Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

The Halloween Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by happyfunball, Sep 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. happyfunball

happyfunball
    Expand Collapse
    overly defenCive stuffed cougar

Is it too early for a Halloween thread? Are we doing a Halloween thread? I can actually contribute this year.

I was trying to figure out a good place to get my daughter's costume, so I asked my friend what her daughter was going as and where she got it. She said a flapper and she got it at <a class="postlink" href="http://www.halloweencostumes.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.halloweencostumes.com</a>. Except I misspelled it when I entered it and used <a class="postlink" href="http://www.hOlloweencostumes.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.hOlloweencostumes.com</a>. Completely different site. I texted her saying wow, they were pretty risque costumes and she said yeah, it's an adult site. We kept going back and forth a bit and I was just in complete shock that she was going to let her 15-year-old wear a costume like that. It just wasn't like her. Well, I finally realized my mistake and texted her the site I was using. She laughed and said she had to rip her phone out of her husband's hands. I was just relieved her daughter wasn't wearing something like this to the party:
    [​IMG]

Focus: Halloween.

2. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

Nope. Bump.

3. Currer Bell

Currer Bell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Ugh, I've been super lazy about getting to the fabric store. I feel like I can make a half decent version of this dress if I can get my act together:

[​IMG]

4. The Dread Pirate

The Dread Pirate
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Every year a huge group of my college friends go to Nightmare on M Street in DC dressed in the most obnoxious costumes possible. Last year we were clowns. This year we picked giraffes. It's unique, the head of the costume is tall as fuck, and they stand out in the bar.

Imagine 30 loud drunk giraffes stumbling down the streets of Georgetown:

Attached Files:

5. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I know we can all look forward to seeing at least 30 more guys dressed as Don Draper. That one never seems to get old. Suit, fedora, smoke, tumbler. Every. Single. One of them.

If you're a bald guy, Walter White is a gimmie. Just get a yellow painter's jumper or buy a long sleeve from JC Penny and you're laughing.

Or Dexter Morgan. Just wear a sandwich board sign that says "My Show Commited Suicide!!!" They'll know who you are.

6. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

[​IMG]

Trying to convince my wife to go with me as Ariel Castro and Amanda Berry (and it's funny because her name is Amanda too).

7. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse
    Call me Caitlyn. Got any cake?

That's up my alley appearance-wise, but I don't watch that show. What would I do if someone called me out?

8. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Get a leather vest, some jorts and be Stone Cold Steve Sustin.

9. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Just say, "I'm the one who calls people out." In an angry and menacing tone.

10. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I am the one who knocks.

11. happyfunball

happyfunball
    Expand Collapse
    overly defenCive stuffed cougar

I mentioned how I have to chaperone this party as a favor to friend. I found out I also have to dress up for it even though I haven't dressed up in about 15 years. I just have a hard time with costumes and really have no desire to go all out. Seriously, about 20 years ago I decided to go as an M&M, so I wore red spandex, red turtleneck, then got two pieces of red poster board, tied them together so I had a front and back and wore that over my clothes.The reason I did this was so by the middle of the night when everyone got tired of their costumes, I could just take off the posterboard and throw on a sweatshirt. Instant comfortable-ness. And I also like to think great foresight.

Anyway, I didn't think an M&M would cut it this year, and I remembered during our move my wedding dress was ruined (that's okay, I didn't really like it anymore and I didn't spend a lot of money on it; however, I wanted to keep my veil, which was fine. Guess which one the dog got into? She's like a houdini.) So I've decided I'm taking a pair of scissors to my gown and watched several tutorials on Youtube for makeup and I am going as a zombie bride.

I have also decided that since my daughter has practice that night, I am going to drop her off, go home and get ready, then come back as a zombie so I can try to scare the little kids that have practice when she's done. The best part is the party is the day after Halloween, so hopefully they'll think it's real, since, you know, it's not Halloween anymore.

I'll take pictures.

12. R_Flagg

R_Flagg
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I haven't dressed up since I was 9 or 10, but conveniently enough I usually wear biker boots and a leather jacket most of the time when it gets cold anyway, so if I'm out on Halloween I just say 'I'm a biker'. However this year I'm leaning towards coming up with some sort of costume; either pulling a gas mask and military NBC suit out of my collection; or dressing up as the Joker (not Heath Ledger's Joker, but more along the lines of this Joker http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0mHUlxWq7g. I'm not sure how well a Dark Knight Returns Joker would go over; but I like the costume in that clip/film; it'd be easy to throw together.

It's also occurred to me that I could pull a massive 'fuck you' to a special someone by dressing up as a gunslinger and blindfolding myself and stuffing my ears with cotton. A bit obscure really for most people; but I think in hindsight he'd get the hint.

13. VanillaGorilla

VanillaGorilla
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I make an awesome Walter Sobchak, so there you go.

14. lust4life

lust4life
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That's a winner.

Attached Files:

15. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

For scary/nerdy, try one of these.

I particularly like the Rahziel one:
    [​IMG]

But the weeping angels is also awesome.
    [​IMG]

16. Roxanne

Roxanne
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This year, I'm springing for this. Always wanted to exploit my ethnicity, but never liked the blue costume. I'm thinking of jazzing it up a little and putting more of a Middle Eastern, less cartoony spin on it. Whatever happens, I will be wearing pointy gold shoes.

[​IMG]

17. Slivers

Slivers
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

I didn't plan on doing halloween this year, but last year I put together a really good speed racer costume for less then ten bucks so I have some motivation. I was thinking of dressing up like an indian person and somehow incorporating the shiva trophy from the league.

Attached Files:

18. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Im going to be in New Orleans for a bachelor party over Halloween weekend. God help me

19. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

You should just be proactive and go ahead and go as death.

Yes, yes it's wasn't a word. Suck it.

20. Noland

Noland
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Some women aren't actual women. Just FYI.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.