Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

6/27/14 WDT - HAPPY FUCKING CANADA DAY, EH - NSFW

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nettdata, Jun 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Attached Files:

2. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

Hey you, I was working on this ya know. How dare you.

3. Gravy

Gravy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The dirty snowbacks are taking all our jobs!

4. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

That's fine I'm still posting what I HAD been working on before I was so rudely interuppted.

I have had shit fucking luck this week for some reason. I won't outline all of the reasons why instead I'll just throw the most recent out; we ordered pizza delivery last night for a grand total of $18.99.

When I logged into my checking account this morning the STUPID FUCKING ASSBAGS PROCESSED IT FOR $184.99. It overdrew my account and the bank dinged me 35 bucks. The place doesn't open until 11am so I have to wait.

I feel sorry for who ever answers the phone (I'll ask for the manager first) because if they give me any fucking lip I will rip their face off.

Moving on.....

Today is National Sunglasses Day. Have a fav brand? Share it.

Today is National Happy Birthday To You Day. If today is yours Happy Birthday To You, I guess.

Today is National PTSD Awarness Day. If you have served, thank you. If you suffer from this, may life treat you better.

Today is National HIV Testing Day. I remember when Aids/HIV were an unknown and never heard of, to the general public anyway.

5. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

Hey Fuckface, not that it's any of your fucking business but it's the end of the month.
    I am in no mood to deal with your high and mighty bullshit so you better back the fuck away.

6. Flat_Rate

Flat_Rate
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

What else happens to you at the end of the month?

7. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Banned for the weekend for being a self-entitled attention whore of a douchebag.

8. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Well ANYWHO...

As for sunglasses I got onto a kick to buy some real nice ones for my brother's beach wedding last month. I went with Oliver Peoples Gregory Peck and found a legit seller on Ebay. Unfortunately even in their biggest size they still don't quite fit my melon head and they slip easily I need to have them adjusted and get a band for them. If I knew my brother's best man was wearing Persols I'd have went with them as I dig the Steve Mcqueen look.

9. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse
    Call me Caitlyn. Got any cake?

Don't forget you're six feet tall. If the phone call doesn't work just go there in person. I'm sure you won't get any lip then.

Speaking of employee fuckery it seems very likely that I'll be firing one of my staff next week. I say next week because he sent me an email on Wednesday night stating that he was taking yesterday and today off. First of all, you don't email your boss, CC his boss and the CEO just telling them you're taking a couple days off, especially when you don't have PTO, and especially when you're expected to give a presentation at an all staff meeting the next day.

It's frustrating because he's a good guy and does quality work, but he's unhappy with a lot of the stuff going on in the organization right now, and has been for some time. A lot of his unhappiness is justified, but every time he's about to arrive at a point where he can make a solid case for his discontent he shoots himself in the foot. He does a lot of little things that piss people off, and it's to the point where I'm the only one in the organization that was willing to go to bat for him. Unfortunately attendance is a pretty big thing with me and unexcused absences aren't something I'm willing to let slide, so he's pretty much lost his last ally. All I can do is shake my head over the whole situation because so much of it has been caused by insignificant minutia and/or bullshit.

10. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Why? Did the Minutemen finally roadkill every Mexican?

11. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse
    Call me Caitlyn. Got any cake?

Speaking of Mexicans, is it just me or no matter what kind of ethnic restaurant you go to - even if it's owned by people of the ethnicity of the food that's being served - the kitchen's staffed mostly by Mexicans? Even the bistro that serves Iranian food and is owned by Iranians has Mexicans cooking it for me. Are Mexicans just some sort of naturally culinary savants?

12. Robbie Clark

Robbie Clark
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Maybe this isn't as smart of me as I think it is, but my primary bank account has no card of any kind attached to it and that's where most of the money is. When I need to buy something I do a transfer online to my debit card account and pay. So there are good reasons for not having $200 in a bank account.

13. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

No they are just more able to work long punishing hours for low pay.

14. Flat_Rate

Flat_Rate
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

They are willing to do the work no one else wants, line cooking isn't a pleasant job and doesn't pay worth a shit.

I know of at least 4 people I graduated high school with who went to culinary school, got a entry level job in a kitchen, then immediately switched careers because of the demands.

Anthony Bourdain goes over this in his book, worth a read for sure.

15. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

AKA "Stealing our jobs."

Unrelated, I want to be able to shout at people with Robert Loggia's voicebox. I can only assume God uses him as his anger-vessel because WOW can that guy yell with soul.

16. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

There have been plenty of times where life gets bit more expensive than anticipated and then boom, no money. I feel the pain but they better refund your overdraft fee. I'd be out collecting heads from the pizza place until I get my money back.

17. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Hey now I've known plenty of hard working American born line cooks that can suffer the same hours for the same pay. Who've been to prison.

18. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Is it true the first thing you guys get taught in Spanish class is how to say "Can you clean my house for twenty dollars?"

19. gamecocks

gamecocks
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Close. We only pay 10.

20. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

Fraud dept. just voided everything out. My confidence is low that come tomorrow morning when I check it's all fuckered up again. We'll see.

Upswing of a shitass morning? The Boss just left for the day which means....Liquid Lunch Friday!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.