar.
    Mom: What's the taskbar?
    Me: Running across the bottom of the screen, to the left of the clock.
    Mom: Clock?
    Me: Look in the bottom righthand corner of the screen. Do you see the clock?
    Mom: Um, clock? I don't see a clock. I see the time.

Please shoot me.

10. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I just read that Apple is pushing a free U2 album onto everyone's Iphone whether they want it or not. If you ever needed a reason to go Android this is it.

11. katokoch

katokoch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

12. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Season 8 now on Netflix.

"It's like shooting shitfish in a shitbarrel"

13. Currer Bell

Currer Bell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Haha, that solves that mystery. My daughter was telling me last night that she didn't order it and doesn't know why it is on her phone. I told her maybe she accidentally ordered it and that I'd check the itunes invoices I get. I did that and found no U2 purchases.

14. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I guess its one thing if they track you with your phone and record all that data. But fuck, if they put U2 on your phone, then dammit they've crossed a line.

15. Currer Bell

Currer Bell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I really don't care about the U2 thing, but then she was asking how she can delete songs she doesn't want anymore. We had this issue before with her iPod and I remember being very frustrated because you had to jump through hoops. And this is why I have android.

16. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You just delete them from Itunes, or deselect them and then resync. Its not jumping through hoops at all, and it prevents idiots from accidentally deleting songs with a swipe and then freaking out cause they can't get them back.

17. zzr

zzr
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Where does the U2 hate come from? You would think they had Miley Cyrus as a guest on their latest album or something from the way people talk about them. I've spent a lot of money on U2 tapes, cd's, and concerts over the years, so free U2 music is a good thing in my book. Free U2 concert tickets would be even better.

18. Currer Bell

Currer Bell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That means you have to be at your computer to do that, right? That's too many hoops for me. I'm not saying it is a dealbreaker, just one of many annoying aspects of it.

19. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

"In soviet russia, ve are one with explosion."

#359 Revengeofthenerds, Sep 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  20. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

You know, fuck these electric lights... because you have to use a fucking lightswitch to turn them on and off again.

That's why I use candles.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.