Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

The Association 2013-2014

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by Parker, Jul 2, 2013.

1. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Sure as fuck didn't expect the Pacers to drop the first game at home like that, to fucking Atlanta. When the summary of a game is "Jeff Teague just went insane" you know there is a problem.

I'm slightly worried that John Wall becomes this years Curry.

2. dieformetal

dieformetal
    Expand Collapse
    Hurricanes Are My Bitch

I figured the Pacers would need at least one game to wake the fuck up. Hence the Pacers in 5.

Damnit Bulls, stop giving these lowly Wizards hope!

3. dieformetal

dieformetal
    Expand Collapse
    Hurricanes Are My Bitch

DAMNIT DAMNIT DAMNIT!

4. dieformetal

dieformetal
    Expand Collapse
    Hurricanes Are My Bitch

Well this has been an insane 4th quarter...

5. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Thibs is going to have to open up the rotation, because people got tired last night and it lost us the game. Jimmy had no more to give in those last 3 minutes.

Also, definitely need to amnesty Boozer mid series. Couldn't keep him on the floor because he's a gaping wound defensively, and wasn't contributing shit offensively.

6. dieformetal

dieformetal
    Expand Collapse
    Hurricanes Are My Bitch

Is it just me or has this entire playoffs(with the exception of the Heat) gone kind of topsy-turvy? The Pacers are in serious danger of losing the first round(which would essentially guarantee the Heat make the finals), the Bulls and Rockets haven't won a game yet, the Thunder are behind the Grizzlies, the Spurs are giving the Mavericks hope for some reason....black is white and white is black, I can't take it anymore!!!!

7. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't know, with the exception of Indiana and Miami, the rest of the east is basically even, and the the whole west seems like they could be pretty evenly matched. The only surprising thing is that the Pacers are shitting the bed.

I'd like to see Nets/Heat in the second round. It seems like Brooklyn has had Miami's number this year. The match-ups are great with Pierce/Kirilenko on James, Garnett in Bosh's face, and Wade and Williams can go stand in the corner and be broken together.

8. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

What in the living fuck Indiana? You guys are an absolute joke.

9. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Someone had to have gotten drunk and gave the team a TV. Like player on player action. Danny Granger leaving doesn't explain this. Bynum joining the team and getting minutes against garbage teams in the East doesn't explain this. Evan Turner doesn't explain this. Paul George having stripper baby momma's and/or getting catfished doesn't explained this. Someone got drunk and sodomized teammates, and passed on the clap. The only explanation that makes sense.

10. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Well there is that rumor that Paul George might have fucked Hibbert's Ex Wife. Explains why the team has fucking sucked.

Also, ARE THE WIZARDS/BULLETS REAL? I think there is a little room in their bandwagon. I might have to hop on it, because because as a Bulls fan, I can never root for Portland, OKC and Clips bandwagons are too crowded. Drake bought out the Toronto bandwagon, fuck the Pacers, I hate the goddamn Spurs, and doubly fuck Miami. Oh look there is some standing room...sooo

Holy shit, Bradley Beal gives no fucks. He gives less fucks than a person that doesn't have any fucks. His lack of fucks is magical. He was just hitting those threes and getting to the rim like "Guess what? I'm Bradley Beal, fuck you." He barely even got excited or turnt up after all these plays. He just acted like "Of course that was supposed to go in, last second buzzer beater 3." Also, Gortat needs to make a cameo in a Liam Neeson movie, as a villian. HE HAS TO.

11. ScottVanPelt

ScottVanPelt
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

How bout those Timberwolves??? Another season of let downs.

Mark Jackson got fired today, as most people have said it's sort of ridiculous with the results he's had. The owner disliking you doesn't seem like very fair grounds for firing considering all the other details involved. Maybe the Wolves can hire him! Teach Love to D the fuck up.

I also had to post sometime this week so my shit doesn't get deleted. Thanks!

12. dieformetal

dieformetal
    Expand Collapse
    Hurricanes Are My Bitch

That's the only reason that matters.

13. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Exactly. Players loved him, but he had issues with the front office and an assistant coach. That was enough to get him punted. Its interesting, cause from coaching alone, he should get picked up quickly compared to other retreads floating around, but would GMs/owners be wary?

Also, LOL for worrying about Love D'ing up in Minnesota, he's gone in a year or less. I'd worry more about teaching Rubio to shoot so he's not the worst shooting PG in NBA history (and I love watching him play).

14. $100T2

$100T2
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Can someone explain to me why Blake Griffin at 6'10" and a zillion foot vertical leap can't seem to block a shot? Is it that he just doesn't try? Or he can't play an ounce of defense?

15. gamecocks

gamecocks
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Probably more focused on getting out in transition.

16. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Other things that factored into it: he's rumored to have engaged in favortism, can't see to keep any of his assistant coaches on board, didn't get along with Bogut, had a very talented roster (so that discounts his performance), and couldn't seem to draw an offensive play other than "I don't know, Steph runs through a bunch of picks and then takes a three?" Rumor is that all the play calling last year was Mike Malone's responsibility, and when Steph wasn't on the court, they became one of the NBA's worst offense, statistically speaking.

I'm neutral on the decision but there are some valid reasons why the owners weren't pleased with him.

17. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So apparently the Cleveland Cavaliers were a coin flip in 2012 away from getting the #1 pick in for straight years.

18. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse
    Call me Caitlyn. Got any cake?

So do I start drinking because Kevin Love's getting traded probably before the next season even starts, or should I wait until the Wolves inevitably get fleeced and get nothing of value in return for him?

19. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

While a long shot, the best possible outcome you can hope for is one of the teams in the top 5 this year tossing their pick at the Wolves for him. Just be happy you no longer have David Kahn at the helm, otherwise Love would be going to the Bulls for DJ Augustine, Tony Snell, and a second round pick to use on another PG.

20. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse
    Call me Caitlyn. Got any cake?

Don't be silly, Khan wouldn't have made a trade like that. He would've made sure to throw in a future 1st round pick, a.k.a The McHale.