Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

2009 NFL Season

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by Puffman, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Puffman

Puffman
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think the Saints beating the Giants is much bigger surprise then the Patriots taking care of the Titans. The Patriots destroyed a bad team in the Titans and then ran up the score. The Saints did the same to the Giants who are considered an elite team in the NFC.

My stepson has been a lifelong fan of the Saints so bully for him. I am just glae the Saints are no longer in the 49ers division.

2. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I nearly had a heart attack when we won against the Ravens. I think Jared Allen put it best afterward. "We were dominant in nearly every aspect of the game, right up until the last 10 minutes".

Whatever, I'll take 6-0 even against three crappy teams and two more-lucky-than-good wins. Pittsburgh AT Pittsburgh is gonna suck this week, though.

3. hawkeyenick

hawkeyenick
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I'm still pissed about the Bears game last night. They blew a very winnable game. I can't figure out if Forte just isn't that good and last year was beginners luck or if Cutler is having a detrimental effect because he doesn't check down to the back as much. Either way, its killing my fantasy team, and last night cost the Bears the game.
    Also, I know this board is just getting underway, but it would be awesome if a new Fantasy Football thread could be started up. That was far and away my favorite thread on the old board. Thanks for the initiative Chater.

4. BaseballGuyCAA

BaseballGuyCAA
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Since there's no separate Fantasy discussion yet... let's go Broncos. Need a combined 17 points from Marshall and Moreno to get to 5-1. So far, Moreno has 2 and Marshall has 0. And it's almost halftime. Not good.

5. El Tee

El Tee
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

God dammit, can someone on the Chargers' OL pick up a blitz?

6. redbullgreygoose

redbullgreygoose
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Dear everyone,

FUCK OFF AND DIE!

Seriously, do you people have any fucking idea what it's like to be a Bucs fan right now?

7. Jimmy James

Jimmy James
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah. Welcome to Seattle. What a cheese grater on the butthole that game was. I'd like the Broncos to start losing already. Please?

8. YouSaidRapeTwice

YouSaidRapeTwice
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

Anybody have any thoughts on the Eagles-Raiders game? I can't understand why they abandoned the run so early, especially since they were running so well. Not only that, but it forced the defense back out on the field quicker. Not only that, but the exotic blitz schemes they used to throw at opposing teams seem nonexistent this season, which may be a product of Jim Johnson being gone. Someone please convince me they're not this bad, because if I have to endure another game that maddening, I think I'll just jam a fork into my eye instead.

9. utgjohn

utgjohn
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

I'm a Cowboys fan. I don't know what's worse, going through the growing pains and/or rebuilding process or having all the talent in the world and barely squeaking out victories with an inevitable let down at the end of the year.

44-6 still stings.

10. ZombieMichael II

ZombieMichael II
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

Being that my two favorite teams are the Bucs and Browns, Sundays are very sad for me. At the start of the season, I predicted 4 wins total between the two, and now it's looking like even that was a bit too optimistic.

11. Renholder

Renholder
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Really looking forward to this Steelers-Vikings game coming up. Yeah, Minnesota is undefeated, but they've played some pretty terrible teams so far. And with Polamalu back, we might finally see Favre crack under the pressure.

12. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Well in defense of the vikings they did beat the packers, 49ers, and ravens. None of those are very bad teams. Granted they've been lucky in at least two of those game. They could have easily lost to either the 49ers or ravens. I think the game with the steelers will be close and hard fought. Getting Polamalu back is huge, especially with how Favre is going deep more often to Rice. The vikings have given up a lot of passing yardage lately so I won't be surprised if Roethlisburger shreds them.

After watching the chargers lose last night I'm fully convinced their championship window has closed on them. Their defense is just awful and the running game is a shadow of its former self. I also think it's about time people accept that the broncos are for real. Every week I hear about how they're going to start sliding and so far it hasn't happened. Besides, they almost have enough wins already to get into the playoffs considering everyone else in the division might finish with a losing record.

I picked the saints to win the division in the preseason, but I didn't know they would be this good. Their defense is a lot better than anyone projected and everyone's looked silly in their attempts to stop that offense (minus maybe the jets?).

Sanchez sure has dropped off. He barely passed for over a hundred yards and threw five picks. I'm not too surprised to see him playing poorly considering he's a rookie and rookie QBs almost never do well. Especially one who only started sixteen games in college.

13. JDTheHero

JDTheHero
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Sanchez just isn't used to playing in to the cold. The said he hadn't played in weather under 55 degree his ENTIRE career! Poor guy picked a bad city to play for in New York if he doesn't like the cold. He looked TERRIBLE against the Bills. Underthrew at least 50% of his passes and really fucked me in my suicide pool.

14. El Tee

El Tee
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

You realize the Jets picked him and not the other way around...right?

15. Rob4Broncos

Rob4Broncos
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The disparity between his stats in the games where they've aired it out vs. stayed with the running game is pretty remarkable thus far: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/g ... yerId=2580

16. JDTheHero

JDTheHero
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Yeah, but he could have been like all the other douchebag 'superstar' football players before him and not negotiated with them out of the draft, right? It took Michael Crabtree forever to finally agree to talk to the 49'ers, and do I even need to bring up what Eli did on draft day?

17. Tennessee

Tennessee
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

I know exactly what it is like, being that my hometown team, the Titans, and my favorite NFC team, the Rams, are a combined 0-12 this season. But whatever, at least one of them will bring home the 1st pick in April. I'm just hoping my Titans can get McCoy, or 2010 will be another dreadful year!

18. Hawkeye

Hawkeye
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

I doubt they're going to get another QB next year. It would make sense that they would, considering collins is having trouble managing the offense and his arthritis flare-ups, and Vince Young couldn't hit a tight end in the flat if his life depended on it...BUT.... I predict Jeff Fisher will literally murder the entire defense by the end of the year, so i predict replacing those guys may be a priority.

Indy's looking pretty decent though, so I'm not overly concerned.

19. BrotherNumberOne

BrotherNumberOne
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

The complete opposite of what it's like to be a Broncos fan?

20. Tennessee

Tennessee
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

Well the Titans did get VY over Leinart and Cutler b/c Bud Adams (son of a bitch) is from Texas, as is McCoy. I liked VY and still do to some degree, but his confidence has been shot and so has everyone else's confidence in him as well.

This team doesn't have very many serious problems. We don't have a QB, and Haynesworth and Schwartz leaving hurt a lot more than anyone could have predicted.