Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Rant & Rave Thread

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Joel Raymond, Oct 19, 2009.

1. katokoch

katokoch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant/rave: The one roommate I actually enjoyed moved out, but he left a bottle of Jim Beam for me.

Rave: My sister recently got a job at a Spanish immersion elementary school. She's got a first-grade classroom of her own. She loves it.

2. jennitalia

jennitalia
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: Sometimes I hate people.

Customer: Hey I know this is a final sale, but is there any way I can exchange it?
    Jennitalia: Ummm no, it's a final sale.
    Customer: Oh, well, I just thought that I could exchange it.
    Jennitalia: See this stamp on your receipt? It says "No Refunds/Exchanges."

Customer: Can I get a gift receipt for this?
    Jennitalia: I'm sorry, we actually don't do gift receipts here.
    Customer (staring blankly): ...but it's a gift.

Oh really, is that why you wanted a gift receipt? Because it's a gift... oh, I get it. We still don't do gift receipts, little lady.

3. dewercs

dewercs
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave- USAA is a great insurance company, they paid me out on my truck as a total loss in less than a week and the other driver was at fault. Found 2006 chevy silverado extended cab with 60k miles on it loaded for a very good price. New truck is now in my driveway.\

Rant-new truck is only 2 wheel drive

4. mekka

mekka
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rave: Against Me! fucking killed it in London last night. They played an hour and a half set with almost any song you can name that are must-plays from all of their CDs, plus a good mix of stuff they don't play that often.

Rave: My friend and I were looking for the washroom and honest to god just walked into their dressing room about 10 minutes before they went on. They were cool and talked to us for a bit, plus they told us some of the songs they were playing. We didn't hang around for long obviously, or even ask for pictures or autographs since we felt we had intruded enough but even such a short experience was really cool since they were all such nice guys.

5. Tope

Tope
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Rant: So the economy still kind of sucks. I know someone whose father is losing his job for sure, and the mother might lose her job as well. These are outstandingly lucky white people who made it through life without a single college degree. Unfortunately the first lucky man is the first to get bitten in the ass.

Rant: These people happen to be my ex-girlfriends parents. She happens to be my ex only as of yesterday. This news came to me all at once and she has to put more effort in school and her part-time job which might consume more hours depending on how her living conditions change once her dad is laid off. Oh well, at least it wasn't some internal force that comes tagged along with bullshit, lies and cheating. But still, fuck shit you can not change just as hard.

Rave: The return of A Perfect Circle is near!

6. kuhjäger

kuhjäger
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: My company gets some awesome emails. Being it is my job to handle the email servers, I get to see the best of them. On division sells science type gadgets. like this plasma lamp:
    [​IMG]

We got this email:

7. PewPewPow

PewPewPow
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: I helped my dad with firewood this weekend, got paid paid in liquor.

8. Fernanthonies

Fernanthonies
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: New graphics card arrived today, I can't wait to get home and install it. This is the last major upgrade I needed to do.

Rave: Halo: Reach finally comes out tomorrow and I can't fucking wait. It's going to be a very long day at work.

Rave: My favorite band, Umphrey's McGee, is finally coming back to OKC for a show on the 25th. It's been awhile since I've seen them and I'm really excited, even more so that I don't have to travel to see them this time.

9. D26

D26
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: Procrastinating writing a 5 page (double spaced, so no big deal) history paper. Honestly, it will take me no more than an hour to crank this thing out, but I just keep putting it off and probably won't bother doing it until I'm sitting here watching Monday Night Football at 11:00 PM tonight.

Rave: I'll probably also be drunk while typing it up.

Rave: Spell check!

Rant: Seems like a lot of work for only 5 fucking points (1 for title page, 1 for sources page, 1 for content, and 2 for grammar/punctuation/mechanics).

10. Fernanthonies

Fernanthonies
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: I keep getting friend requests from family members on Facebook. I have a standing rule that I will not be friends with family members unless they are cousins near my age and that I have been out drinking with in the past. My Mom completely understands this, thankfully (she pretty much hates Facebook anyway), but I've been getting a lot of friend requests from young cousins and ants and uncles lately. I feel kind of bad for ignoring them, but in my opinion Facebook is a social tool for friends, not family members.

11. LessTalk MoreStab

LessTalk MoreStab
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: In a little under a month I'll be in Rome.

12. Croftie

Croftie
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Rave: It feels so good to finally get to a point where I can budget my time effectively. I have a job and work 9-5, go to grad school, and still managed to get all my shit done this week. I've got 3 full books to read by Thursday, a paper due tomorrow, and a quantitative analysis project due Thursday, and I realized that I've budgeted my time to where I can get everything done on time without rushing. Thank God, I'm growing up.

13. McSmallstuff

McSmallstuff
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RANT: Stupid Michigan won. Another Notre Dame season full of disappointment. You Irish hating bastards have fun.

RAVE: Mizzou wins! Colts loose! Bears win, and the Lions might not completely suck. If the football gods are trying to make up for that jackass who can't tie his shoe laces, they are doing an adequate job.

14. D26

D26
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Done and drunk!

15. kuhjäger

kuhjäger
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: The first episode of the Simpsons is on. Maybe this means that they are going through all of them from the beginning rather than showing the same ones new ones over and over again.

16. TX.

TX.
    Expand Collapse
    The Mad Pooper

Rave: Tentative plans to go to New Orleans for Halloween. An ex/good friend lives there and invited me. Fuck yeah! I love Halloween and I always had so much fun with this guy. This could be both kick-ass and terrible, all at the same time.

17. redbullgreygoose

redbullgreygoose
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rant:Fuck typoz. durrrr...
    Rave: I'm attending a party on Saturday that should have almost everyone I know on the guest list. Even my parents were invited.
    Rave: It's a very formal party and I know they spent quite a bit. They'll have security, guest lists, DJs, open bar etc etc and it's going to be held in an expensive hotel uptown.
    Rave: Looks like I'll be coming home from school for the first time this year this weekend.
    Rant: Coming home from school next weekend. Back to my shitty hometown.
    Rant: It's a very formal party. There will be a lot of those high society types there. Oh well. I think I can manage to smile and shake hands without looking like a a crazy asshole for a night. Hopefully by the end of the night I'll have managed to keep my pants on.
    Rant:I get the invitation only six days before the damn event and I'm going to need a date. Looks like I'll have to go trolling through local middle schools.
    Again.

18. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

RANT: Got food poisoning. Spent the last 36 hours no more than 10 feet from the john. I swear I've lost 15 lbs in the last 2 days.

RAVE: Finally got some sleep and was able to keep some food down. And a killer ab workout.

19. D26

D26
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: Missed an important deadline. I am studying to be a teacher. The student teaching application deadline was last Friday. Not this Friday, as I have it in my phone/organizer. FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK.

FUCK!!!

Two outcomes:
    1) Student teaching in Fall 2011 (like I was supposed to) in a shitty school. Little over a 60% chance of this happening
    2) Stuck waiting an extra semester until Spring 2012 to student teach

In 1, I will be at a shitty school that will be a decent drive away. This isn't awful, as I don't care too much what school I go to. Plus, getting a job half way through the year will be virtually impossible, so I'd end up subbing during Spring of 2012 anyway. Also gives me an extra semester to get an extra one or two classes in (So I can drop my shitty shitty shitty Econ class this semester)

In 2, I'll get a better, closer school. Only problem is it puts off student teaching for another semester. This means I'll either be taking classes in Fall 2011 (night classes, if I need them) or I'll be substitute teaching then in an attempt to get in good with a school system. Plus, the wife and I have been aiming for next summer to have a kid, because we don't want to have it when I am student teaching. If it gets delayed a semester, it extends that window.

Either way, I am going to be substitute teaching for a semester. It just pisses me off, and now my stress level has reached entirely new heights. I'm seriously ready to fucking lose it. I know that this may end up being a blessing in disguise, and that what is done is done, and dwelling on it is only going to make me crazy, but mother fucker did I fuck up.

20. Guy Fawkes

Guy Fawkes
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: I just sent a customer an email that ended with... "Best retards, Fawkes (blah blah title bullshit)"

Rave:
    I can't believe I haven't done this before. The "G" & "T" keys are awfully close together. I bet I've been wishing people, "Best retards" for ever.