Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Rant & Rave Thread

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Joel Raymond, Oct 19, 2009.

1. snobes

snobes
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

rant: The production PC's at work are shit and getting swapped. Since fuck-tard can't get the audio program we use to fucking accept any mp3 directly, I get to load 6 hours of progaming in real time, ass master.

rave: Got to wake said ass master up at 12:15am since he never thought of leaving OUT the login to the studio PC. WHY THE FUCK WOULD ANYONE EVER NEED THAT?

rave: My multitasking skillz have nearly all that production done!

rave:The Wife got a notebook from school for over break. Fuck doing taxes. There's Arrested Development to be watched!

rant: Somehow my wireless conection when to shit last night. Home page loads but, I can't get any further. FUCK!!

2. Durbanite

Durbanite
    Expand Collapse
    Eeyore

Weymouth, U.K. (formerly Durban, South Africa)
    RANT: My broadband went down AGAIN last week. It's still not fixed, despite multiple phone calls to customer support. If it is not fixed by Monday, they can take it back. I will not pay anything if they ask me to, since they have supplied no service. 8 days uptime out of 2 months is just bullshit.

RANT: This means I'll have to go back to using my cellphone as a modem. Fuck. That gets expensive. I'm now seriously considering getting a Blackberry for my browsing needs, since I'm certain it'd work out cheaper.

Yet another soccer rant: Another fucked up Arsenal player, Aaron Ramsey. Why do Arsenal's guys keep getting fucking broken in tackles? Is there something wrong with the club's fitness regime or is it just horrifically bad luck? Ramsey looks to be out for +- 18 months. Not so good for a 19 year-old. Van Persie is still out, too.

At least Arsenal are solidly 3rd placed in the league now.Well done, fellas.

Another rugby rant: There goes the Sharks' chances of a semi-final. Three losses in a row and I think they're solidly fucked. Now they just have to try not to finish last. Plumtree needs to get his pink slip.

3. Dcc001

Dcc001
    Expand Collapse
    New Bitch On Top

She passed away early this morning. It's for the best; she had been ill, and had remarked this week that she was 'tired of living like this.'

Sucks, though.

4. Frank n Beans

Frank n Beans
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rave: Wife got her taxes back finally from working in Belgium for a year. It took basically two years to get them back, but it was over $6600. Not bad considering it was 8 months as a teacher. Along with our taxes this year that'll be a nice payment on the house along with some toys.

Rave: Starting my new job on the 15th. Will be making over 20% more and cut down to 20 minute commute instead of 30. I have another week where I'm currently at and am just not motivated at all to do anything. We don't have any projects due to the budget, so it's just handling whatever calls I get and watching Netflix.

Rant: My Grandpa had a stroke about 15 years ago, so he hasn't really been able to talk or walk much since then. In the last couple months he's starting to slide downhill. They had to amputate one of his legs at the knee last week. He just got moved back to the nursing home/rehab clinic so I got to go see him last night. He looked better then my Grandma had made it sound but as we were leaving he broke into tears. He was always a tough German growing up, but in the last couple years he's been more emotional. I think he knows he's getting closer and it gets harder saying goodbye to people since he may not get to see them again. I just hope the family gets off their ass and goes to see him while they can.

5. Vanilla

Vanilla
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rave: The amount of good looking girls at the library at this school is incredible, as long as you don't go to the science library that's predominantly brown and asian.

Rant: Really makes getting anything done alot tougher when the weather is getting a little bit nicer. Outfits are finally getting a bit skimpier and the girls are just parading by looking for seats.

Rave: Weather is finally turning around and should be hitting highs above zero (32 for the mercans) for the next 5 or 6 days.

Rant: Midterm from 330 til 530 today, currently on the first set of lecture notes and am spending my time browsing TiB and the plethora of ass walking by me.

Rave: Can do fuck all tonight without feeling even slightly guilty about it. CoD anyone? Im sure Maltob and I will be on for a while tonight.

6. Bourbondownthehouse

Bourbondownthehouse
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

RAVE: Got the bike out yesterday. Sure it was 34 degrees out and I just rode it to the shop, but damned if it didn't feel nice to have the (frigid) wind in my hair.

7. Kittie

Kittie
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Rave: I have found the best food ever. Through college, I never had the privilege of eating Ramen noodles repeatedly or the other fun "poor" foods. I got to indulge in this pleasure after the economy crashed and I lost my lucrative IT job. I am having a love affair with this hot and spicy chicken flavored goodness. It's hotter than fire flavor is currently making my nose run, thus clearing my sinuses. I believe it only cost 78 cents. Mecca, in a styrofoam cup!

[​IMG]

8. numeric

numeric
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rave: Crushed my Chordate Anatomy exam.

9. thevoice

thevoice
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rave:

Got home from work and what do I find on TV? Rudy! Mother-fucking Rudy! Everytime I watch this movie I get jacked. One of the most underrated sports movies I've ever seen.

Rudy! Rudy! Rudy! Rudy!

10. mrwarden

mrwarden
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

RANT Just found out that my ex-fiancee is dating the guy "who had absolutely nothing to do with our breakup" which happened two months ago. Right.

I could call her out so freaking easily. I'm friends with her entire family on facebook and all I'd have to do is make my status about it. I could destroy her. She deserves to have me destroy her. And I'm still not going to do it. Fuck.

11. Kratos

Kratos
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: After freaking out for the last couple weeks about job prospects, I got three (3) emails/calls about possible opportunities within the last 24 hours. Two for medical companies (one hospital and one eprescribing/eligibilty checking) and one for a political research/fundraising/campaign management. I'm fucking giddy. All three companies wouldn't be bad but the political company would be the best, especially since all of their clients align with my political beliefs.

Time for a celebratory beer! I just need a face-to-face interview and I'm golden.

12. Blue Dog

Blue Dog
    Expand Collapse
    Absentee Mod

Rave:

Some of you know that I tutor math in the afternoons. I only have one kid right now- a high school freshman who I just started working with after Christmas. Before I started helping him, his cumulative grade in math for last semester was 62.

He just got his report card today- he's up to an 88. I'm proud as hell of the him- he couldn't be a nicer kid to work with, and he really works his ass off. It pumps me up something fierce to see that he is doing well. He just took a test today, so I gave him the week off and told his mom not to worry about paying me this week.

Its amazing how something little like this can make you feel this good.

13. Fernanthonies

Fernanthonies
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Just took my first ride on my new bike (bicycle, not motorcycle), a Giant FCR flat handle road bike. Only did around 2 miles though, and my legs were burning.

Rant: Cost my just shy of $600, but its a pretty nice bike for a beginner. Also, I am pathetically out of shape. I felt like I barely rode at all, but I just about hit my limit.

14. Decatur Dave

Decatur Dave
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

RAVE: Just designed some fire and rescue shirts for an Atlanta emergency service unit. Small change for it, but fun.
    RAVE: I am now handed over the design project for an entire county worth of worker's 'support our troops' shirts. Even at 10% that's easily 2 gs, shirts are a high profit item when you know/are the printer.
    RAVE: Had a freaking amazing workout today.
    RANT: Out of whey protein powder.
    RAVE: Ribeye steak was a sufficient post workout supplement.
    RAVE: Love my E-cigarette.
    RAVE: I work part-time as a designer for a local publication. One of the guys that worked in the mailing department got ill (rant), and had to leave. He's a great guy, and I did my part by helping get the 1,500 copies post marked each week and to the post office. As much as doing mindless work at a professional rate is great, I was supposed to only cover till he decided if he wanted to come back. He's not going to, and a new guy has been hired to come in, relieving me of these duties.
    RAVE: In about 96 hours I should be watching Dropkick Murphys starting their set. Have been waiting FOREVER to see these guys.
    RAVE: St. Patrick's day is coming.
    RAVE: Starting two new regular monthly freelance gigs, one is financed with strip club money.

15. scotchcrotch

scotchcrotch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave Zac Galafankis is hosting SNL this week.

16. Hogie

Hogie
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Rave: Broke my dry-spell with a woman 20 years older than me(I'm 27). My mom's friend to boot.

17. Maltob14

Maltob14
    Expand Collapse
    Space Cadet

Rant: Sick as fuck and loosing my voice.

Rave: I sound like Louis Armstrong.

18. guernica

guernica
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RAVE Just got back from my couple of days saying in the city with the GF. Hotel was awesome, great view of the harbour, kinky mirror and a huge room courtesy of a free upgrade. We went movies, drunk bowling and I bought some books. Ate at a couple of nice places. We fucked a lot too. Couldn't have gone any better.

RANT Spent a bit of money, but definitely worth it.

RANT The movie we ended up seeing was Shutter Island. Awful movie. I wanted to see Men Who Stare At Goats which would have clearly been the better option.

RAVE This time next week and it'll only be a few hours until the footy season kicks off.

19. Kittie

Kittie
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Rant: It's Thursday and I am sitting at my attorney's house watching the finale of Celebrity Rehab. Why a rant? Well I have to go to the first of two court dates on Monday. I am losing my driver's license for a minimum of two years, and basically dealing with the repercussions from all the shit I caused while drinking. It's depressing.

Rant: I'm still stuck in godforsaken Tennessee for the time being.

Rant: See above.

Rave: Well, at least the anxiety will soon be over and I will find out if I am going to be spending time in jail or not.

Rave: After whatever happens, happens, I can leave this hell hole once and for all.

20. deltabelle

deltabelle
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

RANT: Shitty, shitty, shitty week. And then midterms next week! YAY!