Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Now Voyager

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DrFrylock, Sep 27, 2010.

1. Volo

Volo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

3D billboards, definitely. The computer chips are also very likely. I remember reading something about Walmart putting RFID chips into the clothing they sell to track it down after the sales.

Then what the fuck am I supposed to do for a living? Good god, if I even hear of some two-bit shmuck developing anything like this I'm going to hunt him down, skull fuck him with the business end of my dick, and destroy any prototypes or plans he may have.

Seriously though, I think it would be pretty sweet to have one. I could just ask for ingredients and still cook them myself. There would probably be a niche market for old school cooking too.

FOCUS: An energy supply that can take on what only oil can handle at the moment. We're getting there, but a lot of what's available simply can't take on the weight of the entire world.

2. E. Tuffmen

E. Tuffmen
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Will you guys settle for power laces?

3. scootah

scootah
    Expand Collapse
    New mod

True neural net to video out interfaces. I really hope that this will hit the market in the next 10 years - there are some research projects that are amazingly powerful - but I think it might just be my wishful thinking. I would be incredibly happy for many years to come if I could think something and have it come out on a screen exactly as I imagined it.

Digital to Neural net interfaces, where I can think it and it can be reproduced in someone's brain, with every sensory expression that their brain is able to process is the ultimate goal. Again, there's some really promising research - but no matter how much of a hardon I might have for this technology, I don't think it will actually happen in time for me to see it.

4. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Meh, then you'll just end up with a tuna can frozen to the side of your head.

http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/mlb/news/story?id=4524957

5. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I agree. I doubt that Einstein's Law of Relativity will ever be violated, much less in my lifetime.

I also don't think I'll see the day when my education is as relevant to my work as my professors like to pretend it's going to be.

6. jordan_paul

jordan_paul
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Seeing the Leafs win the Stanley Cup before I die would be pretty sweet.

7. Wadget

Wadget
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

How about a headset that reads your brainwaves.

8. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Just sayin.

Attached Files:

9. BL1Y

BL1Y
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm disappointed that we will probably never have an intelligent citizenry.

10. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse
    Call me Caitlyn. Got any cake?

A male birth control pill, and one that doesn't have the side effects that regular BC pills have on women. Since the female version has been around for almost 50 years and they still can't perfect that one, I'm not holding my breath for the male version.

11. FSB

FSB
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Actually that should be out within your lifetime, even with no side effects.
    <a class="postlink" href="http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/healthnews/7857262/Scientists-invent-first-male-contraceptive-pill.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/healt ... -pill.html</a>

FOCUS: Space colonization. Especially now with NASA becoming less and less important compared to the days of the space race, I don't think there's going to be much advancement on that front until it becomes a necessity, which won't be within my lifetime. I was looking forward to vacationing on Mars a la Total Recall, although without the whole aliens/mindfucking aspect.

12. scootah

scootah
    Expand Collapse
    New mod

They're dissapointing. A guy I know won one at a demo event about a month ago - it's a cool start - but a glorified mouse is a long way from drawing pictures with your mind or recording full sensory perception.

13. BL1Y

BL1Y
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think what most disappoints me isn't the things we won't create in my lifetime, but information forever lost to history, like what really happened in the Trojan War, or what the "Old #7" on a bottle of Jack Daniel's refers to.