Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

4/21/17 WDT NSFW

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by shegirl, Apr 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

On skunks: When I went to prison, the first unit they placed me at had skunks roaming freely on the grounds, day and night.

I mean, what could they do about it? Guns with actual ammo aren't allowed inside the prison gates (they used shot-guns loaded with bean-bags and pepper spray... SO MUCH pepper spray. The hard-core stuff, too.), so they couldn't shoot them, and you sure don't want to trap one and make it mad.

It was a regular occurrence for one to spray at an unlucky person who got too close, or startled it.

2. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I do think I'm going to be a little bit sore tonight.

Redoing the deck (as mentioned before) and today was ripping up the old decking and prepping/installing the new planks.

Don't underestimate the effort required for controlled and restrained demolition.

Not fun, but a beer is going to taste like 4 more.

3. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

And four more should feel dam good

4. AFHokie

AFHokie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You two should totally start that thread in order to compare & contrast those ideas

5. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

[​IMG]

6. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

I routinely trap skunks and dispatch them with a .22 or pellet gun. If you hit them in the brain they won't spray. Admittedly, it is a tough shot, as it's a very small target, and if you miss and they don't die instantly there's hell to pay.

A few months ago my brother thought he was gonna be smart and shot a skunk with his AR. Somehow the fucker lived long enough to run up under his house where it died. The AC units picked up the smell of that and spread it throughout the house.

The house still smells like shit.

7. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

A few years ago I pulled 7 skunks out of my parents' back yard with a pellet gun. The trick was the big bucket of lye that did wonders when it came to killing the smell and decomposing the bodies.

8. Whothehell

Whothehell
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

When I was a kid we a little black & white shitzu.

Once while we were visiting a friend who lived in a very small town we tired her up in the back yard. When my mom went to let her in she found the neighbor pointing a rifle at her thinking she was skunk. Close call.

Not her but she looked similar to this:
    [​IMG]

#48 Whothehell, Apr 22, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2017
  9. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    I ran over a skunk once. I did everything I could to avoid it, but at 50 mph that's not a whole lot other then "Please God ...no....please....Son. Of, A. Bitch."

My car smelled like skunk all summer. Not cool when you're 19.

For folks that have never encountered a skunk...I've been woke up by the smell of a skunk that sprayed. I even lived in town at the time and it happened like 3 times in one week. One moment I was peacefully slumbering and the next I was "What the fuck?" and burying my head under the pillows trying to escape the smell.

Oh yeah...as far as weather...it was 90+ today. Fuck that noise.

10. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm not exactly sure how that would play itself out, but I am 100% positive Audrey looks better in a sundress than I do.

11. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse

Maybe if you shave...

12. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse

Possibly the greatest song ever for a long drive at night:

I was chasing down youtube rabbit holes tonight and came across one of the most awesome names for a band I've heard lately: Crucified Barbara. They're ok, but that name is awesome. It reminded me of a song I wrote years ago called Cinderella Baptist...I'd bought a drum machine, programed a pattern, then threw some guitar on top of it and did some vocals. Crap. Now I'm going to have to see if I can remember how to play it.

One more video to throw in, it was kind of a let down, but the opening vocal scream the girl does...wow. She's got one hell of a voice.

13. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

Just finished my japanese knife set. First got a 3.5 inch pairing knife, then an 8 inch chef's knife (tuo is amazing), then I just now pulled the trigger on an 8 inch sushi knife I've been watching for a while. Those three, along with an existing honing rod and sharpening block are really all I need. My bread knife and carving knife are cool to have but not a necessity.

I've gotten in the habit of taking my knives with me when I'm cooking somewhere else. I know it looks kinda douchbaggery when you get your knife bag, but hell, preparation is half the battle.

14. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It is. my battle is to stay awake for another hour, which I will gladly do. Thankfully there's been some good hockey on tonight

And in a way I get the your own knives thing, a hockey player would be annoyed using someone else's stick, not all equipment does the job the same

15. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Don't know until you post. Preferably not in the WDT thread

16. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse

Holy shit. How he didn't kill someone for even suggesting this is beyond me. Cool song, but the video? I would've punched someone in the throat for even thinking this was a good idea.

17. audreymonroe

audreymonroe
    Expand Collapse
    The most powerful cervix... in the world...

I will 100% challenge ANY OF YOY MOTJERFUXKERS to a walk off and NO it's not because I'm feeling overconfident thanks to the several hurricanes I've consumed for free at a New Orleans themed bar tonight

18. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You're on, RoN is my substitute

19. audreymonroe

audreymonroe
    Expand Collapse
    The most powerful cervix... in the world...

Having wifi in our subway stations now is both a blessing and a curse but I stand by all of this. RoN, meet me on the runway in your highest heels and it. Is. ON.

(And by the way, I went to see my friend in a theater festival that was all women-only shorts and was third wheeling with her and her scrub of an on-again-off-again boyfriend out in times square so I fucking EARNED those drinks.)

20. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Just got home last night from spending a week with the family in Toytoy's favorite city. Chicago is a fantastic city - we had a great time. And on the warmer days earlier in the week I was treated to tons of college age women in sundresses, yoga pants, and bike shorts.

And best of all, no drive-by shootings. Although the bus crowd got sketchy at times.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.