Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] 2020 CHRISTMAS & HOLIDAYS [NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, Dec 11, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Ho ho ho, Merry Festivus Hanukkah Christmas New Year's! Well, that's a mouth full. Since this is The Holiday Season, you'll get one thread. It'll be long, and it'll be big, but you'll like it, damnit.

This is decoration week for us. I doubt we'll bother with a tree, but I plan to do something like this:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

If ours is cute, I'll share a pic. If it's not, I'll pretend it never happened.

This year's signature cocktail, The Poinsettia
    [​IMG]
    Made with champagne, triple sec, and cranberry juice.
    What's your drink this year?

Focus: It's the end of the year and a good time to reflect. We all know some bad things that happened this past year. It's been a rough one for a lot of people. What are you thankful for?

Alt Focus: Holiday traditions. We discussed this a little around Thanksgiving time, but to continue. What do you do to set this time of the year apart from the rest?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Traditionally, I make a holiday punch on Christmas. I’m not into insanely sweet drinks, but it’s worth it to watch my mom slowly get hammered throughout the day and then try to keep it together during Christmas dinner. My parents never drink so seeing them imbibe anything is an experience by itself.

There’s not a strict recipe for it, it usually involves: vodka, triple sec, brandy, cranberry and/or orange juice, sparkling cider or champagne, and a few fresh cranberries and sprigs of cinnamon for good measure.

Unfortunately, I won’t be seeing my parents on Christmas Day because my sister-in-law’s dad is high-risk due to an auto-immune disorder, so we are going down a few days after they see them.

3. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You know what I'm thankful for? A job with less stress, daytime hours, and free weekend time. You know why? My digestive system hasn't been this regular in years. There is nothing like taking a good solid shit.

You never know what each day brings, but sorta like what @bewildered said - at least I know that when I take a dump, it'll be long, it'll be big, and I'll like it, damnit.

4. SouthernIdiot

SouthernIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm one of the old guys, but you don't see me talking about my bowel movements like you young'uns. What are you, Germans?

5. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Are you ashamed of your bowel movements?

[​IMG]

6. SouthernIdiot

SouthernIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

No, I just don't have an urge to talk about them in a public forum. I'm odd that way.

7. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

If you think merely mentioning them is bad, you should hear how I describe them to my spouse.

He has learned to emotionally brace himself when I start off with, "I have a confession...."

8. AFHokie

AFHokie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

[​IMG]

9. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I bet that plays any time she walks into the bathroom.

10. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Dudes talking about it is old and lame. Girls doing it is novel and disgusting.

Im thankful Ive turned the corner on my insomnia more this year. Ive had it lessen in the past couple of years and Im sleeping better now than 6 months ago, better than ever. Not turning into world changing energy but my mood has shot through the roof. I am happier and more content with myself than I can ever remember. I dont even really like my job and this season is off the charts more busy and fucked up and stressful* than it has ever been and it hasnt phased me a bit. Stress rolls off without thought.

*our company was not prepared for the boom in sales covid has brought on. We are doing 4 times the volume of last year and last year was our best year to date. Should get a nice bonus.

11. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Everybody poops.

12. SouthernIdiot

SouthernIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Everybody blows their nose but I don't see people talking about it. I guess that will become all the rage soon.

13. SouthernIdiot

SouthernIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Insomnia can really do a number on you mentally and physically. Did you change some habits that led to better sleep?

14. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    I figured at least @Nettdata would get a kick out of this since both of our father's were pilots. The first one is a father and his daughter in the cockpit of his Piper Malibu (God, I wish my dad had owned a Malibu...I've always loved those things.) He's teaching her about flying, lets her talk to ATC, and even lets her land the plane from the right seat (Which, if memory serves, is illegal as hell. I'm pretty sure only a CFI can land from the right seat, although I also did it myself numerous times.) There's quite a few times you can catch the proud papa gleam in his eyes. It brought back a lot of memories of flying with my father.

The next one is about 3 months later and she's just gotten her private. Dad bought a Piper Cherokee and has her ferry it (With a CFI) from TX to AZ. It's awesome to see not only her new found confidence, but she also had to perform her first no flap landing with a cross wind.

15. AFHokie

AFHokie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It may violate various flying club's rules, or insurance, or rental policies, (he owns the plane, so unlikely any issues in that regard) but there isn't anything in the FAR that makes it illegal.

16. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    I stand corrected, it's been about 35 years since I've really thought about general aviation. I seem to remember something about right seat flying and non licensed persons, but after all this time I have no idea what it may be.

EDIT: In the first video there is some ATC traffic from Sky Harbor where some pilot entered the air space without permission. She asks her father "What was he flying?' and dad answered "A Mooney."

Heh. Of course he was in a Mooney. Think of it as the Corvette of the air. High performance, expensive, and the first purchase of a newly minted pilot of means.

#16 toytoy88, Dec 11, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2020
  17. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

I don’t know about Kubla, but low-dose weed edibles help my insomnia a ton.

18. SouthernIdiot

SouthernIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Not legal here unfortunately. If it ever does become legal I'd try some of the ultra low THC Indica stuff though. My sleep patterns are all over the place as I've gotten older.

19. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

As long as both seats have the required controls, it’s convention, not law. (at least here in Canada).

20. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Daughter is watching Die Hard for the first time tonight. Which makes me nervous, because she’s only twelve and if she doesn’t like it we’ll have to throw her ass out in the streets.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.