Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Rant & Rave Thread

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Joel Raymond, Oct 19, 2009.

1. lust4life

lust4life
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Stress test results came back fine, however...

Rant: Chest x-ray indicates an enlarged heart. On to an echocardiogram for further diagnosis.

2. scotchcrotch

scotchcrotch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave New adoption going through tomorrow, just found out the mother is in labor so I just bought a flight to Salt Lake City first thing tomorrow.

Really happy, weary, and nervous all at once.

For those who didn't know, my wife and I have been through infertility, two rounds of IUI, a round of IVF, and a failed adoption (flew into Houston only for it to fall through) over the course of the last two years. It's been a horrible experience I wouldn't wish upon anyone, but if this goes through it's worth it.

God really hate us if this fucks up again.

3. gogators

gogators
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Motorola Droid X

Rant: It's not mine.

4. E. Tuffmen

E. Tuffmen
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

MEGA RANT: I know we have a strict no politics rule here, but I just received this e-mail, checked it out, and it's true. I am SO angry right now I can hardly think straight, so if the mods feel this post should be deleted by all means go right ahead. I just have to vent somewhere and want everyone to know about this.

This provision is actually in the bill and will directly effect anyone receiving health benefits from their job. I just want to say FUCK ALL OF YOU WHO VOTED THAT PIECE OF SHIT INTO OFFICE. HIM AND ALL THOSE COCKSUCKING DOUCHE BAGS WHO VOTED FOR THIS SHIT. Guaranteed I'm going to wind up having to pay the fucking government next year instead of the large refund I usually get.

If this doesn't get to you, then check your pulse. You may be a flatline...

Should you want to verify this, go to <a class="postlink" href="http://www.thomas.gov/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.thomas.gov/</a>
    <http://www.thomas.gov/> , enter "HR 3590" in the search box and look for
    "CRS Summaries." This is what you'll find.

Title IX Revenue Provisions-Subtitle A: Revenue Offset "(Sec. 9002)
    Requires employers to include in the W-2 form of each employee the aggregate
    cost of applicable employer-sponsored group health coverage that is
    excludable from the employee's gross income (excluding the value of
    contributions to flexible spending arrangements)."

Starting in 2011-next year-the W-2 tax form sent by your employer will be
    increased to show the value of whatever health insurance you are provided.
    It doesn't matter if you're retired. Your gross income WILL go up by the
    amount of insurance your employer paid for. So you'll be required to pay
    taxes on a larger sum of money that you actually received.
    Take the tax form
    you just finished for 2009 and see what $15,000.00 or $20,000.00 additional
    gross income does to your tax debt. That's what you'll pay next year. For
    many it puts you into a much higher bracket. This is how the government is
    going to buy insurance for fifteen (15) percent that don't have insurance
    and it's only part of the tax increases, but it's not really a "tax
    increase" as such, it a redefinition of your taxable income.

Also, go to Kiplinger's and read about the thirteen (13) tax changes for
    2010 that could affect you.

Why am I sending you this? The same reason I hope you forward this to every
    single person in your address book. People have the right to know the truth
    because an election is coming in November. So vote intelligently, based on
    your values. But also adjust your tax withholding, or increase your savings,
    so that you aren't surprised and put in a jam when your federal income taxes
    are due on April 15, 2012.

5. effinshenanigans

effinshenanigans
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave:
    Just received some very positive recognition from a large member of the industry I work in. Not only are they impressed with what I've been able to do in a mere 7 months, but they want to find ways to collaborate because I'm accomplishing a lot of the same things that they are in a way that costs significantly less.

I've been running this thing solo since January, so to have someone else, who has done this for a very long time, go out of their way to tell me this is, in the very truest sense, groin-grabbingly awesome. It's the equivalent of me starting a brewery and having the owner of Dogfish Head send me an e-mail saying that while he normally drinks his own beer, he had a taste of mine a little while ago and now has a case in his private fridge downstairs.

6. ex Animo

ex Animo
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rave: About to get on the plane to Chicago with my 17 year old little brother. We haven't been to Chicago in about 10 years. This is gonna be a trip. I'm away from home and finally get to see the real city independently from our parents. Awesome.

Rant:
    It's not really a rant, but we are both nervous as shit. We are about to meet family that we didn't even know we have. My father, who is the only link to our family there, is too sick to make the trip with us. I'm a combination of nervous and anxious. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck.

7. Fernanthonies

Fernanthonies
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: This month is a three paycheck month. Instead of getting paid on specific days of the months, like the 15th and 30th, like some places, we get paid every other friday. This means that two months out of the year we end up getting paid three times instead of twice.

This means I am going to spend a little money on myself this week and I've decided to do some PC upgrades. Now I just have to decide if I want a new modular PSU and a big, badass new case, a 27" LCD monitor, or a 23" LED monitor.

Rave: Star Craft II is just about a week away.

8. ssycko

ssycko
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RAVE: Got the internship. It's only a few days a week right now but hopefully it'll go well. Can't wait to do bitch work tomorrow!

9. Kratos

Kratos
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: I get my hair cut at a nice salon. Fuck you, I have hair that has a mind of it's own so I get it done there. The women are also hot. I got my hair cut on Friday evening. On Saturday, I get this note on Facebook (Maria is who cut my hair - who I was chatting up pretty well):

So, I start talking with this girl. She looks pretty cute and is pretty fun. Also turns out, she has gigantic cans, which we've been debating on whether or not they're fake. So after some texts, we're meeting tonight for drinks. I'm feeling like a million bucks and I'm guessing this could have a very good ending for me tonight.

Attached Files:

10. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Ever have nights where you realize that you're not the person you hoped to be a few years ago, and you're doing none of the things you'd hope you'd do? And that instead, you're becoming increasingly content to spin your wheels in mediocrity and complacency?

At least I saw a fucking puppy playing his ass off earlier today. That was nice.

11. scootah

scootah
    Expand Collapse
    New mod

RAVE: checked out the pretty cool I write like service. Said that I write like William Gibson on the second writing sample

RANT: Said I write like Stephanie Meyer on the first writing sample. Fucking kill me now.

12. JDTheHero

JDTheHero
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Fuck you gillette, right in your razor filled asshole. When I can fill up my car cheaper than it is to buy your fusion razorblades, you know something is wrong in the world. In conclusion, go fuck yourself. Straight blade and warm shaving lather at the barber for me for a $5 is much more worthwhile!

Sincerely,

jdthehero

13. Kratos

Kratos
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So, last night was a piece of cake. She ended up spending the night. No sex, but definitely a lot of fingering, eating out, and head (horn tooting: got her off 5-6 times). Oh, and I wake up to this quote: "I know I said I'd fuck you this morning, but how about a good blowjob instead."

Yes, this is how I started my day. Being hungover at work doesn't seem so bad now.

EDIT: They're real, and absolutely fantastic. Perfect nipples, shape, everything. Don't worry guys, if I start dating her it will be my goal to get them on the Boobie thread.

She is also coming over again tonight, after I get done with the Twins game. Talk about awesome. I get to go watch my favorite team, at their new stadium, and get drunk, then go home and have her come over for some drunken fooling around (possibly sex). Work cant go quick enough.

14. Disgustipated

Disgustipated
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RANT: Broke up with my girlfriend tonight. Things haven't been going well. We sat down and talked it all out calmly, realising that our own situations are clashing and that neither of us can change them at the moment. Instead of forcing the issue and making matters worse, we stay friends and open to whatever the future brings. Still sucks though.

RAVE: I got to act like a rational adult for 5 seconds. It's an island in the chaos at the moment.

15. caseykasem

caseykasem
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Golf lessons from my uncle that should really improve my long game.

Rave: He's also setting up a meeting for me with a good friend of his who is on the board of regents for one of the law schools I'm applying to.

16. PIMPTRESS

PIMPTRESS
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Great weekend.

Rant: Should've done my fucking homework. Today and tomorrow are going to be pretty damn tedious, catching up.

Rave: Papers are easy for me.

17. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I fucking hate having poor friends.

I have a friend that has a bachelor party coming up. We were going to go to a Reds game, and rent out a nice suite. What did we need to accomplish this? $65 per person. How long have they had to come up with this cash? 3 months. And people still haven't been able to do it. I'm going to end up buying this entire thing on my credit card, and I'm going to be lucky to get 3/4 of it back.

It absolutley baffles my mind that a bunch of mid 20s people can't come up with $65. Don't fucking drink for one weekend, and guess what? There you have the money. Even without that, am I the only one this age that doesn't live paycheck to paycheck? $65 is next to nothing.

The funny part about this is I'm not even the best man. Fuck I'm not even in the wedding party. Im just apparently the only one willing to pony up some cash so one of my friends can have an awesome bachelor party.

I hope you enjoy this one buddy.

18. Durej

Durej
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rant/Rave: Kinda confused right now. One of my good friends wants me to move to Salt Lake City which was really nice when we went and visited. But now another one of my good friends wants me to move to Boise. Now I lived in Boise for 6 Months on deployment and loved it and always planned on going back I just didn't think about going this soon, Decisions Decisions.

19. fleafly

fleafly
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

RAVE: Car Craft was awesome this year! Record attendance and the best miss Car Craft yet!

RANT: The weather could have been a little better.

RAVE: Had some sexy company Monday afternoon, watched a good movie and spend the rest of the time in bed.

RAVE: Got a nice breathy thank you!

RANT: Lost one of my piercings in the endevor.

RAVE: My neice is so cute! She's been so good the past couple times I've been over.

SGEDIT: Per request addition.

I'm probably a moron but I couldn't find anywhere why I can't edit my post. I want to change this post so I don't sound like a child molestor. I'd like to add that I went over to my brothers to see my new neice and that she let me feed her and wasn't crying.

20. Mike Ness

Mike Ness
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Whenever we have stuff like this I use shame to motivate. I send out e-mails saying "if you can not save $8 a week for the next three months I don't want to be your friend anymore. I also send out weekly updates e-mails listing the people who did and did not pay. Sadly it's ALWAYS the same losers who come up short, borrow, or flat out get sponsored.