Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Rant & Rave Thread

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Joel Raymond, Oct 19, 2009.

1. MadDocker

MadDocker
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rave: Works finished, weekend has started!!!

2. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Completed P90X plyo all the way through for the first time with no extra breaks!

Rant: There may be no water left in my body.

3. sisterkathlouise

sisterkathlouise
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

rant? where is the drunk thread? i'm feeling homeless without one.

4. bigtom0404

bigtom0404
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

RAVE: Since I recently passed the mark of losing 100 pounds, I've been looking for a way to monitor my cardio workouts effectively, I think I have finally found something:

Adidas miCoach Pacer

I might just order this bad boy tonight.

5. Frank n Beans

Frank n Beans
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rave: Had to order some stuff off Amazon, and was a couple bucks short of free shipping. As I sat there wondering what I wanted, it hit me. Fuck yes I loved this movie growing up. Can't wait to see it in Blu-Ray. Now all I need is Flight of the Navigator and Explorers.
    [​IMG]

6. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

So, somebody riddle me this... what's the deal with the latest craze of putting images in spoiler tags?

If they're spoilers, then I can understand that.

If not, it's just fucking annoying to have to click on the spoiler tag to see the image.

7. macduff

macduff
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

Rave: Bucks party for a mate tomorrow! Should be interesting, skirmish and then booze with a bunch of guys I've known for a decade or more, plus a whole bunch of bible bashers which are friends of his through his soon-to-be wife. The best man better not skimp out on the strippers because of them, but I've heard tell he might. He'll face the wrath of god (pun intended) from a bunch of us if he bails out.

8. 2PumpChump

2PumpChump
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

Rant: Slept on my neck wrong last night.

Rant: Boss gave me the wonderful news this morning that I'm gettting my hours cut.

Rave: Its FRIDAY!

Rave: The lady friend and I are going out for dinner and drinks tonight.

9. thevoice

thevoice
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rave:

We start playoffs tomorrow and word is that we've already sold 1000 tickets for Game One. Our arena holds roughly 2000 fans, so I'm anticipating a crowd of 1600 or so with walk-ups. For a junior hockey team in our league, that is an impressive total. Let's hope the fans are loud and that we can break the ice with a Game One victory.

Rant:

No booze for March and April. I'm doing this for weight-loss purposes. I've been cutting corners for too long, and I know that the only way I'm going to get the results that I want is if I make the necessary sacrifices. I've been eating better, working out and now I've just got to be patient with the process. Right now I'm 214 pounds, and I want to be flirting with 200 by June. It's going to be tough to turn down beers after tomorrow's win, but I'll be better off in the long-run.

Rave:

Financially this 'no booze' thing will be great.

Rave:

MLB The Show 2010. The game-play is virtually the same as 09, but the updated rosters alone makes it worth it. Now, to lead the Jays to the World Series!

10. gfh

gfh
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Rave: Passport application submitted.

Rave: Possibly going to NYC with my family on April 3 and 4 to see the Easter Parade. I don't even know if there is an Easter parade but I've never been to NYC before so I'm excited.

Rave: Possibly going to either Mexico or North Carolina at the end of the summer with my family as well. I've never been to either so I'm excited.

Rant: The last time I could have gone away with my family I didn't so I could work. Which wouldn't have been so bad if I had been paid for that work but I wasn't. I still haven't gotten that money. I don't believe I ever will either. Even though the board of labour ruled that the company that had to pay me and the company lost their appeal against having to pay me by a date that came and went without me getting a single cent.

Rave: As soon as I get my passport I can drive to Buffalo where my Boss said they sell cherry coke as well as under armor for cheap!

11. gfh

gfh
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Rave: Danko Jones is coming out with a new album "Below the Belt" in May!

12. silway

silway
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

In two hours or so I get out of work. In two days I get married. The day after that I'm in Vegas for a weeklong honeymoon.

WOO!!!

13. Rob4Broncos

Rob4Broncos
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: got my XBox back 1 day before I go home for Spring Break. Rather than repair the original console, they sent me a replacement one. Neat-o!

Rave: they threw in a 1-month Gold membership for my troubles. This solves my dilemma of whether to buy a new 6-month membership (my last one expired a couple weeks ago).

If you'll excuse me, I'll be wrecking people's shit on COD4. Hold my calls. Rob4Broncos is the gamer tag if you want to find me (for those of you who haven't yet moved on to MW2).

14. lust4life

lust4life
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Midterms are over--A's on the first two, haven't gotten the results from the third, but I feel pretty confident I did well.

Rant: Get to spend spring break working on two papers.

Rave: Still beats cubicle life.

15. Mash

Mash
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Rave: At the beginning of January I decided to train and run an 8K with my wife in April. I started at 265 lbs. (6'5") and could barely run a half mile. As of this morning I completed a 5K in a little over 27 minutes and am down to 245 lbs.

Rant: MY KNEES!! MY POOR FUCKING KNEES!!

16. MrPrime

MrPrime
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rave: Having a blast in Honduras!

Rave: Massive fucking house party last night. I left at 3:30 am and the party is still going on at 11 am

Rave: I am fucking loving my life here.

17. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse
    Call me Caitlyn. Got any cake?

Rant: I just had a brand new experience today; I had to fire someone because we couldn't afford to keep him. This feeling SUCKS. I feel like such a piece of shit right now, I just want to go home and drink the bad feelings away.

18. Sicnevol

Sicnevol
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rave: I'm listening to a song about Katamari by the Super 8bit brothers. I think I'm in love.

Rave: Got my arrows fletched. Some Neon Green and Purple. Kick ass. Now I can get back to being a bad ass.

Rant: Hadn't shot in a while, so I lost my finger callous. Tore a bunch of skin off the side of my finger at the range. Hurt like a bitch.

Rave: The contents of back seat are giggle inducing. I have a brides maid dress hanging from the hook, a cooler full of delicious dead animal, my Recurve and quiver, a tool box, and a shoe box full of make-up.
    Sometimes I wonder whats wrong with me, then I realize I don't give a fuck.

19. jennitalia

jennitalia
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Less work, same pay. Well... okay.

20. Nick

Nick
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rave: I just bought some new cologne. It's called "Epic Binge". And I'm going to be wearing a shit-ton of it tonight.