Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Spartacus: War of the Damned

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Crown Royal, Dec 19, 2012.

1. T0m88

T0m88
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

CRIXUS YEAH!!!!!

Oh my God what are you doing stop raping Caesar seriously what the fuck stop it

CRIXUS NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Seriously.

What the fuck.

So many questionable things happening. I'm not OK with Caesar being raped, because he's fucking Caesar. Nor am I OK with BOTH Crixus and Agron dying in such a cheap bullshit way, from getting stabbed in the back by fucking TIBERIUS of all people.

I can only assume (and hope) that he is being set up for the most hilariously over-the-top death scene in the entire series. I hope he gets castrated.

2. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't like the way Agron died. Crixus, I'm ok with. We knew they were going down, they were gonna die. Crixus at least got to have a long soulful moment with Navea. Agron, on the other hand, got randomly cut down by prince douchecock rapist supreme with almost no fanfare whatsoever. He got a long little bit telling his boy he loved him and such, which telegraphed it, but...

There's what, two episodes left? We already know they all die, or at least the mains (I would say spoiler alert but it happened almost 2 millennium ago). I think the best they can do to end the series would be build up to the last battle in the penultimate episode, give Ceaser some kind of revelation that leads to him taking over Rome, and letting a great deal of slaves be truly free.

3. T0m88

T0m88
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Big money says Gannicus almost certainly survives. Also they never actually found Spartacus's body, though by all accounts he was seen to be cut down during the battle; so it's POSSIBLE they might have him walk away from it all in the end.

4. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That would be awesome. Maybe Laeta finds him severely wounded, drags him away and nurses him back to health.

5. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

It was sad to see two of the series' best characters die at the hand of a former American Idol finalist (forshadowing with the sword hello), and there was WAY too much 300-slow motion that episode, but it was still an excellent episode.

I think Spartacus will die, and Gannicus makes it. Spartacus in history led the charge and apparently was one of the first to be struck down (but I doubt they'll do it that way).

What I do know is: This is the show Spartacus we're talking about. Forget not what kind of season finales this show delivers. Each one in my opinion has been the best episode of their designated season. And they are ALL insane gorefests.

Looking forward to see what's in store, and let's hope for your guys' Caesar spin-off.

6. T0m88

T0m88
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

So I was watching The Hobbit today, and whenever Azog was on screen I kept thinking "man, his voice is really familiar". Then he roared, and there was no mistaking it. Lo and behold, a bit of google-fu later, and it turns out I was right.

Crixus is the motherfucking Pale Orc.

[​IMG]

7. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

God damn !

8. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Crixus and Lucretia as Marc Antony and Xena. Your mind is blown:

[​IMG]

9. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

No spoilers here, but DAMN !!!

10. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I thought the best makeup of the whole thing was

Gannicus' dark haired chick (Gwendoline Taylor) may have the best body I've ever seen anywhere.

[​IMG]

Overall, I was very happy with it.

11. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

What I found was I had to keep reminding myself not to hope for our heroes to destroy Crassus. So it sucked knowing how it would end, but I found the disappointment as it unfolded to be just as real as if I didnt know.

I've always been more of a lurker. Whats the board rules in how long to wait before openly discussing a show so we dont spoil it ?

12. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah, I accidentally used quote where I meant to use spoiler and it's too late to edit. Generally you wait until at least the next day, and people know enough to not check the new posts if they haven't seen it yet.

13. Bundy Bear

Bundy Bear
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Spent last night and this morning catching up on the series because I was away and holy snapping duck shit batman but the series finale was fucking awesome.

Can definitely see a spin off coming with Crassus talking about the triumvirate at the end.

14. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I didnt even notice your post forgot the spoiler alert, but found I had to edit my post a couple times because of what I was writing. No worries.

15. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Well, shit.

Not backing down for a season finale slaughter, it sure as hell delivered. Spartacus' last stand was the best scene of the entire season. I did not see Agron surviving it all, that was a surprise. I'm pissed we never got to know Sparty's real name, I guess is was meant to be a pointless tease all along.

Sybell is stupid hot. Stupid, ridiculous, unearthly hot. Like, CHRIST.

I loved the end credits, how it showed every single character and finally with Andy Whitfield screaming. God, what the rest of the series would have been with him. Not to take away from MacIntyre, he did a bang-up job, but I will NEVER forget the first season and the performance that Whitfield gave that was the keystone of it.

This is probably the first show that started AND ended on the TiB. Although it didn't have the cerebral, vulgar mindfuck style of the first season, the closed it on a high note. Obviously they're leading into SOMETHING with the way it ended with the Romans. History plainly states Crassus defeated the slaves. I'm pretty sure your guys' hunch about the spin-off is right.

We can all hope.

16. zyron

zyron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I really enjoyed the end credits too, glad I didn't turn it off. I kept saying in my head that they have to show Whitfield and thought it was great they saved him for last.

17. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

God damnit, people are raving about the end credits showing everyone. I guess I need to get it on demand and fast forward to it, cause I cut it off when it ended.

18. Celos

Celos
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I was horrified when Crassus took Spartacus' sword and was swinging it around in slow-mo. Seemed like that was going to be the death blow and that would have sucked. They killed him off the only way that seems worthy: cheap shots from superior numbers. There could be no one man to beat The Bringer of Rain!

19. StayFrosty

StayFrosty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Wow. For a show that was at many times cartoonishly over-the-top, that was an excellent and emotional finale. Someone mentioned hoping and hoping that it would turn out differently than known history, and that's spot on. If Whitfield was still around and starring I might have choked up a bit.

Also, as soon as Crassus' slave lover girl said "blah blah you're a man who does what he must" I had a feeling she was going to eat those words. They didn't show her being nailed up, which I'm both grateful for and surprised by, given their proclivity for gruesome and agonizing deaths of attractive women in particular. It didn't really fit well, though - they spent the last 1-2 episodes trying to show that Crassus rather than being a sadistic bastard was a rather balanced man who hid his emotions in favor of pragmatism and necessity. So instead of making up a story to cover for her, as he could easily do with his power and wealth, he has her crucified. Not for pigsticking his son, but for running away to avoid his son's repeated rape of her....which she tried to tell him about....but couldn't because he was having a father-son hardon moment. So basically it's a season of Crassus being a cold prick, but at the 11th hour he's a decent but hard man, but oh wait he's still a cunt.

I'm absolutely shocked gorgeous blue-eyed Kiwi girl didn't get bloody eagled in extreme detail or some shit; finally, the end credits were fucking great.