Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Fantasy Basketball 2009

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by $100T2, Oct 20, 2009.

1. $100T2

$100T2
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Anyone interested in a H2H league on Yahoo, let me know.

2. mad5427

mad5427
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Are you planning on postponing the draft until we get more people? I'm trying to round up a couple guy, but a lot of people I know are already set in their leagues and hesitant to enter another for lack of time to devote to it.

3. T W

T W
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

I'm new to Fantasy this year, but know a decent amount about the game/players in general. I've found a few, but I'm looking for a GOOD cheat sheet to help me out during my draft with some friends tonight. It's a 9 stat 12 man league. Not even sure if it's H2H or ROTO yet. Any particular site that anybody with knowledge on the subject could suggest?

4. travis

travis
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

I would be down to do a Yahoo league. I've done fantasy for a few years now, so I know what I'm doing for the most part, and I'm always really bored at work, so I'll have plenty of time to check up on my team.

I am a really broke college student however, so I couldn't really do anything more than maybe 20 bucks a person. Anything from $20 down to a free league, count me in if there's room.

5. goodfornothing

goodfornothing
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

I'll play fantasy basketball.

6. $100T2

$100T2
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah, I'm going to stall it. If we don't get at least 10, I'm going to kill it all together. Anything under 10 is not really fun.

7. seantourage

seantourage
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

I'm down, just let me know the info.

8. $100T2

$100T2
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Those who want to join, here's how you do it:

You need to have a Yahoo e-mail. If you don't have one, create one.

Go to http://basketball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/nba

Click "join a league".

It will then give you an option of what kind of league. Click "Join custom".

Enter league ID 202176, password hoops.

Then, create your team.

Everyone who wants to do this, let me know when you are available for a draft. I don't mind drafting in the first week of the season, so probably Wednesday or Thursday night would be the best for this week.

I'd like to have this be a pay league... Up to $50 a team is fine by me. I've learned that people being invested in something makes it more likely for them to stay active. Let me know what you guys would like to do, and feel free to send your friends here to the forum and join up for the league.

9. $100T2

$100T2
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

We've got five teams at this point. Anyone else who wants to join up, we gotta do it now if we're going to do it at all.

10. mad5427

mad5427
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Looks like there is six teams now. Hopefully we'll have 10 by end of the day or early tomorrow. I'd really like this league to happen.

I have a couple that are on the fence. They are both already in either one or more other leagues. We'll see.

11. $100T2

$100T2
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If we don't get more people, I'm going to kill the league. It's no fun to have a league with 6 guys.

12. mad5427

mad5427
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

7 people in. We need 3 more. Come on guys/girls. There has to be at least three people here willing to give me $20-$50 when I win the league.

13. $100T2

$100T2
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The draft is scheduled for tonight, but I can delay it til tomorrow or Thursday. If we don't have 10 teams by then, I'm probably going to cancel the league. C'mon, three more people.

14. $100T2

$100T2
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm setting the draft for 8:30 p.m. EST on Thursday. For now, I've increased roster spots a bit to make it more competitive with the lower number of teams. If we get three more teams, I'm going to bump the spots back down.

If more people will be interested in doing the league for no money/less money, I'm fine with that if the rest of you are.

So, that's the deal: Draft is Thursday night at 8:30.

15. $100T2

$100T2
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Fuck it, I killed the league. We just had zero interest.

16. mad5427

mad5427
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Dammit! This really sucks. I only join one league every year and this was the one I was going to do. Passed on two others because I was already in this. No way am I joining a random yahoo league.

Oh well. No fantasy bball this year.

17. $100T2

$100T2
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It wouldn't let us draft with uneven teams, and I tried to get some random Yahoo people to join, no go. Oh well.

18. theking23

theking23
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I have never played Fantasy Basketball before, but I'll give it a shot It seems like you guys really wanted to do this, so if you still want to I'll join to make it an even number. I can't afford to play for more than $20 though.