Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

The Pet Thread

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Nettdata, Oct 21, 2009.

1. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Meet Abu the flying squirrel:

[​IMG]

He's hiding behind my books in my old dorm. I smuggled him in at the end of the semester my freshman year because I missed him.

2. carpenter

carpenter
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

The little one is the female, she's gotten as big as the other and still acts like this constantly.

[​IMG]

Oh, they're both Japanese spitz. Puppies later this year hopefully.

3. Elset

Elset
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This first picture is Mindy. She was my first dog, and we had to put her down when I was in 4th grade, in 1997 I think. It was very sad. I think she was somewhere between 18-20 years old. When we put her down she was blind and deaf I'm pretty sure. When I get a dog of my own, it'll probably be one of these.

This next one is Carmen. She was a black lab/springer spaniel mix. We got her when I was in seventh grade. My brother's friend was moving into an apartment, and couldn't have the dog, so he gave it to my brother. My brother was waiting for his house to be built, so we were supposed to be watching her until it was done. Well, about 10 years had gone by since his house was finished and we had her all along. And I'm very glad for it.

We got her when I was in 7th grade and she was already 3 years old and amazingly trained. She would chase squirrels until she got to the property line, then she would just sit there until she gave up hope that it'd come back. She once sat under a tree that she had chased a squirrel up into for the better part of a day waiting for it. It had been gone for hours I'm sure. She ran into the street once and my dad chased her around the yard with a wiffle ball bat; She never did that again.

About 4 years ago she hurt herself playing with my cousin's dog who was much younger, and she basically walked with a limp ever since because we couldn't afford to fix it for her. The last year her leg was basically dead and hung there, but she would still run around the yard on 3 legs playing with my nieces and nephews. We had to put her down back in October of '09 because she just couldn't get up one day, had lost too much strength. She was about 12 or 13 years old.

Both pictures were taken on their final day.

Attached Files:

4. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

Well now that I'm totally depressed I'll add this to the "taken on their last day" pics. Oolongs last head preformance*.
    [​IMG]

*One day the same thing will happen to me.

5. Elset

Elset
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I've got some stuff to hopefully cheer everyone up after my last post, which was apparently depressing.

Here's a video of Gandalf chasing a laser. I'm sure anyone with a cat or dog has probably witnessed this behavior, but it cracks me up everytime. Lucy makes an appearance walking across, uninterested in everything. She's a fatfat.

Here's a picture of Lucy doing her best fat slob impersonation.

Attached Files:

#125 Elset, Feb 23, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  6. Ton80

Ton80
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I wrote on the old board last October about losing my dog, Nova, which was absolutely devastating for me, and even more awful for my wife.

After a few months, we decided that we would start looking for a new dog. Little did we know that after only a week, we would find the perfect new member of our family: meet Swarley.

He's an 8 month old black lab, and about the sweetest thing I have ever met. He is incredibly affectionate, is already house and crate trained, and despite being 58 lbs, thinks he is a total lap dog. I have always loved labs, but never got to have one, so I am incredibly happy right now.

He's too excited to stay in one place for very long, so other pictures will be forthcoming.

Attached Files:

7. Pink Candy

Pink Candy
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

[​IMG]

Storm tries to show dominance over Quint by lying on him. A few seconds later, Quint grabbed him by his scruff in a "I run this place, bitch!" kind of way. This goes on every single day.

I don't know how many times I say "boys..." in a menacing, you know better than that tone.

8. Ton80

Ton80
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I am happy to report that Swarley, or Swarles Barkley as we have taken to calling him, is settling in just fine.

Attached Files:

9. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Upon request, more pictures of my fuzzy friend Abu. Most of the pictures I have involve him nibbling on a nut because he's usually a grey blur.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I gave him a nut that was too big to get back into his house so I could get a picture of him.

10. toddus

toddus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The guilty look was because I caught him upstairs in a spare bedroom where he isn't allowed. Although this is the same dog that when I let run at the dog park constantly falls for me hiding behind a tree, after looking around in panic he drops to the ground and starts crying. This is actually a weekly event. He isn't very smart.

Attached Files:

11. slippingaway

slippingaway
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Well, I was out in MS working the last two weeks, and a few nights ago I got a text message from my wife that read "you love me, right?"

Uh oh, now what...

Turns out a friend of hers found a dog out in the country, just sitting next to the road watching cars go by. Apparently he sat there in the same spot long enough that she saw him an hour later on her return trip home, and picked him up. She put up some ads online, talked to the people that lived in the area, called the pounds in the area, etc. all trying to find the owners. After a week or so, she hadn't heard anything, and couldn't keep him, so my wife offered to take him in.

Now we have 3 pugs, a pit bull, a cat, a parrot, and an aquarium.
    Here's our newest "little" guy, we've started calling him Chunk:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here are two of the other pups, taking a nap with my wife. The pug is Remy, the pit bull is Maximus:

[​IMG]

Who says Pit Bulls can't make good pets ;) He's a vicious one...

Here he is with the youngest pug, Izzy:
    [​IMG]

12. Dcc001

Dcc001
    Expand Collapse
    New Bitch On Top

SOMEONE got a new sweater for next winter! And no, I'm not quite that bad yet as to dress up a dog just for the sake of it. He has no fur on his belly, and he keeps up with my Newfie, so he needs some protection when it hits -40*C.

The hat, though, is pure torture administered only for the sake of this picture, never to be worn again.

[​IMG]
    *His eyes are not blue. Trick of the lens.

13. hoju

hoju
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I'm in Charleston, SC for business and decided to bring my dog with me. This picture is from a bar on the water that allows dogs. This little son of a bitch is such a chick magnet. If I were single he'd have me swimming in poontang in no time.

Attached Files:

14. Mash

Mash
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Here are the two monsters, Jackson and Bailey.

Attached Files:

• jb.JPG
      jb.JPG
      File size:
      31.2 KB
      Views:
  15. Virty

Virty
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Then there was... ODC.

Attached Files:

16. katokoch

katokoch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

One of my friends brought their puppy to the house today and I snapped a photo with my phone that turned out kind of cool.

[​IMG]

The pup is a maltese-cocker spaniel (weird mix) but had incredibly soft fur and spent probably half of it's time airborne. Went berserk for a tennis ball.

I need a dog.

17. Brevin

Brevin
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

This is my dog Monty, hes a spoodle. (Fuck you, guys) Energetic little bastard but he keeps me fit. Also a mega chick magnet and is friendly as hell...

And this is him with my sisters cat, just to give you some idea how well he gets on with other animals.

Attached Files:

18. Slambrarian

Slambrarian
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

This is our girl Annie who we just had to put down last Friday. She was a 14 year old lab that my girlfriend got when she was in college. Her dad got her for a hunting dog but the trainer was abusive and my girlfriend spent years getting her over being terrified of people and loud noises. She was the greatest dog, super gentle with all children - they could climb all over her and she wouldn't move. We (especially my 2 year old) will miss her a lot. (this is her with my son when he was 11 months old)

Attached Files:

19. sprockett

sprockett
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

Smokey & Jasper.
    Smokey is part Persian & has the softest fur ever..feels like a chinchilla.

Jasper is...a ginger dickhead typical cat.

Attached Files:

20. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

For everyone who has repped or Pm'ed me about what I ultimately named my dogs and what they look like, here is Dixie (brindled girl) and Dozer (black, boy), at three months. They are half pit bull and half who knows:

Attached Files: