Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Rant & Rave Thread

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Joel Raymond, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Pinkcup

Pinkcup
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Who got an A? This kid. I was utterly overwhelmed with the course load this summer, so I fully expected to bust my ass for a C...or worse. Thankfully, I pulled some amazing things out of my rear end on the cumulative final (I ended up with a 96!!) and that bumped me up to where I wanted to be grade-wise.

Rant: I only have two weeks off before my next round of classes start.

Rave: The Dude wants to take me on a roadtrip during those two weeks. Awwwwww......

Rant: When we originally discussed these potential roadtrip plans, I agreed to them. But only because *ahem* I wasn't really sure if I was still going to be with him at this point in time, and there was no harm in agreeing to nebulous future plans with a maybe-FutureBoyfriend. Well, we're still chugging along and the departure date for this roadtrip is right around the corner now.

I think it's too soon. I haven't budgeted properly for the kind of trip he wants to take. I'd rather stay around town and get my shit squared away before my full classload starts (get an actual job, phase out the job I have now, etc.). Plus, I want to relax. For me, that means lots of alone time. For him, that means hanging out together in another city for an extended period of time.

This is going to be a difficult conversation. I don't want to have it. I'm not going to win. I always cave. Ughhhhhhhh.....first world problems.

2. AlmostGaunt

AlmostGaunt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant? Rave? I don't even know. I'm still shocked by the whole exchange. My work has hired a bunch of receptionists to help out the existing receptionist, Anna, who is an absolutely lovely (but mad) Scottish lady in her late 60's. This is the woman who once walked in to our office, with me and my boss sitting in the dark watching a presentation, and remarked 'och aye, are you two sitting in the dark playin wit' yaselves?' Now, my boss is the Director for the whole department, and he's not used to people casually asking if he is masturbating with a younger, male subordinate. But I digress.

Of the 3 new receptionists, one is an awesome girl-next-door who started talking to me about Lord of the Rings, one is a stunningly hot marine biologist student, and one is a pleasant but strait-laced Kenyan guy named Eric. My boss and colleague have put up $25 each on me failing to ask the stunningly hot one out. So, I walk up to the reception desk and start bullshitting, and my colleague comes out to witness. Colleague is on her way to a nasty suburb (Balga, for you Aussies) where a guy recently got jumped by about 7 kids and kicked almost to death. Anna calls out 'Be careful <Colleague>, ya doon wanna go near that trenn station! A man's just been given a beating there by a bunch of', and she starts waving her arms over her heard pointing at Kenyan Eric. He looks at her in stunned amazement. She leans down and hugs him and says 'oh not you Eric, just some of your wee little coloured friends'. We all freeze. The world's most awkward silence follows. Laughter is bubbling around my lips, mingled with horror for Eric. I give up and just walk back into my office, wondering if that actually happened. Did she really just compare this kid from Kenya, who is so gangsta he wears a knitted vest, a tie, and horn-rimmed spectacles, to group of Aboriginies who nearly beat a man to death, on that grounds that their skin colour is vaguely similar? Jesus fucking Christ. Surreal.

Rave rave ravey rave!!! I have a fucking huge, astonishingly good rave but I'm superstitious and don't like to rave until the ink is dry. Stay tuned.

3. Frank

Frank
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: GF called Southwest yesterday and because it was a mechanical issue they gave us $200 each, it expires in a year, but I know we'll use it by then.

Rave: Car tax was only $170.

Rant: Having to pay $170 every six months to own my car (this is on top of registration, sales tax, insurance, etc).

Rant: Income and sales taxes getting jacked again.

Fuck you Connecticut.

4. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I bitch about the 6 a.m. classes forcing me to wake up at o dark thirty, but I honestly do feel better on the days I coach them.

Rave: Naked smoothies are the shizzle.

Rant: I hate my fat ass coworker.

5. silway

silway
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It's a small thing, but still cool for me; my business cards came in! A little case and everything. Much easier to give out contact info now.

6. hooker

hooker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: T-minus two days until this:

[​IMG]

7. Firefnd1982

Firefnd1982
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

RANT: At work for another few hours then....

RAVE: On Vacation until the 9th of August, got a condo in Key West on the ocean for a week.

RANT: Impending vacation is making these last few hours drag like hell.

8. Gravitas

Gravitas
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Call back and interview set up for next week for a gig that sounds just right for me. Luckily, I kick ass at job interviews, because I am going to need every ounce of charm I have to explain my situation.

9. shabamon

shabamon
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

RANT: I hate the waiting game between the time you interview for a position and when you get The Call. I interviewed for a job I feel I'm aptly qualified for (it's at my alma mater, I worked in the department as a student, the interviewer's assistant is one of my references, personal friends with some of the staff, and I have solid post-graduate experience) three weeks ago. They said they should have a hiring decision by July 22nd. It's the 27th. I called the interviewer yesterday and left a message on his voicemail asking about the status. He called back while I was in a meeting but said he'll try again Wednesday morning (he didn't offer any details about my consideration). It's 3:00 in the afternoon. I can hardly focus on my current job.

10. abneretta

abneretta
    Expand Collapse
    Shenanigator

Rave: Got the crib put together this weekend. Everyone said they were hard to put together but it only took us about 15 minutes. Since the nursery is coming together I'll be able to actually put things where they belong after my shower this weekend.

We'll see: I have my follow up ultrasound with the perinatologist tomorrow, hopefully he lifts this damn pelvic rest. It's been two months since I've had sex and it's beginning to drive me crazy!

Rave: Next week at work I have to cover the shift I hate. This is a rave because after next week it'll be smooth sailing until my leave, this coworker has one more vacation but it's not until November so there's no way I'm covering that. Part of me is also very happy that they'll have to get by without me the week she's gone.

11. ssycko

ssycko
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: Why the hell is there no public transit into Oswego, NY? I have a job to do there, and being that I live in the city and don't own a car I need to take some other form of transportation. No dice, I have to go to Syracuse and then either take a cab or another bus service that may not actually work. God damnit.

Rave: The gig's paying a ridiculous amount. I just need to get out there.

12. Politik

Politik
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rave: I am officially an activities assistant at a dementia residency, an ESL tutor, and a legal assistant. Worship me peons!!!!!*

* Excludes board members with paying jobs

Rave: Following TiB advice and getting hard experience for my soft major. My updated resume makes me look far more qualified then I actually am. Yay!

13. Seeker

Seeker
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rant: Financial Aid office & the registrar are being stupid. Yes I know normally I can't transfer credits from there. However, you accepted them last semester, so you're going to take them this time too. Shut up and give me my money.

Rave: Get to administer a verbal cockslap to these morons tomorrow. Should be fun.

14. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RAVE: Left work before 9:00 for the first time this week!

RANT: Because I left at 8:40.

15. Arms Akimbo

Arms Akimbo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: The next person whose solution to my unemployment is to "start a blog" will get punched in the throat.

16. jordan_paul

jordan_paul
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

RAVE: Raise your hands if you just had sex in the last 27 minutes. Because I just did.

17. TX.

TX.
    Expand Collapse
    The Mad Pooper

Rave: My glutes and hamstrings are so sore it hurts to sit down/stand
    up/walk. I love it.

18. katokoch

katokoch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: My lady jumped on me as soon as she got here after work, took me to one of the best restaurants I've been to here, and just enjoyed the hell out of having the house to ourselves. Life is good.

19. McSmallstuff

McSmallstuff
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RAVE TO END ALL OF THE REST OF YOUR PUSSY BULLSHIT RAVES: My buddy MoJo is coming home the weekend after my birthday. This is a rave because he just beat liver cancer. Like lost 90% of his liver having a soccer ball sized tumor removed liver cancer. He is alive, and other than a few life style restrictions his prognosis is good

Rant: One of those restrictions is that he can no longer drink. But this leads me back into a...

RAVE: He desperately wants to go to our local watering hole when he gets back which will allow me to say, "Hi this is my buddy MoJo. He just beat liver cancer you should buy him a drink." (BigPerson proceeds to drink much free booze.)

20. AlmostGaunt

AlmostGaunt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: this is my week.
    Mondays: Recover from weekend with greenery and Spartacus. Tuesday: Drink with friends, head to local Blues club. Wednesday: Watch UFC 128 (I missed it while in Vietnam) with housemates, win nearly every bet, pay off the 9 shots I owed for previous drunken bets. Thursday: head to a cheap cocktail bar for their Thursday special. Friday: dinner at an incredible Spanish restaurant with an extremely attractive and fun girl (yes, she's been cockteasing me for 5 years. No, I don't have a chance. Yes, I've moved past that and can just enjoy her company.), then head to Luxe bar for the best cocktails in my city, where a bunch of my harder drinking friends will join me. Saturday: birthday party for a friend of mine, featuring.... some (none) of you may remember when I got hammered and drunkenly asked for advice about this strange woman who was long distance dating a guy who won't fuck her, but has less qualms about cheating on her / hitting her. Well, she is friends with the birthday girl and has demanded my presence. This won't end well, but should be good for a laugh. After the birthday party I have an awesome breaks gig to go to, at my favourite nightclub, with good friends and mushrooms. Aww yeah.

I put the fun in 'high functioning alcoholic'. Also, the sensual in 'non-consensual'. Ladies.