Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

This movie is terrible... But I can't look away

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by D26, May 7, 2014.

1. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Focus: Highlander. God damn, is Christopher Lambert's accent nowhere near Scottish. And then they have actual Scotsman Connery playing a "Spaniard", which isa term that hadn't even been invented yet at the time it's used. They never explain the magilla, the reason these people are immortal, or why exactly "There can be only one". But goddamn do I love watching it. The second girl i ever slept with slept with me the first time after watching it in her basement.

Alt-Focus: Damn near anything by Tarantino. We get it, you love spaghetti westerns and niche Japanese music. Telling stories out of order is so hip, man. Fuck off. Pulp Fiction and the Kill Bill movies are some fucking travesties of celluloid with some good quotable lines tossed in. Reservoir Dogs is ok, though.

2. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

alt-Focus

The only thing worse than Amadeus winning the Oscar best picture is Forrest Gump winning it. Over Shawshank, Pulp Fiction and Quiz Show no less. I'm sorry, but it simply is NOT a good movie and no film panders to the audience like it does. It doesn't help it has the most obnoxious, enraging romantic subplot in movie history.

3. Flat_Rate

Flat_Rate
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You should, Kevin Costner was great in it.

MacGruber

This is an american classic in my mind, it's a shit movie but I'll watch it every single time.

#43 Flat_Rate, May 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  4. Noland

Noland
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Hudson Hawk. So bad. So very, very bad. I still can't help but sing along with "Swingin' on a Star" when they are robbing a museum on fucking skateboards, though.

5. Tim

Tim
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

What Dreams May Come: Robin Williams explores the after life to find his dead wife. I had to turn off the movie half way it was so bad. And not even watchable bad.

6. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Focus: Just about any shitty martial arts flick. You know the kind, where some guy wearing a bed sheet and sandals in a crowded market bumps into some other guy wearing a bed sheet and sandals, words similar to "you broke my vase, we must fight now" are exchanged, and then there's a 20 minute mass fight scene with the awesomely bad overdubbed sounds of breaking tree limbs and grunting gorillas.

I will ALWAYS stop and watch those. And then go torrent a bunch more for later.

7. Angel_1756

Angel_1756
    Expand Collapse
    The Big Four-Oh

Add one to my guilty pleasures.

And add one of my "just don't get the hype"...

The husband made me watch Airplane and I fell asleep half an hour into it.

#47 Angel_1756, May 8, 2014
  8. Noland

Noland
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You are dead to me.

#48 Noland, May 8, 2014
  9. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I own entirely too many of the movies named in this thread.

10. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Baby Jesus is crying. And parked in the Red Zone.

#50 Crown Royal, May 8, 2014
  11. katokoch

katokoch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

What is wrong with you?

Focus: Tombstone. Since I've been with my girlfriend it has been my mission to have her watch from start to finish, and I have not been successful yet. Not giving up yet.

12. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You might want to seriously rethink your relationship here.

And anyone who doesn't like Airplane is weak and should be culled from the herd. Yes, every single line in the movie is a joke of some sort and it can get exhausting, but goddammit its genius.

13. katokoch

katokoch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The worst part is she hates the badass moustaches in the movie in particular and says she's glad I can't grow one (yet!). I had to re-evaluate our relationship after that but it'll be okay. It ain't over yet.

14. Chellie

Chellie
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Hello. My name is Chellie. You have slandered my favourite movie since I was 9. Prepare to die.

On topic, Twister and The Day After Tomorrow. I have no idea why, I just can't look away from scary weather.

15. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

SAM ELLIOT'S MUSTACHE SHOULD HAVE HAD ITS OWN CREDIT IN THAT FILM. You tell her that...I don't know. But something bad.

16. Puffman

Puffman
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Battleship, any movie based on a board game cannot be good. This one proves that fact. I cannot turn it off if I catch it on mostly because I want to see an Arleigh Burke class destroyer kick alien ass.

After decades, I have managed to cull my Starship Trooper viewing down to two scenes, the shower scene and the victory scene as that is when the breasts are onscreen. You have to be able to work out which scenes you really want to watch out of these horrible movies. I also will watch the 30 second clip when Amy Smart is onscreen as she is just too cute.

17. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

You might have to. Just say this to her:

"Sam. Fucking. Elliot."

...if there's no positive reaction perhaps you should start throwing handfuls of her shit onto the front yard. Don't worry about the neighbours, when they hear your side of the story they'll probably help you.

I think Starship Troopers is unwatchable. It takes a giant, bacterial shit on a classic novel in a way no movie ever has, and that includes Bonfire of the Vanities. It tanked Paul Verhoeven's career as a Hollywood blue-chip director and rightfully so. I just plain hated it except for Clancy Brown and Michael Ironside, who are awesome just like they are in everything.

18. happyfunball

happyfunball
    Expand Collapse
    overly defenCive stuffed cougar

You mean the shower scene where they show man ass? Puffman...I had no idea. At least that's what I remember about that scene.

19. abneretta

abneretta
    Expand Collapse
    Shenanigator

Focus: Con Air, The Rock, any and all old Nic Cage movies. I'm not ashamed to love every one.
    Starship Troopers. The movie prompted me to read the book which made me idolize Heinlein (I was born in the same town he was.)
    Armageddon. I used to think Ben Affleck was dreamy. (See also: Pearl Harbor.)

Alt-Focus:The Avengers. I should like this movie, I really should. I like other Marvel movies and superhero movies in general. I've tried to watch this movie no less than 3 times and have fallen asleep or been so bored that I gave up every time.

20. DirtyHerk

DirtyHerk
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Chalk up another shameless vote for Armageddon...something about Ben Affleck and animal crackers just does it for me.