Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

The TiBette Thread

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by audreymonroe, Apr 2, 2012.

1. happyfunball

happyfunball
    Expand Collapse
    overly defenCive stuffed cougar

Possibly. Hemming isn't a problem. It's bringing it in on the sides. If you need to bring it in too much it can ruin the line and change the shape a bit. I probably need about an inch or two on each side. It's nowhere near as fitted as the picture I posted (the bottom half). Which also makes it bag a little in front. Sometimes they'll pin them in the back or something to make the picture nice. Because that model is smaller than me and it fits her snug.

2. mya

mya
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If the fit is that far off, I agree that the pinning thing is probably what was done to make it more form fitting. Doesn't that just piss you off! It does look like a hard fit with it having to fit in the shoulders, without being too deep in the neck, with the seams on the waist having to hit in the right spot, with having to hit the hips.
    I like the new dress that you selected too. Since it isn't as fitted, it won't be as hard of a fit. I also like the asymetrical shift dress, I think the neckline would be more flattering, but think it may be a bit longer than you were looking for.

3. mya

mya
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Does it have to be a VS dress for ease of returns?

How is the quality of their clothing? I don't care much for their bras so don't order much from them. Did the dress that doesn't fit at least feel like it is nicely made?

4. happyfunball

happyfunball
    Expand Collapse

No, I just like their style. I want something stylish but not too "mature" and a lot of places the small sizes are too big (I know, wah). Particularly in the saddle bag area, which I don't have. And it's not that I'm that small, the sizes are just getting smaller over the years. I also liked the asymetrical one but I just felt like for June it was a lot of covering. The dress was nice, maybe a little heavier than I anticipated, but if it fit the lower half I'd definitely keep it. I liked the neckline a lot. I also like their underwear.

Mostly I can't go anywhere right now, and still can't do much, so I'm just trolling websites looking for stuff. I'm so bored. I did get in a watching of Starship Troopers (man ass!) and Escape From New York. And the whole second season of The Mindy Project, which I found to be funny.

And I've actually started walking around mannequins in the store when I see something I like to see if it's pinned in the back so I don't waste my time. Lesson learned after trying on clothing that looked fitted and looks like a tent when I put it on.

You know what shirts I love? Old Navy does "the perfect tee" in short and long sleeve and in v-neck and crew neck. They're ridiculously cheap too. Fitted but not too much and really comfortable. And you can layer them if you want. Nice with a pair of jeans.

And yes, I know this is #firstworldproblems.

5. Currer Bell

Currer Bell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You're using past tense, does that mean you aren't going with the asymmetrical one?

With it being a little more conservative I think it would work great with any of the shoes that others were recommending - the ones that I thought were too sexy in combination with the other dress (for that type of occasion).

6. mya

mya
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Currer Bell - she liked the Knot Front Dress, I mentioned the Asymmetrical Shift Dress so don't think it was in the running.

Happy - just reading your reasoning, I don't think that the Knot Front Dress is going to fit the way that you like. Just the wording that the skirt is "relaxed" and "tulip" means that it is going to flare at the hips. I would suggest others, but I can't get a handle on your style from your words vs choices so far. Personally, I love Nordstrom and seem to always be able to find something there. If you find their dresses too mature you could look at their Junior stuff (which tend to be less expensive too so that is an added plus!)

And I agree with Currer Bell that I would go with sexy dress OR sexy shoes but not both for a high school graduation. I would be singing another tune if this was an evening out but the event seems to call for a bit of conservatism.

7. happyfunball

happyfunball
    Expand Collapse

I usually buy my clothes in the Junior section as it is. I just have to be careful they aren't too kiddish. And I'm okay with the hip flare if that's the style of the whole dress. The dress I got ended up being fitted on the top and loose on the bottom. Maybe I'll post a picture. It's hard to describe.

I'll look at Nordstroms. King of Prussia Mall isn't too far from me.

8. Currer Bell

Currer Bell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Oh! Haha, I thought the one in the picture at the top of the page was what y'all were referring to as the asymmetrical dress, since it is a little asymmetrical. I need to work on my reading comprehension.

9. happyfunball

happyfunball
    Expand Collapse

Okay, best I could do. First picture is how I would prefer it to look and I'm pulling it in the back. There's about 3-4" of extra material.
    Second picture I think just looks dowdy. The material isn't touching my hips on the sides. It looks misshapen but I think that's just the way I'm standing.

Attached Files:

10. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

There's nothing wrong with the way it looks, though it looks way less sexy/form fitting than the model version. I think you are aspiring to have the same look as the model and you should either recalibrate your expectations or find a new dress.

11. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Dress for success

Can you just stand around at the graduation always leaning against the wall?

[​IMG]

Well, I disagree with 'wildered. I know you gals have told us over and over that you're not dressing for men, you're dressing for other women, but I'll chime in anyway since I can't rep you right now 'funball. I think the dress looks great, but the photos you posted don't show any leg - didn't you say it was also a little longer than you wanted? You should try it down a size - it looks pretty snug on the model's arms, too. In the least creepy way I can say it, I'm saying don't give up on that dress, try it down a size, and then post a picture with the shoes.

12. happyfunball

happyfunball
    Expand Collapse

Re: Dress for success

I didn't do shoes because I felt stupid posing. I can deal with the length I think. And I'm not aspiring to look like the model, but if I'm buying a dress because it looks form fitting, that's how I want it to be when I put it on. I'm fine with changing my expectations, it's why I posted another dress. I am going to try a smaller size, it's free shipping and I can return at the store so no extra cost for me. Plus I have the other dress for comparison.

And if it works, I'll post the picture. Still not sure about the shoes, although the pair I tried on with that I own already I liked.

13. Chellie

Chellie
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Dead serious question: Do any of you ladies (or fellas, whatever,) experience really painful bloating/gas/cramps after anal? Any tips for general GI relief would be appreciated, I'm pretty much willing to try anything at this point. The after effects of bum love have become so painful that I often end up in tears, and bum love should be about love, not crying. Unless you're into that.

14. Pinkcup

Pinkcup
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Sweetheart, he needs to push in more slowly. He's pushing air into your intestines with quick thrusts that aren't allowing your asshole to close up a bit from the previous pumps. Try clenching a bit, too.

But I'm sorry this is happenining to you. Hugs.

15. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Pfffft

Totally. Just open your mouth on the right rhythm and it works like a pressure relief valve.*

*Probably not really.

16. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

The fucks FutureWifes problem? I want a marble cake at our wedding with a little batman figurine climbing up the side of it. She's says it's not 1982 nor am I six years years old and we will not be having marble cake nor a batman figurine. What can I do to make her change her mind?

17. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

This is why grooms' cakes were invented. Just sayin'.

18. Angel_1756

Angel_1756
    Expand Collapse
    The Big Four-Oh

[​IMG]
    Everybody wins.

19. Noland

Noland
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Unless Juice's new wife is the kind of woman who has one of those little rat dogs and then he loses huge.

20. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

I may have made things worse

Attached Files: