Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

WDT 10/25/2013

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nom Chompsky, Oct 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CharlesJohnson

CharlesJohnson
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So much this. Braised, shredded beef tongue with pico de gallo and hot sauce. Sex. Heart is amazing marinated and slow cooked for hours, then thrown on a grill to char. Skewer chicken hearts with a mustard/molasses/soy/sriracha coating, throw them on a hot grill for like 4 minutes.

Kidneys, now that is my mistress. I'm not much on most offal, but kidneys done French bistro style (just pink in the middle, tender) with mustard and wine and mushrooms, is one of the finest things on this planet.

Not to alarm anyone, but I'm getting my chicken and waffles fix in about 2 hours. When I come back with an engorged boner, you may want to bring a tarp like they do to Gallagher's shows.

2. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Just FYI, this is typically an unsuccessful pickup line.

3. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

My go-to pick up line was always "So..... You wanna see a dead body?"

Works.....every time.

4. Frank

Frank
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Already done turkey heart, so far that's my favorite offal, basically tastes like the dark meat. Wasn't too big a fan of turkey liver though, but all we did to it was put it in a Marsala type sauce with onions, whereas beef liver we'll mask it in a pate or roll mix it in with ground beef.

Pig kidney is next on the docket for me to try, I fucking hate mustard though so I don't think I'll be going with that.

5. katokoch

katokoch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

For the hunters, the next time you shoot a deer... save the heart. Trust me.

I ate chicken hearts like candy at a churrascaria in São Paulo. Good stuff right off the grill.

6. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

El husband is going to get into hunting when we get back. I need to learn the basics of butchering and sausage making..maybe I will go snoop on the cajun butcher in Louisiana who my brother in law had do his (free venison from a client). That sausage was jizz worthy.

7. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

With chicken livers, you can sautee them in cast iron with some onions and garlic. Once cooked, put into a food processor or meat grinder and mix with some eggs. Add some salt and pepper and make into a dip.

Congrats, you are now Jewish. Enjoy your chopped liver.

8. katokoch

katokoch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My dad taught me how to cape, quarter, and do the basic butchering on a deer and it's simple once you get the hang of it. I've only made bratwurst once but it was a lot easier than I expected. Half the reason I do it myself is because meat lockers up here charge at least $60-70 just to butcher a deer and the sausage/brats/sticks cost a lot on top of that.

9. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Wow. All of that sounds incredibly appetizing. No, really.

All of you can keep on getting your meals from the ground outside the rendering plant. I'll stick with the good cuts of actual muscle fiber.

10. katokoch

katokoch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That's like saying you'd rather jerk off than have sex because it's less messy.

11. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yep. Plus butcherers around here are far and few between when it comes to wild game. I actually found a butcher that'll do it at his store to your order for 90 bucks. I don't know if it's fda legal for him to do it but ehh it's a minute and half from my house which is 90 minutes closer than the last guy who didn't cut to order. Still I just invested in some basic deer butchering DVDs and butcher knives and it is a hundred times more rewarding. I don't know if Ill ever spring for a band saw but I am definitely looking into getting a meat slicer in the future. My buddy has one and it can make the perfect jerky thickness and shaved meat for fajitas or philly sandwiches. I got a cheap as LEM meat grinder on Black Friday a few years back and I like making my own sausage, though it is a fucking chore and a half. I am far from being proficient at it.

12. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Done right, it can be very messy.

All of you testosterone fueled woodsmen can rip the still-beating hearts out of deer and feast on it all you want. The earthiest I get is venson on a stick over a campfire.

My Irish mother tried to get me to eat kidney stew once. No fucking way.

13. gamecocks

gamecocks
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

More like I'd rather not fuck her in the ear since there's better options.

14. dewercs

dewercs
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Try Cabeza tacos sometime and it will make you a better person.

15. Frank

Frank
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

New employee is a hunter, I have the heart from one of the deer he bagged last week in my freezer, yeah buddy.

16. lhprop1

lhprop1
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't get this. How can getting the heart and liver be any messier that the process of field dressing the deer? You're already elbow deep in it. Why not take the extra 5 seconds to grab the heart and liver, which are considered the two best pieces of meat next to the back straps and loins.

17. Frank

Frank
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

He was saying jacking off can be messy if done right, had nothing to do with the meat. I think he doesn't want to eat it because "ewww it's organ meat."

Most people still equate eating organ meat with poverty, which is great because it drives the price down, hopefully they don't catch on to how good it is like they did with flank steak.

18. gogators

gogators
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Very simple. I can have one cleaned, quartered and in the cooler in about 45 minutes. A good, very sharp knife and a saw is all you need.

19. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Its funny, when I wrote that same thing down on the pet adoption application, they weren't as impressed. Did I say something wrong?

20. lhprop1

lhprop1
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

A good knife and a saw.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.