Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

2013-2014 NCAA football thread

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by McSmallstuff, Apr 21, 2013.

1. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm just tired of all the pearl clutching. He doesn't seem all that, he's just fucking 20 years old. I was more or less insufferable at that age and I'm sure most people were, if they had a camera on them at all times. And that's not even including being the most famous college athlete right now. People just need to stop acting like he's committing egregious offenses. He's not Marshall Henderson.

My favorite part was Mark May, that fucking dumbass, telling Manziel to stop bringing shame to the game. The same Mark May arrested for disorderly conduct and rioting in college, and then not one, but TWO DUIs when he was in the NFL. Fucking mongoloid hypocrite. Go back to your worthless studio commentary.

2. gamecocks

gamecocks
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

3. gamecocks

gamecocks
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

How does everyone feel about the new rule changes this year. The targeting and clock run off are complete bullshit.

4. McSmallstuff

McSmallstuff
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Agreed. I have hated the "defenseless player" rule since they came up with it. The added ejection is just taking it over the top.

And I swear if that run-off rule is for speeding the game up I'm going to have to hit something. If they want to speed the damn game up get rid of tv time outs.

5. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Why the changes about numbers? How the hell was that a problem?

6. Flat_Rate

Flat_Rate
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I might not care for all the coverage of Johnny Football but the man can troll the media.

[​IMG]

7. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I assume that the number rules are100% about Lane Kiffen douchebaggery.

8. RCGT

RCGT
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Bomani Jones tweeted this fantastic article about the NCAA, and the whole Johnny Manziel autograph thing.
    <a class="postlink" href="http://theshadowleague.com/articles/welcome-to-the-ncaa-hating-party" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://theshadowleague.com/articles/wel ... ting-party</a>

9. McSmallstuff

McSmallstuff
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

A-FUCKING-MEN! The level of exploitation in college athletics is disgusting.

10. gamecocks

gamecocks
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

11. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The discussion always goes towards paying the athletes, but I would rather go the other way and fix the abuse by stopping the schools from profiting. Make the athletic departments run as non-profit entities and the excess goes into a general pool that funds everybody. Let Notre Dame's and Texas's huge football TV deals fund the Topeka State tennis team. Let the schools apply to a clearinghouse for funding if they want to build a 5-star training facility or pay a coach $10 million.

If you start paying the players, it just makes the problems worse and basically creates a semi-pro league. Why would the teams even need to be associated with a college at that point?

12. Flat_Rate

Flat_Rate
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Re: Re: 2013-2014 NCAA football thread

It's already a semi pro league, has been for a long time, not paying players has nothing to do with it.

You honestly can't think that players who risk life altering injuries on the field for schools who rake in billions aren't entitled to some profit sharing?

13. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Like I said, I'd rather remove the profit altogether. The money is the problem, and getting more people invested in it will make it worse. Right now college football is emblematic of nearly everything that's wrong with America. It's especially disgusting considering that most of the powerhouse schools are public university's that should at least in theory answer to the state governments.

14. gamecocks

gamecocks
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'll agree that there is a problem with the current state of big time athletics. But if you try to change the rules when we're finally getting good, I will have you shot.

15. McSmallstuff

McSmallstuff
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think they should. I had never thought of it before but any time you're making money off of athletics your athletes should be paid.

16. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Anyone who has been to, or attended college, at a big school has seen the caliber of women that even the shitty backups have thrown at them on a regular basis, thus I have no pity or need for further remuneration.

(only about 80% kidding)

17. gamecocks

gamecocks
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

6 more days. 6 more fucking days.

[​IMG]

18. shabamon

shabamon
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

19. gamecocks

gamecocks
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I've always wondered what it would be like to have "that player" on my team. I"m a fan.

#39 gamecocks, Aug 25, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  20. Puffman

Puffman
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Seriously, this is the first post of the after the start of college Football? No one has an opinion on North Dakota State beating a Division 1A school for the 4th year in a row? Fuck it. How about Fresno State taking four and a half hours to beat Rutgers. Since I am an FSU fan I was happy, but I am now a Rutgers fan simply because the Coach went for 2 points in the first overtime. That man has the right stuff, win the game now or go home. I hope Rutgers wins the Big East (what is left of it) and smokes some SEC team in a bowl game.