Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

What's Your Type?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by audreymonroe, Apr 25, 2011.

1. audreymonroe

audreymonroe
    Expand Collapse
    The most powerful cervix... in the world...

(If this gets picked up, feel free to come up with a more creative subject. I know it's lame.)

Now that my friends have all basically fallen into having types, I've found that I've been surprised by all of them. My best friend who's all sassy and cool only falls for totally dweeby guys. My friend who I thought was just going through the usual bi phase in college and therefore would be attracted to lipstick lesbians now exclusively dates bulldykes who look like straight up dudes. Another one of my bi friends, who I thought would be more into the butch type, likes really feminine girls. Another one of my friends LOVES guys who look like they're sixteen and are really good at math.

Focus: What's your type? Is it unexpected?

No one's ever surprised at my type. Almost every single guy I've ever been involved with or had a crush on falls into one of two categories:

Type One: Tall, dark, handsome, brooding, Byronic hero types who are viciously intelligent, emotionally unavailable, and usually some kind of artist (writers included). They usually have a hidden sensitive side though (hence all that brooding). They also have a similar sense of humor as I do.

Type Two: More of a "boy next door" type who's scruffy, friendly, and has some kind of hobby or job where they work with their hands. They build things or cook or farm or something, and they're usually entrepreneurial. They're the kind of guys you go backpacking across South America with.

I've never been attracted to someone who isn't at least a little creative, and they almost always have some kind of secret contradiction, like the motorcycle riding-rock climbing-weight lifting guy who plays the violin and writes sonnets, or the Marine who wants to be a baker once his Mariney-ness is done. The guys I've fallen hardest for are a combination of the two types.

I can only think of one exception of someone I've dated that didn't fall into one of these types, and that was when I got randomly swept up in Boston culture and dated an Irish kid from Southie. Those were a strange couple of months. I can't even think of many people I've just hooked up with that weren't one of these types either. Sigh.

2. DrFrylock

DrFrylock
    Expand Collapse
    The White

This is sort of the opposite of the mixed signals thread in that I think it will cater more to the TiBettes. I am sure many of the guys here have a type, but I doubt whether they're extraordinarily picky.

Let's add a challenge here:

RULE: If you post a picture of your type, it must be of someone who is sufficiently clothed that they could go to the mall like that without getting stared at.

3. LessTalk MoreStab

LessTalk MoreStab
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I like smart women who find me funny. If you add a measure of sexy to this you will have me eating out of your hand, or you know, whatever.

4. hotwheelz

hotwheelz
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The kind with vaginas

5. Ferris

Ferris
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

I think I had a type until I was 16 or so. Then I realized, I'm not good enough to be that choosy. And /thread at the previous comment.

6. Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Mantis Toboggan M.D.
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

A) Sweet, preferably blonde or redhead, girl-next-door type southern girls, or B) Asians.

I like girls who are very feminine and also tend to prefer petite body types...between 4'10 and 5'4 with a killer ass is my wheelhouse. Being that I'm a 6'1, loud, obnoxious drunk asshole from Philly I think I tend to go for the whole "opposites attract" thing.

That said, I'll fuck pretty much anyone who's willing and not completely repulsive (if she's only somewhat repulsive, I just drink more--still single, ladies!!). But these are my preferred "types".

7. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

If her body is still warm, I'm in.

8. Pinkcup

Pinkcup
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I always knew that I had a very specific physical type (before the haters jump on me, I find all types of people attractive...I just tend to date the same physical type): dark curly hair, light-colored eyes, not too tall, a little bit of a belly, and nice legs.

But after reading the focus, I started thinking about it. Most of my boyfriends have had a few things in common other than their ringlets and defined hamstrings.

-An above-average inclination and appreciation for cooking/food culture/fine dining.
    -An above-average sense of humor.
    -A large-ish age gap between them and myself. At least 5 years; currently at 11 years.
    -Marijuana use (I don't smoke pot, nor do I really care about casual smoking...it's just interesting that I tend to choose casual stoners as partners)

That's weird, yes? I guess I have a very, very specific type and I didn't realize it. I feel like they're all so different, though!

9. Frank

Frank
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

One that is smart, has a rational view on politics and makes good decisions (read: agrees with everything I say).

Also found this to be rather timely. Waring, slightly NSFW

[​IMG]

10. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

The only physical characteristic that I am consciously aware that I am attracted to: men who are much larger than I am. I very briefly dated a guy who was 5'7 or 5"8 and lean and I felt like a giant next to him. I am 5'8" and muscular. My fiance is 6'8" and I have no complaints!

Outspoken, obnoxious people are a turn off for me: the shit stirrers. I can get along with a lot of people with a lot of viewpoints and ideas, but the asshole who wants to start a discussion about my religion at the lunch table is annoying.

11. BL1Y

BL1Y
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Most girls I know who say they like really intelligent guys are actually dating guys who are only of average intelligence (at best), and are really just arrogant losers. He's kinda doughy, wasn't in a frat, quotes/rails against Ayn Rand, and acts like a know-it-all, must be super intelligent! Okay, that's nice, but he also failed remedial math, twice.

The people I know who date really intelligent people tend to never mention wanting someone who's intelligent. It's just a given for them because everyone they associate with regularly is really intelligent. You don't put "native English speaker" in your criteria for the same reason.

When we describe our types we tend to describe either:

(A) What we want other people to think we want, or
    (B) What we want ourselves to think we want, but almost never
    (C) What we actually are attracted to.

12. Backroom

Backroom
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I didn't realize how hard it is to find pictures of women wearing clothes on the internet so I gave up and just used a picture of Hayley Wlliams from Paramore

Focus:
    1. Any (thin) gingers. That's pretty much it, I don't even care if its natural or dyed, if she has red hair I can overlook craziness, less than average face, less than average intelligence, etc. There's something about the hair that balances everything out and makes the girl attractive (for the most part, obviously there's exceptions, but you know what I mean).

2. Growing up in the time of "emo" I've always found myself being really attracted to the hipster/suicide girl type. Tattooed and piercings are a close second, so if you're a redhead with a few tats and some piercings, you should let me know.

Attached Files:

13. TX.

TX.
    Expand Collapse
    The Mad Pooper

I don't really have a type, physically or personality-wise. I have tended to gravitate towards guys with dark hair and eyes, though.

The one trend I've noticed myself feeling irritated with is guys who are narrow minded or who only have one or two interests. I dated a guy for a bit who I met running. I thought it would be awesome because I finally found someone who was into working out as much as I was. Wrong. Everything became a competition. It began playfully, but when I didn't respond the way he wanted (read: get pissy or actually CARE) he became a sore winner/sore loser, depending on the situation. It was obnoxious. When he complained of a knee/back for a week or so and I suggested taking a day or two to rest, he'd respond with, "I don't want to lose my six pack." Yes. You will lose your six pack in a week. What a baby.

So, yeah. No type per se, but my anti-type is guys who are obsessively interested in only one thing or who are really insecure.

14. Flagrant

Flagrant
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I wouldn't say I really had a type until looking retrospectively at the girls I've dated and hooked up with. Barring a few 1 night exceptions, my last 3 (before the current) girlfriends have been petite blondes that have been relatively fat chested (no more than a 34B) and haven't weighed more than 105-110 pounds. I guess the current broke the mold because she's 110 and has DD's and is a brunette. Really though, as long as she's shorter than me (which is most women), and doesn't have a fucking dead personality and is relatively attractive count me in. I'm no fucking supermodel, but I'm good looking enough and confident about it that I have been fortunate with the fairer sex.

Anyone who is unwilling to break their type though is asking themselves to be miserable for the rest of their life. It's stupid.

15. Nom Chompsky

Nom Chompsky
    Expand Collapse
    Honorary TiBette

I don't really have a TYPE; I'm sure that's largely due to the fact that I don't fit into a type, and thus don't really view the world that way. That being said, there are some things that I value in people I spend time with, and that's most of what relationships are.

Intelligence is key, yes, but more important is a certain sense of intellectual agnosticism. Perhaps I've become so open-minded that my brains are starting to seep out, but I really can empathize with a lot of viewpoints and I like people who can do the same. If you're turned off by things that you disagree with or that challenge you, we can get along, but we won't really have an intellectually stimulating relationship, which is kinda something I want.

Sharing my sense of humor is nice. While I can make and appreciate a lot of different kind of jokes, my default sense of humor is a combination of pretension, whimsy, and elaborately pointless wordplay. An example from a couple days ago (at a trivia night):

If you a.) understood what the hell joke I was trying to make, and b.) found it funny, we will almost certainly get along.

An appreciation for diversity is kind of important. Without going too much into my background, I've usually lived in pretty "urban" areas but been educated/worked in pretty "whitebread" institutions, which has lent me fairly diverse and unique tastes. If you're not able to deal with the fact that I have a playlist with John Mayer and Jae Millz, we probably will not be getting married.

I also like nice asses. But if you've seen my posts in the Avatar thread, you probably knew that.

16. JGold

JGold
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Small-ish brunettes, for sure. I've dated and will date redheads, blondes, taller girls, girls with slightly muscular builds, and so on. I don't restrict myself to one "type." That said, a solid 75 percent of the chicks I go out with fit the description of "petite brunette." See: Rachel Bilson, Mila Kunis.

I also like girls who are strong-minded. They usually have a good career and lofty ambitions. Being from the South, I like to "take care" of girls to an extent, but I've found the especially needy ones just tend to make me angry after a few dates. Adventurous is another key personality trait. One of the things I enjoy about being single is the ability to take off on any given weekend and do whatever the hell I want. A girl who can tag along for a 6-hour road trip to go rafting in Moab is money.

I'm not too picky on body type, as long as they're in shape and aren't completely flat in the chest or behind. I've enjoyed A cups and D cups just the same. Every girl I've seriously dated has been heavily involved in some sport, typically running or swimming.

I've also found I have an affinity for foreign girls, particularly from Spain, Portugal and South America. I guess because most of those countries' populations fit into the "petite brunette" category.

17. Danger Boy

Danger Boy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

In a flyover state hoping your plane crashes
    My type? Hot slutty girls who want to have sex with me.

But I'll take what I can get.

18. tweetybird

tweetybird
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

There is so much neurosis in my "type" that I'm creeping myself out just processing it.

I always had the distinct impression that while I was cute, I would never be hot or beautiful. I was also completely freaked out of being that joke girl that all the guys make fun of, gets cheated on, what have you. Thus, my type grew up around what I thought I could reasonably get with the minimum amount of being hurt. This turned out to be:

-low to medium height (the other ladies want a tall guy? More options left over for me!)
    -skinny to medium build (again, looking for the population that others overlook)
    -brown hair, brown eyes (I'm blonde/blue and liked being the exotic one in the relationship)
    -symmetrically boyish faced (three cheers for cute but non-threatening)
    -slightly younger than me (this gave me a mental edge thinking I had the power and therefore they couldn't hurt me)
    -nerdy interests (so that I could be the "cool, social one")
    -moderate to extreme lack of romantic experience (again, I'm in charge, I can make the rules, you can't hurt me)
    -romantically inexperienced (you get where this is going...)
    -excessively aware of his shortcomings and completely clueless about whatever degree of sex appeal he possessed

Any guy that was stereotypically hot, alpha, outgoing, etc. completely turned me off. To me, they looked like walking, talking stomp-on-my-heart factories and that was enough for me to find them pretty much repulsive.

Of course, the problem with developing a serious attraction to seemingly safe, harmless guys is that safe, harmless guys don't know you want to bone them even if you hit them over the head with some massive cleavage and outrageous flirting. Seems like there's another thread on this topic floating around... anyway, I spent my dating years throwing myself at cute, clueless boys, mooning over them desperately if they didn't get the hint, and then getting bored with them after a month or so if they did manage to pick up my signals. True to my original goals, I didn't get hurt, but I didn't exactly have a lot of hot sex or dramatic young love either.

In case you were wondering, no, my husband is not my old "type." He kind of looks like it (medium height, medium build, brown hair/eyes, slightly younger than me), but he's got much more quiet confidence and just enough asshole to be interesting. He also pursued me without being clingy, and continues to actively worship the ground I walk on without putting me on a pedestal. That, right there, was the magic combo that ultimately tipped the scale from cute-guy-I'm-dating to this-is-serious.

19. Soonergal

Soonergal
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I've found that I don't necessarily have a physical type - when I look at the people I've dated, there's a definite plethora of physical variety. One thing that I'm extraordinarily attracted to is men who have what I call "lines" on their face...I've dated a couple (although none that are pictured below... damnit!).

Examples of such:

Attached Files:

20. Rumble

Rumble
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Ideally, something somewhat like this:

Realistically, I don't seem to have a specific type. Yes, I like tattoos and junk but I've dated all types of girls and there doesn't seem to be a common "type" that I keep coming back to.

Attached Files: