Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

2010 Predictions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dchavok, Dec 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dchavok

dchavok
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

A staple of the RMMB, I suppose, but fun nevertheless, I guess it should be about time where we start putting down our 2010 Predicitions. Sports, deaths, people hitting it big, people falling out, etc.

I wish we still had access to what we said for 2009. I know I correctly guessed that Winehouse would clean up and Swayze would pass on along with the further descent of the already crumbling democratic party, but incorrectly predicted IHTSBIH would be a success (if only because I'm still anxiously waiting for Hoo-Ah's story to be told in full) and that the Cavaliers would win a championship.

FOCUS: Lets get your predictions for 2010/Reflections on 2009

ANTI-FOCUS: What don't you want to happen for 2010?

2. Dcc001

Dcc001
    Expand Collapse
    New Bitch On Top

I predict that the 2010 Vancouver Olympics will be a tangled mess. Oh, sure, they might not show it on television but God help the people trying to drive from Point A to Point B in that city for that month (including the para-Olympics).

On a positive/hopeful note, I predict that we'll maybe come down a notch or two in the level of panic we've seen over everything that's happened in the past decade. We might actually be able to bring bottles of water on planes, not have our shoes x-rayed, etc.

Oh, and China and India will rule the Earth.

3. Robbie Clark

Robbie Clark
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Focus:Here's an easy one: The economy will not recover in 2010.

Anti-focus: The economy not recovering in 2010.

4. Will-Furry

Will-Furry
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Hoo-ah used to be my favorite Rudius site, and was actually a partial reason why I joined the military. Once I got more familiar with military stuff, especially Special Operations crap, it is pretty easy to see that the site isn't real. Some of the shit he says, you can tell it's fake. Other Green Berets online think it's fake, as well as one SF guy I talked to......So don't expect any updates from that site, which sucks because it is a phenomenal idea.

5. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Focus: Tiger Woods wins the Masters.

Anti-Focus: Terrorist attack on US soil.

6. Senna Vs. Prost

Senna Vs. Prost
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

7. thevoice

thevoice
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

My predictions for 2009 were as follows:

Super Bowl: Steelers (Correct)

Stanley Cup: Sharks (Way Wrong)

NBA: Cavs (Wrong)

World Series: Yankees (Correct)

- Legitimite box office success for IHTSBIH (Incorrect)

- The girlfriend and I would encounter one of those 'make or break' situations that would either make us stronger or break us up. (Correct)

Some of you may remember my frequent posts on the old board about her battles with anxiety and depression which started in early June 2009. The next three months were a living-hell for both her, her family, and yours truely. I admit that there were times when I thought that we couldn't make it, but none the less we held on and things continue to go well with us. She hasn't had a panic attack since mid-August. I consider dealing with that challenge one of the most difficult encounters that I've ever faced. I can only imagine the difficulty from her perspective.

Personal Highlight of 2009:

The unforseen playoff run by the junior hockey team that I call games for. We didn't win a championship, but we surprised a lot of people and are in a good position to make a run this year.

Predictions for 2010:

Super Bowl: Colts

Stanley Cup: Sharks

NBA: Cavs

MLB: Cardinals

Personal Predictions for 2010:

- The girlfriend and I will be engaged by this time next year.

- I will finally reach my goal of weighing 200 pounds again. As of right now I weigh 214.

- I will win the Media Award for the SJHL.

- I will finally get my 'brown belt.'

8. kuhjäger

kuhjäger
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I will finally get to put it Jägerette's brown hole.

9. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I sincerely hope my testicles do not need to be ultrasounded, grabbed, poked at or have their cremasteric reflexes checked by a health care professional in 2010.

We'll see how that goes.

10. Rob4Broncos

Rob4Broncos
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I remember predicting that Brett Favre would flip-flop about retiring for the umpteenth time, the Red Sox would top the Phils, the NY Giants would top Pittsburgh, and the Lakers would top Cleveland. I got one winner, one loser, and one championship participant right for each sport, so I wasn't that bad. On the other hand, I predicted IHTSBIH would make $150M and Watchmen would make $200M. You could say that I was slightly off...

2010:
    Yankees beat the Braves (wishful thinking says my team at least makes it)
    Colts beat Vikings (and ESPN collectively creams their pants for 2 weeks over a Manning vs. Favre SB)
    Lakers beat Cavs in 7 (as opposed to 6, which was what I said last year)
    LeBron and Wade sign with NY, and all is right with the world.
    Brett Favre will retire, then change his mind, then say he's not sure, then say he wants to play...after training camp, of course.
    Denver will draft Taylor Mays with the Bears' pick from the Cutler deal, and sign Richard Seymour after his contract expires with Oakland.

Highest grossing movies (in order)
    1. Toy Story 3
    2. Vampires R Gay 3
    3. Harry Potter (what are they on now, #7?)
    4. Iron Man 2
    5. Shrek 4
    6. Alice in Wonderland
    7. Nightmare on Elm Street

Death pool:
    Al Davis (whether by natural causes or from his angry fan base, I haven't decided)
    Oprah

11. Nate17

Nate17
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

For 2010- Will be engaged. Will still be balls deep in dept with no sign of recovery.

Miley Cirrus(sp?) will be is some sort of sex scandal. Angelena Jolie and Brad will split. Jessica Simpson will blow up to 250 lbs.

12. JGold

JGold
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

PERSONAL:
    -I quit my secure, decent-paying job in the middle of November because I hated where I lived. I'm now living in a much cooler city, but despite my previous optimism (I thought I'd have a job by Christmas), I think it'll be February or even March before I find something. Fuck this economy.

-I'll still be with my current girlfriend (of two months) at the end of 2010. This is significant because, since a two-year relationship in high school, my dating life has consisted of an endless stream of one- and two-week (or one night) flings.

-I will get a dog. He will be the best dog in the history of dogs. EVER.

SPORTS:
    -Jake Delhomme will be the starting quarterback and John Fox will be the head coach of the Carolina Panthers at the start of the 2010-11 NFL season. I boisterously declare to all who will listen that I'm going to boycott the team, and then continue to watch every Sunday.

-The Saints go undefeated in the regular season, the Colts don't. But the Colts reach the Super Bowl, and the Saints don't.

-Champions: Lakers (NBA), Yankees (MLB), Vikings (NFL)

-The U.S. underperforms woefully in the World Cup, and doesn't advance out of pool play.

13. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Christoph Walz will win best supporting actor for Inglourious Basterds. It's the most brilliant performance of the year.

MTV will sign fifteen more reality shows, including House of Date Rape and My Coat Hanger Abortion Story.

Darryl Strawberry will be arrested for something.

I'll manage to have my fourth no-fault right-off of a car I own within an 18 month span.

I'll finally get back to Cuba for a week. The good money's on this prediction, since I'm already going.

Kings of Leons will still suck. That's right, Hoagie. Fuck yourself and your shitty taste in "rock" music.

2009:

For the past year I have hit a streak of nearly unbearable luck. This was probably the darkest year of my life when by all counts it should not have been. I couldn't hold my daughter for the first month she was born because she was 3 months early, I wrote off three cars (all other driver's fault. No bullshit.), I was laid off from a great job and got a not-so-great one, my dog that I had since 1993 died (the only pet I ever had), the coward fuckstick cunt that murdered my friend in cold blood only got 10 years (with parole in six) and the piece of shit who quarterbacked his killing never spent a day behind bars. Scot. Fucking. Free. Oh, and summer's weather FUCKING SUCKED this year to cap it off. Where's the rewind/erase button when you need it?

Yes, there have been some good times too. I've discovered that being a dad is truly a great thing, and it doesn't end all the fun. I had one of the top five times of my life up in Niagara Falls back in June, and I'm looking forward to another great time this New Year's.

And now, to watch National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation 100 times over the next three weeks. Cheers and kudos, ya'll.

"SHITTER WAS FULL!!!"

14. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Focus:
    - The recession will start to turn around, but it won't be until November.
    - We will have essentially made no progress towards a real health care reform
    - Vikings over colts in the super bowl
    - The Road will win picture of the year for the oscars. Not because it's so great, but because it's been such a weak year for movies [I have not seen it yet].

15. gtg2k

gtg2k
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

My predictions for 2010...

SPORTS
    -Colts vs. Saints in the Super Bowl. Both will come in undefeated. Saints will edge the Colts, barely.
    -Brandon Jennings will win the NBA Rookie of the Year award, and take the Bucks on a deep playoff run.
    -The Yankees will collapse under the weight of their expectations, and finish at the bottom of the AL East.
    -The Cardinals will win the World Series in 6 games.
    -Italy will win the World Cup.
    -The Vancouver Games will be a financial disaster, and no significant records will be broken.
    -The Memphis Tigers football team will go 7-5 under our new coach Larry Porter, make a minor bowl game, and win.
    -The Memphis Grizzlies will finish with a worse record than the Nets, but still not get the Number 1 pick in the draft lottery.
    -The Memphis Tigers basketball team will go to the Elite Eight, shocking the college basketball world. Josh Pastner will win Coach of the Year, be offered every major coaching vacancy, and turn them down to stay in Memphis.
    -Hulk Hogan vs. Ric Flair will revitalize TNA wrestling (ok, not really sports, but I'm putting it in there).
    -Allen Iverson will retire.
    -Tim Tebow will ascend into heaven before the NFL Draft.

CULTURAL
    -Twilight will be launched as a weekly TV series, and will resoundingly win the teen girl ratings bracket,
    -The Cleveland Show will be canceled.
    -Oprah will reveal that she created the Twilight series, and that Stephanie Meyer is just a pawn.
    -Rachel Ray will release a sex tape that explains her voice.
    -Dane Cook will get busted in a prostitution ring, and be convicted of violating the Mann Act. He will be sentenced to 50 years in jail.
    -MTV will officially quit showing any music videos on their channel, even at 3AM.
    -Miley Cyrus will pose in Playboy and/or get pregnant.
    -Wayne Brady will change his name to Abdullah Rahim Shabazz Dah.
    -All of the years music will suck.

POLITICS
    -Same old shit.

PERSONAL
    -I'll have a new job.
    -My wife will somehow end up pregnant and be expecting (God I hope not).

16. toddus

toddus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Anti-focus:

Don't let it be mine.

17. travdiddy84

travdiddy84
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Death Pool:
    Steven Tyler. He's off the wagon, partying with a girl half his age, avoiding lifelong friends. There's no fucking way he survives the next year.
    Amy Winehouse
    Brock Lesnar/Kurt Angle/Jeff Hardy (At least one wrestler overdoses or has a "heart attack" every year. Hell, Umaga just died today. Lesnar apparently has something seriously horribly that Dana White won't talk about and Kurt Angle was on Vince McMahon's 'death watch' list a few years ago. Hardy is into coke, steroids, and Soma.)

Sports:
    Brett Favre does his annual summer bullshit again.
    Braves win the World Series. Bobby Cox and Chipper end their careers on top.
    Saints - Colts Super Bowl. Neither is undefeated to end the season. Bengals lose early in the playoffs. (I have a bet with several friends that if Cincinnati wins the Super Bowl, I'll shave my head. I'll post pictures here if that happens.)
    Ohio States losing the upcoming bowl game. Fans in Columbus want Tressel's head on a stake outside the city.
    Serena and Venus Williams either complete the sex change surgery and become 100% man or admit they've been injecting enough HGH to kill a water buffalo.
    Televised golf coverage continues to bore the holy fuck out of me.

Personal:
    I continue working for Anthem and continue to hate the healthcare industry.

18. fastang

fastang
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

-A category 4 hurricane will hit somewhere in a populated area of the U.S.
    -Obama's approval rating will continue to slip.
    -There will be another colossal breakdown of the housing market, but this time including commercial real estate.

19. BrotherNumberOne

BrotherNumberOne
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Unlike everyone else here, I predict the Colts do NOT get to the Super Bowl. They aren't as good as their record (see: mediocre schedule, at best). It'll be New Orleans v. either Pittsburgh or New England. That's right! I said it... New England.

20. hawkeyenick

hawkeyenick
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

SPORTS:
    -The NFC Championship game will feature the Saint v. Vikings, and Brett Favre will return to form and throw 4 INTs with the Saints running away with the game. They'll go on to beat the Chargers in the Super Bowl with Brees getting revenge on the team that never really believed in him.
    -The Denver Nuggets will win the NBA championship over the Atlanta Hawks. The Cavs will lose in the second round, and Lebron will sign with the Bulls and return them to NBA dominance.
    -The Cardinals will win the World Series over the Red Sox. All will be right in the baseball.
    -The US will make a surprisingly deep run in the World Cup, going to the semi-finals. I'll guess that the winner will be France, who will play with added fire due to the Henry handball fiasco.
    -Alabama will destroy Texas in the National Championship game.
    -Syracuse will win the National Championship over Kentucky, getting rid of the bad karma from Devendorf frees the team to win.
    -Iowa football loses at Arizona, but goes undefeated in the Big Ten and goes to the Rose Bowl.

WORLD/ECONOMICS/POLITICS
    -Obama makes a major gaffe, something similar to Bush 1 puking on the Japanese guy or Bush 2 choking on a pretzel/tripping on a Segway, and Jay Leno rejoices. Yes, Biden seems more likely, but its gonna be Obama, just watch.
    -The economy recovers somewhat, but never reaches its previous heights.
    -The Republicans gain a few seats in the mid-term election, but not as many as they hoped.
    -Sarah Palin says something ridiculously stupid. Her national political career finally reaches its much deserved end.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.