Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Elephants and Jackasses...

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Nettdata, Oct 14, 2016.

1. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Not only that, he gave Judge Cannon a verbal bitch-slap, saying that she abused her power.

Now that that's out of the way, Garland better move his ass on this before the Midterms are over.

2. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The AG couldn't account for the PAC money, and the millions that idiots sent him to 'stop the steal', that turned into his legal defense fund.

He's far from broke, but his real estate game is hurt, if nothing else, by the accusation itself. While this case plays out, he can't use the properties mentioned in it for collateral, and any bank doing business with him has to consider the likelihood of a $250m case against him.

The most likely scenario is a settlement, and the sticky points of that will have to do with him admitting guilt or refusing to operate in NY.

The more he is in the news, the better for Democrats, especially for shit like this. So. Garland might make some waves next month.

3. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I know that Fox's entire purpose is to run cover for him, but I really wish some interviewer would ask the super-obvious followup: "Why would you declassify TS/SCI information on methods and sources? And especially why would you do so without notifying the agencies who may have to alter their tactics or get human sources out of harm's way first?"

His lie in many ways would be worse than the truth.

4. AFHokie

AFHokie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

For those playing at home, here's the classification authorizations. As president, Trump had authority to classify and declassify information, however he was still subject to following the guidelines proscribed within federal law. The president cannot classify/declassify information willy nilly.

5. GcDiaz

GcDiaz
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I believe that a settlement offer was made, and Ms. James refused it. She's got a case and she intends to prosecute it.

6. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think a settlement offer before charges are filed, and before she gets a good understanding of what penalties she can actually make stick was probably something trumps lawyers threw at the wall to see if it stuck.

I can't imagine a settlement offer being serious at that stage, or substantial.

I think a settlement gets real when the uncertainty of trial outcomes makes everyone more reasonable.

If there's a chance she gets nothing....she'd probably settle. She wouldn't settle before she gets an idea of what that likelihood is, and it wouldn't surprise me if that "offer" was laughable in contrast to the size of the penalties sought.

7. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

But as president, he can think about changing the guidelines proscribed within federal law, which means they’re changed, he changed them. Checkmate.

8. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I just saw this and laughed...

"Omg he's actually invoking the Secret Telepathic Unilateral Preemptive Irreversible Declassification (S.T.U.P.I.D.) defense," quipped Asha Rangappa, a former FBI agent and attorney.​

9. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This is the good shit: https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1572767142176788480

10. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I hope someone will use their magic to make Trump go away. When this stuff continues to come out, do you think it makes Hillary feel like, "good God, how awful am I that he was elected over me?"

11. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

It’s more like “how stupid are people that they voted for him instead of me?”

12. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

How I imagine those people start each and every one of their days.
    [​IMG]

13. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I did a bad thing last week... was interviewing someone for a job, and on his resume he used part of the intro spiel to Quantum Leap, slightly changed to reflect him moving from job to job.

"And so Doctor Beckett finds himself leaping from life to life, striving to put right what once went wrong, and hoping each time that his next leap will be the leap home…"

I recognized the quote, and then immediately asked, "you're not retarded, are you?"

We both laughed, getting it.

Well, the HR intern that was in the call just went wide-eyed and had that "oh my god that was wrong and what am I supposed to do now" look on her face. We had to explain the joke, assure her that we both found it hilarious and were not deeply triggered. She eventually calmed down, but I don't think she ever got it, and part of me is still waiting for a call from a VP of HR.

14. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I went to college with Scott Bakula’s daughter.

It was weird seeing an attractive woman with Scott Bakula’s face.

15. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Imagine how wigged out you'd be if you were a Quantum Leap fan and fucking his daughter... "did he leap into her? Am I really fucking Scott?"

16. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

She was one of those girls that immediately started dating a guy, and her roommate had to hang out with us because she be fuckin’. There were a lot of jokes…did she moan out “oh boy,” was her vibrator called Ziggy…

Scott Bakula was at graduation, but I didn’t get a chance to meet him. He was trying not to be bothered, so I didn’t bother him.

17. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I wonder if the reboot of Quantum Leap will be any good.

18. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

First episode is out and I've downloaded it but I just haven't watched it yet.

I'm not optimistic, because usually these kinds of remakes are absolute shit.

At some point I'll run out of shit to watch and then go to it to see how it is.

19. GcDiaz

GcDiaz
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

They don't have mirrors, just a poster with big letters, "Bernie would have won!"

20. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

[​IMG]

It's not technically a remake, it's a continuation of the story. Probably so they work in Bakula at some point and fuck with Dean Stockwell's corpse. I don't know how well the new one is going to work. The original centered around the dramatic social changes from the 50s to the 90s. There wasn't really the same level of shift from 1990 to now.