Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Rant & Rave Thread

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Joel Raymond, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Gravy

Gravy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Longish travel rant.
    Rant: I'm in the middle of a travel clusterfuck. My brother and I left Dubai about 27 hours ago.

Once we boarded and taxi'ed out, a passenger who was having severe stomach issues needed to leave. This caused a 2 hour plus delay. The flight was fairly annoying. We were in the toddler section. Across the aisle from me were two 2-3 year olds absolutely desperate for attention. The boy looke the Arabic Robyn Arryn from Game of Thrones. I wanted to turn him into Bran Stark when he was standing up and shouting. His parents definitely needed to Lannistered after they paid about zero attention to them. To top that off a person two rows back got sick and spewed over an impressive amount of seats. I was fortunately just out of the splash zone. The worst part about the 17 hour plane ride was that I only slept for about 45 minutes.

When we got to Atlanta we had already missed our connection, but there was a later flight. We got to our gate and watched Delta cancel a flight to Flint. We waited. And then they cancelled us. Delta crews were stuck somewhere due to weather and everyone was boned. We waited over an hour in line to rebook. There were no more flights today. This screws with me as I have a 6 hour drive on top of our connecting flight. I hope Delta gets there shit together as I must have my checked bag tomorrow .

So right now we are in a shitty motel 6 wearing wal mart clothes as we neglected to pack clothes in the carry on. We had to buy all our toiletries too.

But that's okay because I bet I smelled like the way Gart Busey looks.

Now I just have to stay awake for 5 hours and hope tomorrow works out because I can't miss work on Monday.

Rave: Back in the land of the free. More importantly I'm back in the land of free refills.

2. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

rant: i hate that the older i get (so this feeling must be really magnified for you old fucks on the board) the more apparent it becomes that i suck with computers. when i was younger, say 14-16, i could do fucking everything. i even did a little website html coding and stuff like that. now, i am the idiot who didn't even know i had an extra terabyte internal hard drive up in the guts of my computer tower. i bought another one because i thought i was just working on my solid state drive. el husband goes to install it and what does he find? oh yeah....

i now have a bunch of shit on some of those other internal hard drives. i have lost so much shit. where is all my shit? el husband's trying to get me to play a game with him and last night it got put on one of the secondary internal hds and i can't find it now. where are my freaking files!?

i now know how my parents feel, surrounded by all this newfangled shit. my mother grew up with an outhouse. i bet she is constantly amazed by our toilet.

3. Gravy

Gravy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

rant: i have to give a presentation today at school about "google." teaching technology stuff to old people who are disinterested at best and proud luddites at worst doesn't make for a good time. our superintendent even had to make a specific announcement for people to check their email once a day, so i'm sure they are going to embrace this stuff with open arms.

rant no hot water this morning. i'm dreading this fucking shower.

4. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

rant:
    good night. fighting nature/nurture here with my youngest. spending the summer at his dad's and now everything is "that's stupid", "that's gay", "that's dumb", "don't be a fag". he already has a broken brain/mouth filter and spending time with someone who, though he loves his kids dearly, isn't the best example of speaking with kindness, thought, or consideration has made him make me consider punting him a good one.

also.
    dear america:
    stop overfeeding your goddamn animals. your sausage dog with legs is not cute. it's not healthy. obesity is as bad for animals as it is for humans. maybe worse, because you fat fucks are holding them captive and not giving them the opportunity to work the fat off.

5. CharlesJohnson

CharlesJohnson
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

rant: crazy bitch in the house behind me murdered the neighbor's fucking cat. she came over a few days ago complaining that the cat was in her yard. not doing anything, just in her yard snooping around. she was livid that it dared be on her property. i've seen her chasing it away before. boo-fucking-hoo, bitch, it's a cat, who gives a shit. it likes to sleep on my patio and generally leaves everyone alone. last night the cat comes from her yard, panting and moaning, collapses on the patio. got the owner, took pussycat to the vet, where it dies. poisoned. so this thundercunt has laden her yard with poison. fantastic.

another neighbor is poisoning animals on the street over too. because a couple psychopaths don't want raccoon, possum, or cats in their yard, they're putting poison into the soil. the runoff goes all over the sidewalks where people and kids walk dogs, and then it goes into the sewer. golf clap. welcome to fucking suburbia.

6. fleafly

fleafly
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

rant: fuck this job.

rave: at least i got back my motivation to find another job.

7. Mexicutioner

Mexicutioner
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

rave: won tix to see grouplove, portugal. the man, and tokyo police club last night at the greek theatre. never been there before and took a girl i met at a show at the echo a month back. had an awesome time, grouplove was a band i wasn't really into until seeing them in vegas earlier this year and how awesome of a show they put on. closed their set with a cover of "baba o'riley", which kicked serious ass. portugal had a it's always sunny "day man" and oasis "don't look back in anger" medley that ruled too.

8. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

rave: just installed a nest thermostat. colour me impressed. i can now monitor and control the thermostat from my iphone, ipad, laptop, etc. i can change settings without getting up from my desk. my inner lazy shit is partying with my inner gadget freak right now.

9. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

rant i'm dogsitting for my sister and decided to bring her dog back to my apartment while i pick up somethings for tonight and tomorrow. i decided to leave the dog in my apartment alone briefly while i put my hockey stuff in my truck. in the minute it took to do this, the dog decided to grab my razor. out of all the things to grab in my apartment, out of all the clothes or random things he could've grabbed, he picked my razor which was up on a counter, he had to go up and get it.

10. Tim

Tim
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

rave: i will finally have my car paid off after five years. i bought my car and three months later i lost my job, with which i expected to raise the capital to pay for such car. but it's mine. now my former boss can go fuck herself officially. or diaf. i'm not picky.

rave 2: my car still runs and handles well even though we just hit 90,000 miles. i hope to have it for a long time.

11. NMW

NMW
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

rant: hockey registration tomorrow for my kids, $1400 for a 5 and 9 year old, after that buying all the equipment that doesn't fit from last year.

12. JoeCanada

JoeCanada
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

rant: i've been doing location audio for a horror film that's been shooting for the last couple weeks, and apparently there's some drama unfolding. the other sound guy (the boom operator) got a couple messages on facebook from one of the actors saying that he (the actor) really doesn't appreciate the thing(s) the boom op said to him on friday, then blocked him. boom op has no idea what he said to make the actor mad.

i'm 99% sure the actor must have misunderstood or misheard something, because the boom op is a super nice guy and would never be a dick to an actor (or anyone) on purpose. the director and producers all seem like good people, so hopefully my fellow sound guy doesn't catch any undeserved shit based on bullshit accusations.

the weird thing is that the actor seems like a really good guy too. he's always taken a second to sincerely thank me at the end of the day when i take his mic off, which i appreciate. makes me think (hope) that this is just a misunderstanding and it'll get worked out peacefully.

13. Mexicutioner

Mexicutioner
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

rant: i got this new samsung s5 for free, which is cool. unfortunately it is a foreign object to me and the alarm setup is ridiculous, so i was late to work today.

rave: it is a slow morning and my boss wasn't upset about it.

14. Angel_1756

Angel_1756
    Expand Collapse
    The Big Four-Oh

rave: a question that plagued my boss and predecessor for nearly 2 years just landed on my plate and, within 5 minutes, i resolved it.

rant: which tells me i work for an idiot.

15. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    rant: i've just been informed by hospice that i'm to stop feeding my aunt...no food or liquid, and to discontinue all meds except morphine.

the game is over.

16. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

rant:
    this goddamned refrigerator will not die.

rave:
    daisy (duke's new fur sister) is learning manners.

spoilered because it makes people uncomfortable.
    next week the husband should've been holding his first born child. instead he's fixing his motorcycle and taking classes. i don't have words for how much that hurts.

17. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

rant: today can just fuck off and go to hell. i took the week of to dig up my yard so i could do drainage. last weekend i put in lots of time and this past week i have been putting in 3-4 hours after work to get a head start on it. i have taking the mini excavator from the front to the back a few times. well it rained last night pretty hard, and i guess it turned the side of the house into soup. so i spend the entire fucking day hand digging out a fucking excavator.

18. katokoch

katokoch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

rant: it was so nice when my job wasn't stressful there for awhile, but now that shitty feeling is back.

rant: microsoft office auto-formatting (excel in particular) can eat a dick.

rave: i thought i wouldn't be able to go down to st. louis and shoot in a national match at the end of the month, but now that could be happening again now.

19. Mexicutioner

Mexicutioner
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

rant: a dear friend and driving force in my journalism career when it was barely off the ground passed away yesterday. he was a man i never actually met in person but meant a whole lot to me. i wrote this tributeto him yesterday and it sort of helped get the emotions out. tough loss.

20. zyron

zyron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

rant: i had a fun day today. someone knocks on the door and when i open it, it's a police officer, and i have just smoked weed 15 minutes ago.

rave: happily i see an animal control van.

rant: someone called and said their dog was attacked by a feral cat, i have been trying to catch feral cats and kittens in my back yard for over a year (i have brought 7 kittens to the shelter that have been adopted and have kept one cat myself that was too old for shelter to accept). i bring him in the back yard and show him a couple and answer his questions on if i noticed if they are sick, am i feeding them, etc.

rant: i ask if i bring them in to shelter will town accept them (nope, but i knew this already as my town won't take a kitten over 10 weeks).

rant: they expect me to spay/neuter and vaccinate all these cats.

rant: and why did this fucking happen, because two 70 year old lesbian cunts that live two doors down from me. my neighbor, who also feeds the cats told me that they said they were going to call animal control and make up a story their dog was attacked. then they gave them my address.

rant: so this is the fucking thanks i get for keeping 8 feral cats out of the neighborhood and trying to catch the rest. i am so fucking pissed right now.