Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Will play volleyball for food!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by $100T2, Jan 15, 2011.

1. $100T2

$100T2
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Ok, not really.

However, I am playing volleyball for charity, and I would love to harness the power of the interwebz to raise money for the cause.

ALL DONATIONS GO 100% TO THE CHARITY. NOTHING GOES TO ME, MY TEAM, EXPENSES, EQUIPMENT, OR ANYTHING ELSE.

Every February for the past 8 years, I have played in a charity volleyball tournament for the Putnam Lions Club in Connecticut. I have captained my own team for the past 7 years. Every year, we either win or come in second place. There is a cash prize for the 1st and 2nd place teams, but we always give it back to the charity. We get t-shirts, hot dogs and gatorade for playing, but honestly, I'm just happy to get a day of volleyball in the dead of winter up here. Then, I can be really sore on Superbowl Sunday and drink the pain away.

If you'd like to donate, that would be great. Even $1 helps these guys out. Last year, they raised close to $20,000. I would appreciate donations in check form payable to the Putnam Lions Club that way there is no question where your money is going (hey, in this day and age of scammers, you can never be too careful), but for convenience sake, you can paypal donations to boostedfc@hotmail.com. If you'd like to donate and want to mail a check, PM me for my mailing address. The tournament is Saturday, February 5th, so any donations need to be in by then.

Here's an article from the 2008 tournament, when my team won the B division. Of course, we were "The Ball Busters", but they wouldn't print that in the paper.

Attached is a list of charities the Lions gives the money to.

Thanks in advance everyone!

Attached Files:

2. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I say we wahoo this motherfucker.

3. zyron

zyron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I live in CT, I will assemble a team of crazy, homeless people with the promise of free hot dogs and Gatorade.

4. Gravitas

Gravitas
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You should set a TiB donation goal and if we make it we get to name your team.

5. $100T2

$100T2
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'll talk to the head Lions guy, and if they haven't ordered the shirts yet, we can get the TiB logo on it, but to do that, donations have to hit at least $350.

And sure, if we hit that, you guys can name the team, however, it can't be too risque due to publishing concerns, relations to the Lions Club, etc. "Shegirls Moist Panties" wouldn't fly too well with them, ya know? I'll even get team t-shirts made.

6. $100T2

$100T2
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

As long as your homeless team raises at least $500 to cover the team entry fee, they wouldn't care. I'd recommend playing on Sunday though, it's not very competitive, a team of crazy, homeless people would A) fit right in, B) probably be the most athletically coordinated, and C) have a really good chance of winning.

Oh, and there's ham or turkey wraps and bags of chips, too! The homeless would flock. Hell, you could probably get two or three teams.

7. Tope

Tope
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

The Average Idiots.

8. $100T2

$100T2
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I am assuming the board could come up with something much better than "The Average Idiots".

I haven't heard back yet on the deadline for the logo, but I'm assuming it will be this week or early next week.

9. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

"Just Bieber's #1 Fans!"?

Though I'd require a lot more than $350 to get that mess put on a shirt that I had to wear in public.

10. Tuesday

Tuesday
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Thundering Assholes?

11. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

My GOD man... careful what you write.

Fixed it for you.

12. mya

mya
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Plus those are like the grannypanties of bunhuggers, how about something that sits a little lower on the hips.

13. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I don't know what you mean. Could you please explain further? Maybe provide a reference sample?

14. mya

mya
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Exhibit A, and I believe that it makes my point so well that an Exhibit B is not necessary.

[​IMG]

15. Tuesday

Tuesday
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I'd like to exhibit her B if ya know what I mean. nudge nudge wink wink.... eh? this thing on?

16. $100T2

$100T2
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The "2" sign means it's buttsex time!

17. $100T2

$100T2
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The first $5.00 donation has been received via paypal.

18. $100T2

$100T2
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

OK, the head Lions guy got back to me: He has to have the T-shirts finalized by 2/1. They will put the TiB logo on the shirt if I can raise $250 from you guys. He said he would take a verbal commitment, but the $$$ would definitely have to follow.

19. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

William Clay Ford?

20. JC62

JC62
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I'll get you half way there in the hopes that the rest of the "Idiots" here will step up and get you the rest of the way. Good Luck! Payment coming via paypal.