Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

That's a Dealbreaker

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Roxanne, Feb 27, 2010.

1. Roxanne

Roxanne
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Tonight I was surrounded by a multitude of successful, fairly attractive men. Being Persian, they all were wearing shiny shirts and belts.

After talking to some of them, I realized they were all fairly decent guys, but I just couldn't take them seriously. I mean, if I can't look at their shirts without getting blinded, it's safe to say there is no potential for a relationship.

I despaired that "peacocking" (hate that term) had to be so undesirable, because otherwise these would be great guys, but I just can't stand the damn shiny shirts.

So I wondered, what other hangups do people have? Is everything going fine on a date until they mention they have three cats? Does monkey neck make your stomach churn? Do you find the hooker in the freezer too cliche to be sexy?

Focus: What absolutely turns you off from a person?

2. PIMPTRESS

PIMPTRESS
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Men with long hair are quite unattractive to me. I'm talking about hair long enough to put it into a ponytail. Unless you are Native American, then it is hot.

Men who wear makeup are definitely out, unless they are a rock star on stage.

Men who live in their mom's basement. No fucking way.

3. Sponge

Sponge
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

A bad laugh. I tend to joke around a lot so a woman with a bad laugh is just plain out. Laugh like a sheep in heat? Sorry it's not going to work out.

The absolute worst though was this one girl I dated for a while in college that had NO laugh. She was one of those rare soul-less people that hears/sees something funny and just never laughs. At best you get what looks like a patronizing smile and a "that's funny. You're funny." I thought I was bombing big time till the mutual friend that introduced us told me she's been like that since they were kids and they'd known each other since 1st grade. Ugh. No thanks. So creepy.

4. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Sanity.

5. Fernanthonies

Fernanthonies
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm pretty much the opposite of this as I have never really liked short hair on women. Everyone once in a while you see a girl who can really pull it off, but in general I want shoulder length or longer.

Another big turn off for me is the 'tomboy' type of girl. If I'm gonna date someone I want her to dress and act like a girl, which means heels and makeup and that sort of thing. I dated a girl once who was pretty cool but she was a bit of a hippy, so it was always jeans and t-shirts and a minimum of makeup. That's fine from time to time, but not when its constant.

If that makes me shallow, so be it.

6. mya

mya
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Bad teeth. Can't do it. The thought of those teeth in that mouth touching me anywhere just makes me shudder. I'm talking really yellow, really crooked, really missing, anything.

Body odor, which should be a given, so let me explain more. I hear that Brad Pitt has some hygiene issues and could possible smell bad. I have seen some pictures of him that supported that little piece of celebrity gossip. If that was the case, as much as it would pain me, I really would have to kick him out of bed.

7. jennitalia

jennitalia
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It's a deal breaker for me if you:
    Own anything Ed Hardy.
    Are prettier than I am.
    Like Nickleback.
    Don't like chocolate milk.

8. Happy

Happy
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Laughs... Some of the hottest women I've ever met have had the worst laughs.

9. c_norris

c_norris
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Clinginess/hyperinsecurity. Never again, man, never again.

10. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

So, you're gay?

11. thevoice

thevoice
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

My Female Dealbreakers:

- Arm-Pit Hair.

I understand that during winter months, you'll go days/weeks without shaving your legs. I get that, I appreciate that. However, there is NO excuse to have hair under your arms. I see arm-pit hair on a pretty girl, and I'm repulsed.

- Text-Talking.

The second I hear a girl say, "O-M-G' rather than Oh My God/Gosh/Goodness, I will lose enormous amounts of respect for her.

- Bag-Whores.

If they've spent more money on their bag/purse than the rest of their outfit than I'm out. I know it's because I'm a guy, but I cannot even fathom spending $2000 plus on a bag. One of my old co-workers would literally go out and buy a new bag every month or so. She was also a text-talker. I pity her future husband(s).

12. amjoyce

amjoyce
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Aside from the normal things like kids, bad hygiene, being ugly, I can't be with a woman who isn't currently in college or doesn't have some form of degree. Generally to me this signifies a lack of motivation or just plain laziness. I've only broken that once for a massage therapist (getting certified is somewhat similar to a degree) cause who would turn away tons of free massages anyway?

Bad teeth have to go and I don't want to be unrealistic, but a body weight more than half of mine (i.e. 125) is unacceptable unless shes 6' or something.

Now throw in a girl with some interesting fetishes and I'm down.

13. Elset

Elset
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Ugg boots, or any similar kind of boot. Also, rubber golashes or whatever they're called these days. Especially if she's dragging her feet. If you're going to wear hideous boots, don't draw my attention to them by dragging your feet. And don't wear any skirts or stretchy pants or whatever that will amplify how big the damn boots look compared to the rest of you.

While I guess this technically wouldn't be a deal breaker, it is one of my biggest pet peeves.

14. Baxpin

Baxpin
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

People who are hyper-reactive to small things. For example, I was watching a movie with a girl who flipped out when a small spider walked across the floor. It was 8 feet away and not moving in our direction, yet she was standing on the couch. If it's not a camel spider with fangs that are dripping blood or have a small child still caught in them, there's no reason for anyone to lose their composure. Chill the fuck out while I either set it free, or smash it with your shoe.

Anyone who can't chew with their mouth closed, or talks with their mouth full. At some point along the way it seems like this became optional, and it blows my mind. If I ask them to stop, it results in an awkward moment, and makes me look like an ass.

15. Samr

Samr
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'll second the ugg boots, and add excessive makeup. Look, I understand some women have had problems with acne, or are insecure about whatever, but you don't need to look like someone took a fire extinguisher directly to your face.

Two more things: excessively hairy arms (brunettes usually have a worse run of this), and fucked up feet.... I'm not sure why, but that shits' just not cool.

And I thought the armpit hair was a given?

16. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Independence, or at least, a spark thereof.

I know far too many people who, aside from their age, are still children when it comes to their parents' involvement in their lives. What to study in university, what to do with their lives, which types of boys are appropriate to go out with, calling home to ask permission if they can hang out after an exam, etc. Separate from this, there's a fair number of people who, well into the age where they should be establishing financial independence, are still receiving enormous purchases from their parents; cars, vacations, Coach bags, so forth. Living with your parents in your early 20's is one thing, as is having them support you financially through school, but that's a far cry from sublimating every inch of self-determination or letting someone else pay for an extravagant lifestyle.

17. Frank n Beans

Frank n Beans
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Smoking. I grew up in a house where most of my life my dad smoked, but I would not want to deal with it from someone I was dating. I just don't see how people can do it anymore not only for the health risks, but how the hell can you afford it?

Has to have a sense of humor. I like to joke around a lot and so do all my friends, so if you wouldn't enjoy being around that it'd be tough to be around me. Along this same line is if they were ditsy and I would always have to explain stuff to them. A friend of mine's wife falls very much into this and it's a drag to be around her.

18. Natty

Natty
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Alien-like labia. It frightens me.

19. BakedBean

BakedBean
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

If she believes Loose Change is true, or believes in any way that anyone other than Al Qaida committed 9/11. I had a girlfriend who fell for that crackpot bullshit once, and it was all downhill after that. As I told her, that isn't about politics, that's about credulity and logical thinking.

Turns out women who can be talked into anything isn't always hitting the jackpot.

20. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Good lord yes. I really can't stand that caked on flesh toned make up shit girl use to paint their faces with. I went to get a hair cut the other week and the girl at the register, from a distance, looked fairly attractive. Until you saw that she had a solid half inch of make up layered on her entire face. There is a powdery fragrance with make up and it makes me sick smelling it in large amounts. Not that all make up is bad, I knew a pretty average looking girl that was a tom boy type that never wore make up. She once wore it and she immediately went up at least two points, she used just the bare minimum amount of make up. Just a little and it did wonders for her.