Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Rant & Rave Thread

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Joel Raymond, Oct 19, 2009.

1. lust4life

lust4life
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Submitted the last major paper of the semester. A small one due next Wed. and a final Thurs. night and the semester is put to bed. So looking forward to having a whole weekend without school work (and nice weather, too--90s!)

2. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

RAVE: New Minions! One of them is really, REALLY good... he's going to make me look like a fucking rock star.

3. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RANT: I saw one of the probation employees when I was buying some wine at the grocery store, and I know she saw me. I hope this doesn't get back to my officer. It probably will though. Oh well.

4. Volo

Volo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RAVE: $60 nachos!

RANT: Possible heart failure.

5. katokoch

katokoch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Made it through the bulk of my finals and did pretty well... kinda weak on one project but I smoked the presentation I had today on my business plan in front of a tough panel my professor pulled in. He made me go last so I had the entire class period for it, meaning it went on for an hour. My group did an awesome job during the presentation and there was a ton of Q & A that fell on me but I have never been more prepared for something like this. I'll be meeting with a couple guys in the near future. Feels good to end the semester like this.

Rant
    : My face hurts and I can't talk. Work absolutely blew today.
    I had to fight this bastard all afternoon and wanted to shotgun it by the time I was done.

[​IMG]

THERE IS NO PAPER JAM IF THERE IS NO PAPER IN THE FUCKING PRINTER!!!
    Rave: BBQ, beer, bud, and tomorrow- boobs.

Rave: Smart boobs. My girlfriend is graduating on Saturday with highest distinction. She works her ass off and I'm glad she's getting recognized for it.

6. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Rave: On this business trip for two weeks with a $100/day food stipend.

Rant: I'm only 4 days in and I'm already sick of eating out.

The grass is always greener...

7. zyron

zyron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: Fuck Home Depot. I was just walking by to go to the grocery store but they still piss me off. As I am walking by I see an older couple in their 70's (him with a walker) trying to put a box of bathroom tiles in their car. She couldn't even move it in the cart. I ask if they need help and put it in their car. She tells me they have been outside for 20 minutes and kept asking for help from the people inside but no one came.

Seriously, you couldn't have an employee go out for 10 seconds to help these people. And Fuck all the people who walked by without helping them.

8. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RANT: Dear life,

[​IMG]

9. taste_my_rainbow

taste_my_rainbow
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Charity event Saturday that I'm honored to be a part of.

Rave: Smitten with the new man.

Rant: Won't get to see new man again til next week.

Rave: Tomorrow is payday!

10. BakedBean

BakedBean
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rave: I got my security deposit back from my old apartment complex today. They told me before I turned in the keys that I would be getting $200 back. Damn near jizzed my zipper shut when I opened the envelope to a cool sum of $840 - and just in the nick of time since that drunken binge last weekend put me overbudget.

It being Cinco de Mayo, guess what I bought on the way home.

11. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rest in peace Uncle Artie.

12. Chirpy

Chirpy
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

RANT: Holy crap, I agree with Michael Moore on something.

RAVE: The older Michael Moore gets, the more he looks like Peter Griffin. It's awesome.

13. fleafly

fleafly
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

RAVE: Finally found out why I've been getting the cold shoulder.

RANT: Turns out it was something I did.

RANT: She was super pissed.

RAVE: After everything was said the tension eased and we started talking like normal.

RANT: She still wasn't all lovey, touchy feely like nothing was wrong.

RAVE: I think it's just going to take a little time and things will be back to normal.

14. PewPewPow

PewPewPow
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RAVE Hells the fuck yeah! I just got done buying my ticket to Indonesia for the summer. I can't wait to get the fuck out of here.
    RAVE We got a twenty hour layover in Tokyo. We will get shit-faced and barely make it to our flight.

15. Diablo

Diablo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Nashville tomorrow for the weekend.

Rave: I planned the shit out of that bitch...and it only took an hour.

Rant: I feel kind of bad for leaving my partner out of the planning process, but hey, he was flying today.

Rave: WOOOO!! Stupid country girls!!!

16. Gravitas

Gravitas
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: Fuck. Ever do something and immediately regret it. I just made a fucking stupid move. Even beforehand I told myself that this had a 90% chance of turning into a situation where I am left holding the bag of shit, but I went for it anyway.

Spoiler to get it off my chest, so I can sleep.
    I'm a landlord and my tenants aren't of the highest caliber. I have been having a lot of noise problems latelyt and the only real way to deal with those is to get my ass out of bed and write people up. (3 write ups and I can terminate their lease). It's 11:30 pm and there is a kid in the parking lot causing all sorts of racket. Yelling and running and shit, while his mom just stands and watches him. I let it go and let it go. Finally I get up and get dressed and stand outside watching like a fucking creep, but the kid is inside. I stay to watch just in case he comes back out. He does and starts yelling a bit (he is 4 I think) I go to his mom and tell them that the need to go inside, because they are being too loud. The kid picks up a stick and starts beating the hood of a car. She tries to grab him he bolts and starts to cry. Making everything fucking worse. Sign 1 that I should just say fuck it and go to bed.

But no. I figure since I am already up I will stand outside for a minute and see if the kid comes back outside. A white car pulls up in front of a unit that has been causing a shit ton of trouble 501, so I decide to wait it out in case I need to callt the cops or something. People get out and go into the unit above502. A girl comes out of 502 that has been a fucking pain in my ass since day one. She has complained to everyone under the sun about me for various baseless shit. She causes drama everywhere she goes. One of her chief complaints of late has been about the noise at night. Understandable. I'm trying to get it under control. She appears to be having a conversation with the driver of the car. Not really a big deal, though a car running it's engine 12 feet away from a bedroom window is sort of annoying. But I let it be. I stand there and watch. Their conversation gets a little loud and their voices carry over the lot. I hope that she will just say goodbye and be done with it. Not happening the voices get louder again.

I can go inside and be done with this and just try to sleep. Or I can do the right thing and enforce the rules on her the same as I enforce them on everyone else. I should have just gone to fucking bed.

I go over and she says this is my brother. I stupidly decide to take a pretty hard line and straight up say they are being too loud and need to go inside. She launches into a fucking tirade cursing me out. I need to get out of her fucking face (I was a solid 5 feet away) I never tell any of these other motherfuckers running around to go inside (I was just outside doing that) I must be out of my fucking mind (I agree, but for a different reason of course) No one even complained so it doesn't even fucking matter etc. I stand there. She finishes her conversation. She then walks away and starts saying shit fairly loud. But with my back turned and her walking away I can't make it out. I say what? and she turns around, but I can't really make anything out besides curse words.

Now I'm in a fucking pickle. She is going to complain about someone to this as well. Whether it is my boss, a third party agency, the pope, who knows. And I didn't get anything out of it. All I did was pour some gasoline on the fire. So so stupid.

The worst part is I didn't get paid for any of this shit really. If you hate your job shouldn't you at least get paid reasonably well for it?

The bigger rant of all this I suppose is that I am stuck doing this job. My situation is my fault and I can't figure out how to undo it.

TL;DR: It's never lupus.

17. Bundy Bear

Bundy Bear
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: Surgery next week.

Rave: At least two weeks off work for it. Maybe 4.

18. toddus

toddus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: Fuck I hate being in India.

Rave: I am currently sporting a Ron Swanson size moustache and am complimented on it almost daily. So the people are ok by me.

19. FreeCorps

FreeCorps
    Expand Collapse
    #1 Internet Boo

Accounting Rant: Dear fuckheads:

I hope you all die of dick herpes. You ask for the month end close to be done by the 6th, yet you continue to expect us to put out little fires and answer jackass questions. Either this shit gets done quickly, or it gets done accurately. You can't have both.

20. Chirpy

Chirpy
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

RAVE: Sanuk yoga mat flip flops. I've never been more comfortable in my life. It's like when you find the perfect cold spot on the pillow and hit the snooze kind of comfortable. Fuck yes.