Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Finance Thread

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by ryrob, Oct 21, 2009.

1. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Trading halted AGAIN at 110% rise today. It was $11 last week, it's now $36.70

2. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

The balls on the government for halting trading out of "concern for public interest" when they are actively trying to get Freddie Mac to start guaranteeing second mortgages.

3. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It's almost like Congress and the Government has a different set of rules for themselves on literally everything than they do for the citizens.

4. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Almost...

5. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Well shit... DFV posted another twitter post: https://twitter.com/TheRoaringKitty/status/1790034263603139012

This could get really fucking spicy.

So much speculation that he's going to post another YOLO update that will blow this shit up.

Haven't even cared about GME for over a year... have 95% of my holding DRS'd in Computershare, but 5% in my "fuckaround TD account" to play with. It might just see some action today.

6. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Jon Stewart last night was so good. Too bad it's just a comedy show. If you didn't see it, or don't want to watch this 15 minute video some time,

here are some highlights:
    The average US Senator beats the market by 12% - they have inside information. We do our own exhaustive research or hire a financial manager to make our investments, while they have an intern tell them when to buy or sell. And, we're all just fine with that, I guess.

Congress is their own regulatory authority, and Congress has refused to even hold a vote on bills that would prevent Congress from insider trading on stocks.

But, sure, let's protest by tearing up our college diplomas at graduation ceremonies. That'll show 'em!

7. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I've heard several people refer to Nancy Pelosi as a "stock picking god"

8. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Naa man, that was just her husband. You know, when he's not busy getting beaten up by a male prostitute at 2am.

9. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I put $5k in to Autopilot, which mirrors the pics of politicians. I think I have it split between Dan Crenshaw and Nancy Pelosi, but there's others.

At 2 a.m....we're all male prostitutes, Juice, it's just a question of where's the closest ATM.

10. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

At what point does it get funny?

11. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Does anyone have a recommendation on a good online HYSA they use? I used to have an Ally account, but due to some stupid shit I won't bring up here, I basically had to drain that savings and shut down the account. Now I've gotten a decent payout from selling my portion of my parents house and I want to re-invest part of it into savings, but a lot of what I have read is that Ally isn't as good as it once was, so I'm looking for something else. A couple people I know have recommended SoFi, but I'm not familiar enough with them (other than they have the naming rights to the LA Football stadium) to make a decision just yet. Another recommendation I've seen is Marcus by Goldman Sachs, but that's pretty much just been "sponsored" results when I got to sites like Bankrate.com or others of the ilk.

12. AFHokie

AFHokie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

As someone with both an Ally checking & savings account, is there something that Ally members in general should be wary of?

13. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that I had to close the account because of anything on the Ally side. I only had a savings with them, and due to a personal situation had to basically use all of the money I had saved up in that account and close it out. It just seems that these days they're no longer as competitive in the online banking scene as they once were, so I was looking to see what other options might be better for someone basically starting anew.

14. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

@jdoogie Are you looking to park some money for a bit of time or just a savings account that does better than local banks? Banks around my area pay a paltry 1% or less.

15. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Just a savings account that will get me better than the paltry 0.1% I'm getting from my regular bank.

16. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Ah, gotcha. I saw the "selling a home" part and thought you might be looking to park a decent chunk until you figure out what to do with it.

Sorry, no help.

17. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

@jdoogie Ally is fine.

You can check out Doctor of Credit for particular signup bonuses at a given time if you have enough to park that you qualify for one:

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/best-bank-account-bonuses/

I have about half of my cash in Ally, and the other half in a brokerage account invested in money market funds.

18. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Deep Fucking Value / Roaring Kitty just posted a YOLO update in /r/superstonk

It’s fucking mind blowing.

If his calls hit, holy fuck.

19. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

20. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

"What's an exit strategy?"