Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Rant & Rave Thread

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Joel Raymond, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Kittie

Kittie
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Rant: I have court today and a sinking feeling this will not go well.

Rave: At least my lawyer buddy was with me and is going to try to get everything dismissed.

2. pterodactyl

pterodactyl
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

http://media.graytvinc.com/audio/Woman+ ... to+911.mp3

3. effinshenanigans

effinshenanigans
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant:

The grocery store is just a beacon of awkward situations lately. Normally, I don't end up doing the grocery shopping because I get home much later than my girlfriend and so she goes after work. The past couple times, though, I've ended up going.

The double I-have-no-clue-who-you-are-so-I'll-just-say-"Hey....you"
    I ran into a guy I went to high school with and had no idea what the hell his name was. I thought it started with an A, but that's as far as I got. I could tell he was having the same difficulty and that his mind was diligently working behind those glassed over eyes thinking, "Alright, who the fuck is this guy."

Him: Hey..man, how's it going?
    Me: Wow, it's been a while, huh? I'm doing pretty good, yourself?
    [mindless banter in an effort to exit the conversation]
    Me: Well, I gotta get going so I can, uh, find a parking space at my apartment.
    Him: Yeah, I gotta find some lettuce, myself. Good talking to you.
    Me: Take care.

At that point, we both just kind of stutter stepped, grabbed completely random items off of the shelves nearest us--in a vain attempt to justify our even being there in the first place--and we parted ways. I left aisle five confused and with enough powdered Kool-Aid mix to last through the next year. I think he grabbed some instant breakfast and a vegetable peeler that was hanging off of the shelf.

I dug out an old yearbook later on and found out that it was Chris. Chris, if you're here somehow, sorry I forgot your name, and thanks for letting me hit your bong in 11th grade.

4. Beefy Phil

Beefy Phil
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I hope this gets stuck in your head for 3 days like it's been stuck in mine. I've spared you the agony of being unable to remember one single word of the lyrics, so that the wordless chorus plagues you in your sleep and gnaws at your soul. Figuring it out was like passing a stone. I hate this fucking song, I've always hated this fucking song, and I hate whichever anonymous buttshit source put it in my brain to begin with. Enjoy.

#344 Beefy Phil, Nov 3, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  5. Guy Fawkes

Guy Fawkes
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: I loathe day light savings. Leaving work when it's pitch black out is just plain depressing.

Rave: The mountains up north are getting small smatterings of snow. Cannot wait to ski!

6. cdite

cdite
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rave: For reasons unknown my usual bar decided to rent out one of their separate party rooms to a local radio station whose goal was without going into detail as I don't know what the political rules of the new board are. But I would like to think that 99% of the people here would not agree with them. Stupidly they asked me and my roommate to do a question / answer session. He was hammered and did not really answer any of the questions, while I sat at the next table yelling legitimate arguments against their statements to the point they shut off the mic and told me to shut up.

Bigger Rave: The hot girl who was doing I don't know what for the radio station thought I was funny and gave me her number, sweet.

7. ClaireV

ClaireV
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rant: I can't even begin to describe how much i HATE cleaning the bathtub. I will clean the entire house, top to bottom, with a smile on my face, but I hate the bathtub.

Rant/Rave?: It just started hailing outside...

Rave: The snow is coming!

8. Degenerate

Degenerate
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Rave: Booked an all inclusive in Cuba for the end of the month.

Rant: Growing tired of the Tucker Max Movie thread being opened and then closed again. Looking at its view count, there is some definite interest from the people on here to follow it and contribute.

SG Edit: The views don't count, the content and ability to stay on focus do. Damn Chater for starting and paying for this place. Damn him, his rules and his generosity!

9. Sean Daley

Sean Daley
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Rant: A week and a half ago I ended up making out with this chick that has been into me for a while. I don't remember really exact details about it, but I know it happened because I kept coming in and out of my blackout state. Well, we ended up hanging out again this past weekend. This time I was sober enough to realize what was happening, and I realized she is not a good kisser. Like, I was surprised with her methods. It wasn't like she was slobbering all over me, it was the opposite. No tongue. Dry mouth. It was almost a turn off.

How do I go about telling her? She's cute enough that I want to see where this might go. God damnit.

10. lust4life

lust4life
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: 109 on my assessments midterm. I have a 106.5 average in the class. Sweet.

11. annabanana

annabanana
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

12. Rob4Broncos

Rob4Broncos
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So I was eating lunch today in the dining hall, when I noticed a girl come in and sit down a few tables over. I couldn't help but be drawn to her; I didn't stare, but I kept looking over. She wasn't especially pretty or hot, although she had a pureness to her. Very feminine in her looks and mannerisms. At the same time, she looked very familiar, like I should know her from somewhere. I couldn't figure it out for the first 15 minutes, then I realized where I've seen her.

She looks exactly like my mom's yearbook photo.

I hate myself sometimes.

13. Silly_wabbit

Silly_wabbit
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Rave: My daughter took the car out solo last night for the first time ever, and didn't wreck it. I think she may be a better driver than me. Perhaps I've served as a cautionary tale for her.

Rant: Just by getting her driver's license, she's now pushed my insurance rates to over $300 a month...for one car.

14. PIMPTRESS

PIMPTRESS
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: I just wrote and submitted a paper on how a zombie outbreak could occur and what to do when your faced with them. Hopefully my prof enjoys my sick sense of humour. My grade is excellent in that class, if I get taken down a peg it won't be a big deal.

15. LessTalk MoreStab

LessTalk MoreStab
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: 1 more day of work then 3 days in Perth, its 34 deg C there today!

Rant: I want to punch myself in the face for only going for 3 days. It's a 6 hour flight not including stop over's.

Rave: Get to see both my brothers for the first time in 6 months.

16. satan rae

satan rae
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rant- My store is completely effed up with construction for our renovation
    Rant- My head office thought doing said reno while staying open would work out

Rave- I am off tomorrow and will be shutting my phone off, taking numerous baths and getting blunted

17. shaydlip

shaydlip
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

Rant: Written portion of my preliminary exam today. The questions were either about humans or behavioral questions, with maybe the exception of a question and a half (out of 7). Guess what I do? Morphology. What was almost all the behavior I studied? Not on the exam.

Rave: Wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. Fairly general concepts, except when they brought out a question based off a term in one reading. Skipped that one. I think I passed, but we'll see. You never know when you have to think off the top of your head whether you were 100% right in what you are saying or not.

18. cargasm66

cargasm66
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

RANT: Fuck you T-Mobile. How do you go down NATIONWIDE???

RAVE: I am no longer in trouble for being too busy to text my girlfriend today.

19. annabanana

annabanana
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

20. kuhjäger

kuhjäger
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant:

It is starting to get more and more difficult to piss after sex. Takes so much force I feel like I am going to piss everywhere